Abu Derby County

tinman

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

So when the inevitable happens and the takeover is finally confirmed as dead in the pond, does the blame once again land at someone else's door, seems very convenient...and also seems to be a common theme for the last six odd years ?

Have you been watching Derby long? How many owners have you experienced who have done more?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Have you been watching Derby long? How many owners have you experienced who have done more?

A long time, depends what you mean by more, Maxwell, for example brought in players that I never thought I'd see in a Rams shirt.....

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

A long time, depends what you mean by more, Maxwell, for example brought in players that I never thought I'd see in a Rams shirt.....

Did you not see Butterfield, Johnson and Blackman?

Are you not entertained?

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

FTFY ?

As said in another thread, there’s not a manager existed that could’ve kept them away from a relegation battle. They’ve invested nothing and will go down with no PL wages to spend Parachute money on. My closest mate is Baggies fan, their owner never been there. 

23 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The only reason the ground and the club are separate are because of the daft, totally artificial FFP rules. Without them, Mel could have simply put the money in. But because of them, he had to construct an artificial way around to give money to the club. If anything shows the whole FFP concept should be done away with, then this is it. When the rules that were claimed would help clubs, turn out to hinder and actually damage them, those rules don't seem fit for purpose.

Might not be that simple if Mr Morris has bought the ground with a loan.*  Nevertheless, I don't see how it can all be blamed on FFP. The rules may, or may not be fit for purpose, but those rules apply to every club in the championship, and not every club has resorted to relinquishing ownership of their stadium.  

* I had read that this was the case, but as with all things DCFC, it may not be......

31 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Am I the only one seeing the irony of yout username and making reference to maxwell's demise? ?

I thought that with the allegation that Maxwell was an Israeli spy and bumped off by Mossad.

Oh bugger, its Pond not Bond..........sorry, as you were.....

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

As said in another thread, there’s not a manager existed that could’ve kept them away from a relegation battle. They’ve invested nothing and will go down with no PL wages to spend Parachute money on. My closest mate is Baggies fan, their owner never been there. 

Errr, OK but it was just a joke! ?

Archived