Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

Just now, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Yeah let’s play men

Marshall 

Wisdom   Te Wierik   Davies      Forsyth 

Waghorn   Evans    Shinnie   Lawrence 

Rooney     Kazim 

and that is part of the problem. i am not saying the youngsters are only to blame but our squad is reliant on too many and they cannot be trusted when you are up against it.

we have put all our eggs in the youngsters carrying us basket through complacency and not factoring in form (which will happen with young players), so we have been left with a pretty terrible batch of senior players to go alongside the inconsistent young players

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Well it's why I asked it, we have come against quite a few teams this season with their own youngsters, we have struggled to say the least. What makes you so confident these players are good enough and what are level are you benchmarking them against ?

Do you have time to read everything I mean for hours so I can explain to you? I promise you that these young players are good enough otherwise they wouldn't be in the first team. Pay attention more often and you'll understand. 

6 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

and that is part of the problem. i am not saying the youngsters are only to blame but our squad is reliant on too many and they cannot be trusted when you are up against it.

we have put all our eggs in the youngsters carrying us basket through complacency and not factoring in form (which will happen with young players), so we have been left with a pretty terrible batch of senior players to go alongside the inconsistent young players

Sibley comes on today changes the game for 20 minutes.

Jason Knight player of the season so far.

Lee Buchanan a big positive in a dreadful season.

Whittaker consistently looking good off the bench.

Bird looking better last 2 games.

With all due respect, you’re talking out your arse.

13 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Yeah let’s play men

Marshall 

Wisdom   Te Wierik   Davies      Forsyth 

Waghorn   Evans    Shinnie   Lawrence 

Rooney     Kazim 

Poor old te Wierik. Who the hell scouted that bloke, you could’ve gone to any number of lower league clubs over here and found better. Reminds me of Francois Grenet. 

4 minutes ago, DerbyNutter said:

Do you have time to read everything I mean for hours so I can explain to you? I promise you that these young players are good enough otherwise they wouldn't be in the first team. Pay attention more often and you'll understand. 

Have to be honest, I dont quite understand your post. Don't mean to be rude, but explain what for hours ? I'm not arguing these players aren't good enough for the first team, but it's a team that sit at the bottom of the league, for me that's because the team isn't performing at a level that deserves to be anywhere but where they are.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought he looked a bit 'out of it' today.

Still think he has the potential to go the furthest out of all the academy players, but he hasn't performed nowhere near as consistently as he did last season.

And before I'm shot down as scapegoating again ? he is my favourite Derby player.

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

Have to be honest, I dont quite understand your post. Don't mean to be rude, but explain what for hours ? I'm not arguing these players aren't good enough for the first team, but it's a team that sit at the bottom of the league, for me that's because the team isn't performing at a level that deserves to be anywhere but where they are.

To explain why they are good enough. Do you have time to listen/read the reasons? Because I do have time for hours to go through this. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

All so we could keep Rooney on the pitch. 

I thought Ed Dawes' interview with Liam Rosenior was excellent tonight, but the only thing that was missing for me was the question of why Rooney stayed on the pitch. I'd of loved to have seen that question put to him, and here the reasoning behind it. 

He was ponderous in midfield and gave the ball away too often. 

Then he goes up front and Waghorn comes off. No improvement. Slow.

LR clearly sees we need someone to make an impact up top...identifies CKR to come on...it what situation does Rooney not come off for CKR here?

I fear what we are seeing is the absolute worst example of "player power" in the history of this club.  

1 minute ago, rynny said:

All so we could keep Rooney on the pitch. 

I don't understand how a player with as much experience, and indeed a manager to be, with his supposed football intelligence, can not see he's a massive part of the problem.

I tell a lie, actually he's a massive egotist who can't believe it's on his head against players nearly 2 decades younger.

Archived