Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm lost for words that's your take away from this game. If this had been a manager you didn't like you'd slate them for a game like this as I said at half time, but because you like Rooney you're willing to overlook everything. Genuinely incredible. 

Why are you amazed? I really don't understand what is wrong about his post?  Was it not a hard fought game? Did we lack a striker?  Did JHI not get fouled?  

It is the first game he and ROSENIOR have been in 'temporary' charge and we looked more up for it and pressed.  This team has been rotten for a while and genuinely not good enough.  It is not going to be turned around overnight. We just need to stop the rot.  The first part of that was replacing the manager.  The next part is getting a consistent team and some unity.  We need to get to January 2021 with a fighting chance of staying in the league and then hopefully bring the right personnel in whether that be short term or not.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Why are you amazed? I really don't understand what is wrong about his post?  Was it not a hard fought game? Did we lack a striker?  Did JHI not get fouled?  

It is the first game he and ROSENIOR have been in 'temporary' charge and we looked more up for it and pressed.  This team has been rotten for a while and genuinely not good enough.  It is not going to be turned around overnight. We just need to stop the rot.  The first part of that was replacing the manager.  The next part is getting a consistent team and some unity.  We need to get to January 2021 with a fighting chance of staying in the league and then hopefully bring the right personnel in whether that be short term or not.

I'm amazed because RoyMac5 is frequently one of the most negative posters, and even in good Cocu games rarely gave him his due. And now we had a poor game in which we lost under Rooney and he's all sunshine. 

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Same old.

Waghorn inside right, ball on his left foot, shoots across goal and can’t hit the target

lawrence coming inside on his right foot....surprise surprise, runs into traffic several times., produces nothing.

Crap strikers. 

Whittaker improved us. Sibley is on too late. 

caught out by an over reliance on overlapping full backs, which leaves a hole that lets them in.

oh well....max points in the prediction league. 

Are these the Waggy and Lawrence that last month were seen as the final pieces to cocus jigsaw?

Today was as the rest of the season has been, nowhere near good enough. Lacked any “real” momentum going forward, and the defending for the goal was laughable. We are heading down spectacularly, hard to understand as a fan how we have gone backwards so quickly.

4 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

For 75 minutes of the game we looked much better. Having Bird on allowed us to play higher up the field he and create more pockets of space to play into. Can you honestly say we deserved to lose?

We need to ball in the box quicker! It’s that simple. We allow the opposition too much time to organise themselves and when the ball does come in (which were much better this game) it’s either too late or there’s no-one there  

Personally I don’t think we looked any different in midfield than we did with Shinnie & Knight in there. I feel for both of them as they were the only real good performers the past few games. Would’ve preferred if R Wayne dropped himself, but that was never gonna happen.

As for getting the ball in the box quicker, when we did there was nobody on the end of it.

Shocking subs as well...

12 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

didn't deserve to lose, desperate for a cf.

Whittaker looked good when he came on.

Lawrence shouldn't be in the team and tbh once ibe is fit I don't think he will

I've been saying this about Lawrence for 3 years. 

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I’m just not sitting hear boiling with rage like I imagine you are.. (don’t feel the need for any higher quality rebuttal.) 

Not really. Waiting for the Tottenham game to start and discussing the game. You're make petty comments trying to get a rise out of people because you disagree. I don't really care. 

IMO better performance, however not my cup of tea in terms of management. I prefer managers that make brave decisions early in the game to change things up. Some may argue that we were playing good stuff and wait to see if it comes good but, personally if I was their back 4 seeing Sibley and Whittaker coming on at 55/60 minutes tired I’d be worried about keeping up with the them. Then you throw Hector Ingram on at 70 mins you’ve suddenly got a physical boost on the opposition. We’re allowed 5 subs now why save them?!? 
As it happens their back 4 had a comfortable game with few challenging moments they just had to stay focused and we’d not brake them down. 

Just now, Andicis said:

I'm amazed because RoyMac5 is frequently one of the most negative posters, and even in good Cocu games rarely gave him his due. And now we had a poor game in which we lost under Rooney and he's all sunshine. 

Lol. It's because the change in the team play was easy to see. I'm not a negative poster - you are showing how you are. I call it as I see it. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Did you genuinely think we'd score though Alpha? 

No. 

It wasn't massive improvement. All the results of our labour were exactly the same. And I never believe Lawrence will do anything. It surprises me when he does. Much in the same way I'm surprised by a good first touch from Waghorn or Andre Wisdom jumping.  

But I thought the width of the team and the way we opened Bristol up was promising. But the way we went at them when they were stretched was hopelessly bad. 

I was surprised at the 2v1's on the wing. Thats new. And I was impressed that if Bristol pushed out to defend the flanks that there was a pass straight down their throat.

But that's it. It felt like no cross was ever going to be decent and that as usual players would try to be too greedy/clever

I did think Waghorn would score when it opened up for him. 

But the attitude was better. I can roll with that. 

Never seen crossing like it. ducking embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Yep, proper number 9 and we'd be happier right now....

Could have said the same for several games this season. Some will blame Cocu but he was shafted from above. 

You would expect a bit more fight and desire today, especially after what Rooney and Rosenior said.

I don't think one game is fair to judge but I believed if you were canning Cocu, they all had to go. I honestly think we have nothing to lose by giving either JHI or Stretton a start up top.

Of course Jozwiak will make a big difference.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you can't see the difference in that game and every other game this season then that is genuinely incredible! ?

I'd say the play was a bit better but the feel was still the same. Loo ok but not threatening, conceed a goal, never look like getting back into it, or like scoring.

For now I'll file it as "a lot to unlearn" rather than "there's no hope for this team"

I'd also say they were trying today.

Archived