Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Spineless, Spiritless, Shocking .... that’s just the S’s you could go through the alphabet. I’m sure the players will come in for stick and rightly so but any posters using that to deflect away from the management of this team need not bother. Cocu lost my support after the last result with caveats of sadness it’s not worked but I’m over that now. We are in utter disarray. 

I can think of another S word it’s an anagram of sith

We needed 4 points and a couple of performances this week from two very very winnable home games. To subside to a pair of defeats, without scoring or in fairness ever looking like scoring, is a low point since relegation. We've got the worst side since the very early 1980s, and without serious signings in January we WILL get relegated, and by a very wide margin.

Cocu should resign, tonight. His staff should go too.

If he hasn't got the decency to do so, Mel must sack him. 

If he can't because he's bound by the deal with the arab, he should say so and resign himself.

Rooney should retire immediately, he's physically unable to compete in professional football any longer.

The youngsters get a pass, but the senior pros at Derby should apologise and explain themselves publicly.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Played well until Marshall's catastrophic error, but in reality we all knew that once Barnsley were gifted a goal it was game over and our players would stop doing everything they were doing right before the goal.

I thought we lacked control before that though and thought we looked better when Rooney dropped back but were still playing 343. Belief just ebbed away and we ran out of ideas and confidence by the hour.

I became so frustrated watching us in that second half, that I actually had to turn off. And that was before the second goal!

Confidence looks non existent. The players look like they're trying to play their normal game but at the same time look like they've just stepped onto the pitch after a gap year. Fitness is poor, bar maybe the full backs and Knight. There is no movement in the final third. Barnsley stood their back 4 on the edge of the box and 3 in the middle of midfield in front and said "try and get through" and we did not remotely look likely.

I think I am done with this team for the moment. International break has come at the perfect time. I expect some changes over the coming fortnight, and would welcome them. If we go into the next game in 2 weeks time with the same line up and plan, then I fear the worst for this season. We are the worst team in the league, officially now based on a table where 1 team started on -6 points! That is embarrasing.

I know I am writing this while my emotions are heightened. But that was crap. Absolute rubbish

We were dominant after jozwiak and Sibley were on. But the final ball from the wing backs wasn’t good enough, and we had the usual wrong footedness on the flanks. Jozwiak disappeared on the left. Waghorn had one great opportunity to cross but had to drag it onto his left and play across the box instead of delivering a killer ball. 
lawrence produced nothing. Rooney couldn’t play up front. A lot of Hollywood passes but all to no effect. 

Yeah, thats me out. 

First game I've watched since Blackburn and still no apparent plan, fight or any teamwork on show. A load of average individuals making a mess of an uncomplicated game. Got a lot of respect for PC and I don't dislike him, like I have previous managers, but he simply cannot continue. 

Such a depressing watch, half the team spend more time chasing their own first touch than they do contributing. To try and play the way we do with these players has just ended in complete failure unfortunately. We need someone to galvanise this squad and bin off Rooney. There's some talented players who are yet to show their worth, we just need someone to get them going.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Also not helped by a mismatched midfield not wanting the ball and zero control over the game. Too much to turn around.

Agreed though needs someone new to give him an injection of confidence. International break is probably a blessing.

It’s certainly a blessing for us fans. 

The manager isn’t good enough.

The coaches aren’t good enough.

Most of our players aren’t good enough.

Waghorn is NEVER a no.9 - he can’t head the ball, can’t hold the ball and can’t lay the ball off. Kazim is the physical striker we have and has to start.

Lawrence is Lawrence no goals and no assists yet.

Jozwiak has to start games.

Shinnie was awful today.

Bielik is going to be a good player but needs time.

Couldnt care less about the Marshall mistake, he’s an excellent player for the club. So no problems there.

SACK COCU

6 minutes ago, TomG said:

Does everyone think that Cocu should resign?  Personally, I think that he should do the honourable thing and go.  If he has a modicum of respect for our club, then he should resign!

I don’t think so. He could argue it’s not his tactics and style but circumstances beyond his control and lack of financial support etc. 

Would you resign and lose a few million?

its a bit of both but he definitely has to shoulder some blame

4 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

The players out on the pitch today are top six quality in my opinion.

Honestly?

Marshall - possibly but look where we signed him from

Byrne - see above;

Buchanan - would not get in a top 6 side;

Clarke - possibly;

Davies - See Buchanan;

Bielik - agree;

Rooney - not this seasons version;

Knight - possibly;

Shinnie - no although has played well

Waghorn - no chance;

Lawrence - see Waghorn;

Just now, Coconut said:

Sorry you've lost me there, who does?

Sorry don't known what happened there. 

We need a new man in to give different ideas and injection of confidence. International break is probably a blessing as it will allow a new guy a little bit of time to take a look at things.

The last few performances have been abysmal, utterly abysmal. I so wanted it to work for Cocu, but I think that’s it. I think he has been our unluckiest manager ever, literally nothing has gone right from him. I do think the problems go beyond the management though. 

I still wonder if Rooney was Cocu’s choice, seems more a marketing gimmick to me to sell the club. It seems to have worked but at what cost? Rooney, Lawrence and Waghorn were complete passengers today. 

8 minutes ago, TomG said:

Does everyone think that Cocu should resign?  Personally, I think that he should do the honourable thing and go.  If he has a modicum of respect for our club, then he should resign!

People sticking up for his persona, how well he has conducted himself blah blah, which to be fair he has, let's just see how honourable he is walking away from the poo storm he has created and the money

Archived