Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

We are ducking bank, 1 win all season we will be having Christmas Dinner with 1 ducking win at this rate, we are an embarrassment. Its not just the Coaches who can be blamed the players need to take a real look at themselves. 

You can say the same baalocks every week but its getting very old now. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm lost for words that's your take away from this game. If this had been a manager you didn't like you'd slate them for a game like this as I said at half time, but because you like Rooney you're willing to overlook everything. Genuinely incredible. 

If you can't see the difference in that game and every other game this season then that is genuinely incredible! ?

Think some reactions are OTT. 

The results of that game (the score, the lack of chances etc) make it seem exactly the same as under Cocu

You get a positional map or heat map or some stats on ball in the final third and I bet it looks improved

The overlaps, the passing between lines, the width. All so much better. 

The chances may have come with some acceptable crossing. That was some of the worst delivery from wide areas I've ever seen. True garbage. Totally poo. Buchanan, Lawrence and Knight should be embarrassed by some of that "delivery". Some had all the time in the world and couldn't hit a ball in the general direction of the penalty spot/6 yard box at any sort of height a player could attack. Utterly poo. 

But the urgency, the aggression of the Clarke and Wisdom was much improved

In fact Wisdom put a pass between CB and LB that is probably the best pass we've done in about 10 months. 

It wasn't insta-fix. 

It wasn't woeful though was it? Give it some context and it was a gradual improvement which is acceptable game by game. 

Get rid of this idea that the team is top 6 material suffering from poor management. Theyre not. They barely were when Keogh, Mount and Co were here. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

The results of that game (the score, the lack of chances etc) make it seem exactly the same as under Cocu

You get a positional map or heat map or some stats on ball in the final third and I bet it looks improved

The overlaps, the passing between lines, the width. All so much better. 

Did you genuinely think we'd score though Alpha? 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm lost for words that's your take away from this game. If this had been a manager you didn't like you'd slate them for a game like this as I said at half time, but because you like Rooney you're willing to overlook everything. Genuinely incredible. 

I think he’s pulling your strings mate ?

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

A few shots on target? Real desire to score a goal? 

That is the BIG change you refer to ? If you think they didn't have the desire to score a goal, then I can start to understand where the terminology bed wetting comes from. 

Im sure you have played enough football in your time to know it's not as easy as getting a few shots on target or having the desire, other than that what would you therefore change to make that happen ? Put yourself in the new owners shoes, what would the first thing you'd do ? Would it be a new manager I take it, which would be ?

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

3 penalty shouts turned down in 1 game! Something like 10 for the season and all turned down

If any of those 3 shouts had been given against us, you’d be absolutely funkin fuming!!! No of them were fouls, just desperate shouts...

Just now, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Bet your pram is well empty of toys...

Articulate, well thought out rebuttal. Great post. 

Just now, BIllyD said:

That is the BIG change you refer to ? If you think they didn't have the desire to score a goal, then I can start to understand where the terminology bed wetting comes from. 

Im sure you have played enough football in your time to know it's not as easy as getting a few shots on target or having the desire, other than that what would you therefore change to make that happen ? Put yourself in the new owners shoes, what would the first thing you'd do ? Would it be a new manager I take it, which would be ?

New manager. A full new coaching staff. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I keep seeing the luck word mentioned.

It is incompetence which prevents us from scoring and in leaving the opponents three against one in the box.

Fair enough, no arguing that getting the ball in the goal was the problem, so you think the players are to blame ?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow! I thought that was a good, hard fought game. Our lack of a good striker to lead the line showed.

Hector-I should have had a penno as should Clarke, thems the breaks!

Roy, I always try to see the positive but that was more of the same. Possession without really threatening until the oppo inevitably score. No different to the rest of this season. We need a new man in with new ideas, the sooner the better.

We've got to build the team around JHI or Stretton up front, there's no other way. Waghorn has proved he can't do the no 9 role. I know it's adding another kid, which comes with its own risk, but it's the definition of insanity to stay as we are.

54 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Can't expect fluid football after one game Cocu apologists, with how badly we have been playing and the lack of confidence the players have it will take a couple of games for significant change. 

New manager bounce ,,, players in training looking massively lifted??????

We need to play the forwards. When is management going to realize that you NEED people who have shaped their careers on being inside the opponents box? Ingram, Ibe, Richards, they need time and support, and they might be lacking fitness, but we have no other option.

We had a decent game today, but the final third was, as always, lacking. So give the actual forwards a chance, Waghorn is nowhere near handling the job on his own. He is great off the ball. He gets the defense out of position, but he is no goal thief, which is what we need. 

Cocu the Nottingham Forest supporter has made irrepairable damage....

Archived