Abu Derby County

tinman

A stakeholder is someone who has an interest in an organisation. For example, my wife runs an environmental charity supporting disadvantaged children and families. So the stakeholders would be the beneficiary children and families, referral agencies including schools and other organisations, funders who fund the charity, volunteers who contribute etc etc. So in my view fans of DCFC are stakeholders in the club as they take an interest and contribute financially.....

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but you're not paying for a service though are you when entering a supermarket you are paying for goods. If the goods are faulty or sub standard then you are protected under the Consumer Rights Act.

What you think is reasonable or unreasonable beyond this is irrevelant in law, you do not have any consumer rights to be updated about the financial status of the supermarket, whether they choose to share information with you regards modernisation of the store you shop in and so on. 

To be fair Tyler, I’m not talking about legalities, I’m talking about basic business sense. 
When the success of your venture is largely dependent on the paying customer, and your business is going through a period of massive upheaval, it’s surely prudent to keep that customer informed, and engaged. 
I’ve been a season ticket holder for 35 years (I’m not suggesting that gives me any rights) but over the last few months, I’ve had to find other things to do. I’ve enjoyed those other things, and it’s questionable whether I’ll return as a season ticket holder. Would I feel differently if I’d been better informed? I think I may well have done. 
In summary, I fully agree and recognise that I have no “right” to be kept updated, and I’m not demanding daily or even weekly updates. But I can understand the feelings of those who feel that being kept informed, as valued customers, is a reasonable request. 

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Yes of course you are entitled to one. 

Football clubs are communities and the owners represent us as a community & fan. The minute you think you should not be entitled to an update on where our city / club / community is heading is basically saying do what you want with our club and no questions will be asked. And when you start going down that road you then get owners ruining clubs and doing what they want all because you didn't feel entitled to have something clarified. Cough cough - Blackpool, Bolton, Bury....

I stress my point again. The biggest stakeholder in the game of football are the fans. Without fans you dont have Sky TV  & you dont have football clubs.

So, the biggest stakeholder in Derby County Football Club are the fans. Period.

Im afraid you're slightly blinkered.

The biggest stakeholder in the English game is Sky TV.

There will never be a shortage of fans happy to pay their £30 a month, or whatever it is, and sit at home watching matches.

6 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m a stakeholder and as such I need to know if we are hurtling towards administration. 
If we are, then I’ve lost £600. Now some folks on here might not be concerned a great deal about that. I am. 

People are concerned about many things but as a season ticket holder you dont have any right to know anything. I think we are all incredibly worried but if they cant or wont say anything at this possibly sensitive time in negotiations with middle eastern or other investors, there is nothing we can do.  My elderly sick dad is still waiting for his vaccine which i feel i am a stakeholder in but doesnt give me the right to get daily updates from his gp, however much I might like it.  Its always "caveat emptor" buying isnt it? so loyal as it was, buying season tickets always have an element of risk. Eg you may become ill, move etc so cant go to games.  Although the club isnt communicating their risk is that many really loyal fans like you will just say sod it going forwards and there will be another black hole in the finances. That is the risk they take from this. I really do sympathesise its rubbish

Just now, ck- said:

In summary, I fully agree and recognise that I have no “right” to be kept updated, and I’m not demanding daily or even weekly updates. But I can understand the feelings of those who feel that being kept informed, as valued customers, is a reasonable request. 

Again what you feel is reasonable or unreasonable is irrevelant am afraid. If the club has any sense then yes it would have a vested interest to engage with its fanbase and provide updates absolutely but it doesn't have any compunction whatsoever to do so. 

As other more esteemed posters than myself have mentioned weeks ago the club may be bound by NDAs anyway forbidding this type of communication. 

All that is going on is out of our control and we can't even go and protest about it at the ground like we did in the RPG days,so it's just a case of waiting to see what happens.

All the words put on here, twitter, facebook or wherever else mean absolutely nothing to sheik whatsisface and Mel either can't or doesn't want to update us on what's happening.

It's pointless bikering amongst us selfs.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Im afraid you're slightly blinkered.

The biggest stakeholder in the English game is Sky TV.

There will never be a shortage of fans happy to pay their £30 a month, or whatever it is, and sit at home watching matches.

Sky are one of many stakeholders in football....

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

People are concerned about many things but as a season ticket holder you dont have any right to know anything. I think we are all incredibly worried but if they cant or wont say anything at this possibly sensitive time in negotiations with middle eastern or other investors, there is nothing we can do.  My elderly sick dad is still waiting for his vaccine which i feel i am a stakeholder in but doesnt give me the right to get daily updates from his gp, however much I might like it.  Its always "caveat emptor" buying isnt it? so loyal as it was, buying season tickets always have an element of risk. Eg you may become ill, move etc so cant go to games.  Although the club isnt communicating their risk is that many really loyal fans like you will just say sod it going forwards and there will be another black hole in the finances. That is the risk they take from this. I really do sympathesise its rubbish

The thing is Mel started this regular rolling consultation with fans which is all well and good when things look bright.  I really liked the idea at the time but did wonder whether he would stick with it.  

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Its always "caveat emptor" buying isnt it? so loyal as it was, buying season tickets always have an element of risk. Eg you may become ill, move etc so cant go to games.  Although the club isnt communicating their risk is that many really loyal fans like you will just say sod it going forwards and there will be another black hole in the finances. That is the risk they take from this. I really do sympathesise its rubbish

There is no risk with buying a season ticket, you are paying for services/goods and if you do not receive those services/goods then you are protected under the Consumer Rights Act as long as you do not breach the Terms and Conditions of the organisation providing those services/goods.

If you are unable to attend a game through illness absolutely the service provider would not be liable for this but this could be applied to anything in life. 

Just now, Spanish said:

The thing is Mel started this regular rolling consultation with fans which is all well and good when things look bright.  I really liked the idea at the time but did wonder whether he would stick with it.  

He did but its up to him. He may be desperate to speak but cant - WE DONT KNOW. If anyone knows him and can set up a code with him to communicate if he's under a NDA or kidnapped that would be great to stop all this. Perhaps if he's on screen later he could blink a message out

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There is no risk with buying a season ticket, you are paying for services/goods and if you do not receive those services/goods then you are protected under the Consumer Rights Act as long as you do not breach the Terms and Conditions of the organisation providing those services/goods.

If you are unable to attend a game through illness absolutely the service provider would not be liable for this but this could be applied to anything in life. 

Yes exactly there is always some risk buying anything

Copied from the DT.

"The outstanding wages of the Derby County players are to be paid in full by Monday, DerbyshireLive understands.

In turn, this will see the club's transfer embrago lifted and allow them to bring players in.

Some players had already been paid for December.

There is no new update on the proposed takeover by Sheikh Khaled's Derventio Holdings (UK) limited, but the takeover remains on."

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Me, on the first day they went up for renewal - when Coronovirus looked like the new Sars - a bit dodgy for the Far East but never going to be a big issue here.

Oh yeah, I'm a rubbish fan I always wait until the last day possible to renew my seat, forgot they went on sale super early, I now feel your pain ?

Archived