Clarke - possibly;

Davies - See Buchanan;

Bielik - agree;

Rooney - not this seasons version;

Knight - possibly;

Shinnie - no although has played well

Waghorn - no chance;

Lawrence - see Waghorn;

I think Waghorn and Lawrence have the ability to be top Championship players. Look at the seasons they both had before we signed them. No one has been able to get the best out of them since they've been here

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The management team has got to go.

Rooney needs to hang up his boots, for his own dignity as much as anything. Offers nothing and whenever he does do something "not bad" it's usually nothing that any other player couldn't do.

There's a lot of players need to look at themselves.

However, come the next game, it'll be the same group of players. Hopefully they'll sort themselves out.

Fed up with this, I'm usually a happy clapper and it takes a lot to get me upset with DCFC, but I'm properly annoyed. This is worse than the 11pts season, because right now we have the resources to be perfectly fine. Perhaps not amazing, but these players are the level of decent in the 2nd division.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

The sad face is not aimed at your post ziggy, more that it’s come to this, bottom of the table...never thought I’d see that under Mel’s reign.

No worries Pearl Jam were all passionate about our club, but it hurts me as a Nottingham lad to go to work and get stick about how rubbish we are and I have no defence to the stick. 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I honestly think that's why we've nded up putting ourselves in a real mess and straddling to many ideas. We overreacted to a poor first 3 games with several players out and several players coming back to fitness.

There’s the problem though it wasn’t the first 3 games it was preseason and the latter part of last season.  Slow motion car crash that some are still in denial of.

16 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

While I agree that instance was a mistake by Marshall, there is no getting around the fact that we pass the ball consistently backwards in hope of keeping possesion, that was punished today. We are relying on passes to the keeper far too much, its a crutch.

We keep passing it around because we can’t work out how to break down teams who put lots of players behind the ball. We’ve had this issue over a number of years. The way around this in my opinion is quick movement, quick switching of play, long balls sometimes with firepower up front. Possession isn’t everything. 

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Massive big up to Liam Rosenior there, could see how emotional he was. He gave an excellent interview. Thank you Liam 

Yep, clear out all the Dutchmen but keep Liam. Not as manager but as a coach. I know new managers always want to bring all their own guys in, but I'd keep Liam and Shay Given  

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

To be honest I think a big reason why we looked a bit shaky early on today playing around at the back and going back to the keeper frequently was because neither Knight or Shinnie (especially Shinnie) were doing enough to get on the ball. 

If there is no option in front of them the defenders have 3 choice; sideways, back or a hopeful punt. The likes of Davies doesn't have the ability to pick out passes so is always going to go for a safety option, so a midfielder needs to make his mind up for him ideally (actually ideally don't play him but that's a different argument).

With that said that goal is purely on Marshall. He had ample time and options. 

Again mate, I agree it was all on Marshall this instance. But hopeful punts or failed passes forward are a lot better than allowing the other team to maintain high pressure and adventually, like today, take advantage of misplaced passes and score. Especially considering we are not scoring at all.

3 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

You said much the same the other night and agreed with you then and do today but this can’t be used as deflection from the management team,  Rosenior said as much in his  interview. 

No I agree, and I don’t think the management team is entirely blameless here but after watching today I’m not convinced it’s a management issue. Also I’m sure many will be saying it’s all on Cocu on not mention the players, which is certainly not how I’ve read the last two games. 

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

There’s the problem though it wasn’t the first 3 games it was preseason and the latter part of last season.  Slow motion car crash that some are still in denial of.

The problems at the tail end of last season are not really the same as now, nor are they really the same as the start of this season. 

It's less a car crash and more your car has broken down so rather than being patient and waiting for the AA you aim to walk the rest of the way through forested land and die from exposure.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

No I agree, and I don’t think the management team is entirely blameless here but after watching today I’m not convinced it’s a management issue. Also I’m sure many will be saying it’s all on Cocu on not mention the players, which is certainly not how I’ve read the last two games. 

That’s fair enough, I think its both which makes it more concerning. 

16 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I think Waghorn and Lawrence have the ability to be top Championship players. Look at the seasons they both had before we signed them. No one has been able to get the best out of them since they've been here

Dont this Waghorn is going to improve at his age.  Lawrence had one consistent season at Ipswich.  Lampard at least unified the team/players. Everybody leaving now is glad to get out.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The problems at the tail end of last season are not really the same as now, nor are they really the same as the start of this season. 

It's less a car crash and more your car has broken down so rather than being patient and waiting for the AA you aim to walk the rest of the way through forested land and die from exposure.

Same problem same cocu, not a clue

Archived