Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County, selling points. Modern stadium, medium capacity could be increased, scope for commercial development around it, well situated close to transport links, upcoming young manager, excellent supporter base. A good investment for the right person...

1 minute ago, derby8 said:

Derby County, selling points. Modern stadium, medium capacity could be increased, scope for commercial development around it, well situated close to transport links, upcoming young manager, excellent supporter base. A good investment for the right person...

Sold. I’m in

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’m not sure the stadium is included in the deal by the way?

The current price seems to be £60m, unclear whether includes stadium, so assumed somewhere under £100m might be fully inclusive of everything. A sensible investor would want the club and stadium together.

4 minutes ago, derby8 said:

The current price seems to be £60m, unclear whether includes stadium, so assumed somewhere under £100m might be fully inclusive of everything. A sensible investor would want the club and stadium together.

The price for the stadium alone would have to be the variation Mel have the efl to avoid them revisiting the sale. Can’t remember what that was, but players alone amount to tens of millions.

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

The price for the stadium alone would have to be the variation Mel have the efl to avoid them revisiting the sale. Can’t remember what that was, but players alone amount to tens of millions.

There's real money schedules and ffp schedules. As I say a sensible investor will want the club and the stadium together. What needs to happen with ffp to make that tenable maybe causing a delay with the sale.

The stadium still concerns me. If it’s not included in the sale and the new owners have other plans. Could we become another franchise like Wimbledon and be moved closer to London ( I know they moved out of London). Maybe the Bedford Rams.

Hopefully not and the new owners secure a 99 year lease on the stadium. Complete the extension, put the roof on and make us the biggest team in the Midlands let alone the East Midlands. 

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

The stadium is worth £80m so can't include the football club itself. The club would still have to pay Morris's company for use of the ground. Might include Moor Farm I'm not sure. 

The key for a new investor is to establish the price for the club including the stadium, whatever that might be. Need control of both to chart a sustainable way forward. ffp may be getting in the way.

23 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Derby County, selling points. Modern stadium, medium capacity could be increased, scope for commercial development around it, well situated close to transport links, upcoming young manager, excellent supporter base. A good investment for the right person..

Who happens to be a football icon known worldwide!

1 minute ago, rsmini said:

The stadium still concerns me. If it’s not included in the sale and the new owners have other plans. Could we become another franchise like Wimbledon and be moved closer to London ( I know they moved out of London). Maybe the Bedford Rams.

Hopefully not and the new owners secure a 99 year lease on the stadium. Complete the extension, put the roof on and make us the biggest team in the Midlands let alone the East Midlands. 

I live in London, so  part of me would love the Rams to play at home down here. But dead against the franchise idea. We could end up in Wales ?

4 minutes ago, rsmini said:

If it were me would want freehold purchase not a 99 year lease, would be pressing owner for a price/deal for club including stadium freehold.

35 minutes ago, derby8 said:

When you see how much PL teams might cost think Derby at under £100m for club, stadium, other assets could be a top pick for many investors, where are they...

The point is though that a club in the championship isn’t going to generate much return on investment(if any) unlike a premier league club. 

You could buy a lovely modern, well designed shop with free parking in the middle of nowhere but, it’s never going to earn anywhere near as much as a shop in a prime location. Hence why prime sites are far more expensive.

The PL are the equivalent of a prime location whilst everything outside is, financially, like being in the middle of nowhere. One answer is of course to buy at “cheap” championship prices and then get into the PL but, we all know that isn’t easy and is probably going to need a load more investment (capex for purchasing players and revex for their inflated wages) which is a big risk and restricted by FFP.

1 hour ago, derby8 said:

And at least 8 months of paying out wages when there's hardly owt coming in, You'd need to be a billionaire not multi millionaire in todays Championship World.

To be honest the more I read and hear the more Mel is reminding me of Mike Ashley.

Mike took over Newcastle and was a fan with plenty of cash. It looked promising. He then realised just how much is needed to spend to be really successful.

He loses interest and stops really investing or spending money unless he really needs to.

There is a small amount of success but ultimately he wants out and looks for investment, which so far hasn’t materialised for whatever reason.

Archived