Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

I hope “the” or “a” takeover happens soon. Re the debate about what a stakeholder is, the dictionary definition is 

What Is a Stakeholder? 

A stakeholder is a party that has an interest in a company and can either affect or be affected by the business. The primary stakeholders in a typical corporation are its investors, employees, customers, and suppliers.

See Jimbo’s comment above ?

5 minutes ago, RedSox said:

“I’ll be on the phone to Stephen Pearce and Mel Morris after the game to see where we’re at..” said WR to Radio Detby after the final whistle. Presumably they weren’t at Loftus Road, then. Hmmm.... 

Interesting very interesting.

Or was he talking about the league table??

6 minutes ago, RedSox said:

“I’ll be on the phone to Stephen Pearce and Mel Morris after the game to see where we’re at..” said WR to Radio Detby after the final whistle. Presumably they weren’t at Loftus Road, then. Hmmm.... 

he definitely sent a clear message on the radio, saying we will see what direction the club wants to go in etc he wants answers fast good on him

1 minute ago, Topram said:

he definitely sent a clear message on the radio, saying we will see what direction the club wants to go in etc he wants answers fast good on him

Amongst everything going off at the moment one of biggest dangers for me is if he comes to the conclusion that he’s been sold a pup he’ll walk. Would be a disaster for us as if he’s allowed to do his job in my opinion he could become a big success. 

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He's backing BZG to find a new backer to back the club to replace the backer that pulled out of backing the club. 

What is clear is that without a new backer their bid will collapse and DCFC will need to find new backers  to back the club as we are in desperate need of financial backing. 

Can I choose bacca?

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Read this earlier and I don’t see this as good news really.

Imagine you are a player who Derby want to sign, do you go and sign knowing that potentially you may not get paid next month or do you stay put  or go elsewhere?. This not only prevents us signing players now it will impair our ability moving forward too. 

Unless the takeover is completed then this situation will likely be repeated.

I can see some great news in it, but of course it wouldn't be smart to don the rose coloured spectacles and legging it to the bookies to place a wager on us powering into the playoffs.

Buuuut, it's probably better to think that's a good thing, than be scouring the garage for that old rope and wondering if the bedroom light fitting will take your weight. 

57 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Amongst everything going off at the moment one of biggest dangers for me is if he comes to the conclusion that he’s been sold a pup he’ll walk. Would be a disaster for us as if he’s allowed to do his job in my opinion he could become a big success. 

i dont think he would walk. i think he’ll be very vocal tho. refreshingly seems quite open with the media. 

hes really in a no lose situation. hes getting a tune out of the players, which if continues will only raise his management stock given current circumstances. if hes doesnt hes got a ready made excuse 

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

I’m hoping that because it’s his first chance he’ll stick with it but he won’t want his first job an impossible one as it’ll only effect his future in the game

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I can see some great news in it, but of course it wouldn't be smart to don the rose coloured spectacles and legging it to the bookies to place a wager on us powering into the playoffs.

Buuuut, it's probably better to think that's a good thing, than be scouring the garage for that old rope and wondering if the bedroom light fitting will take your weight. 

Haha like it

8 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

No I don't  think you are reading too much into it if they have deliberately amended it. Interesting 

two big signals the BZG deal is off. 

First MM has raised funds to inject into the club to pay the players - that cash was supposed to come from BzG

Second this change from 'the takeover remains on' to 'takeover remains on' pretty much shows they have given up on BZG. I reckon

MM thought he had us a big backer who would take us to the PL and put this club where it belongs.  I hope he will find another similar investor and - in the meantime - give WR what he needs to mount a challenge next season. The signs on the pitch are good

Big ask of MM tho, for him to keep ploughing in the cash

Archived