Abu Derby County

tinman

Just now, Barney1991 said:

I said for the Rotherham game and not much happened but does anyone see anything changing if we lose again tonight. Don't wanna think about as its depressing but lose tonight and do you see some realistic conclusion too this as we could end up 8 points behind if results were to go against us what is everyone's thoughts.

My thoughts are that we are going through an extremely difficult time with a new manager and a side high on commitment and energy but low on confidence and striking ability.

If we get off to a good start we might suddenly remember how to play with tempo and create a few chances.

If we don’t then expect the usual short, safe passes which evidence lack of self belief.

1 hour ago, Ramleicester said:

I suspect our wait is nearly over. Very third party but the midnight oil has been burning at DCFC and a good outcome could be very close.

Then again lol....

Could you elaborate a little more on this please? Without getting any possible sources in trouble of course. I've no reason to doubt you at all, but we don't need another Richard246 or Barry The Ram ? 

10 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I said for the Rotherham game and not much happened but does anyone see anything changing if we lose again tonight. Don't wanna think about as its depressing but lose tonight and do you see some realistic conclusion too this as we could end up 8 points behind if results were to go against us what is everyone's thoughts.

If we don't sign anyone don't think it matters what happens. We've got nobody who can score goals and that won't change overnight if we stick with these same players.

11 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree. Until now I’ve had a positive outlook on the takeover but not so sure now (and the ex teacher in me says that you meant to say “reluctant” rather that “reticent” which means something different - sorry) ?‍?

I thought ‘reticent in trusting you ‘ worked perfectly well, quite stylish in fact albeit a tad Welsh. Don’t let that teacher make you into a dull writer @Chester40 they try to do it all the time 

10 minutes ago, roboto said:

Could you elaborate a little more on this please? Without getting any possible sources in trouble of course. I've no reason to doubt you at all, but we don't need another Richard246 or Barry The Ram ? 

Bit tricky tbh but am representing some third parties who have been kept informed due to some outstanding issues. First time they have had some positive vibes. I dont come here often lol so who and what was Richard 246 and Barry lol.

1 minute ago, Ramleicester said:

Bit tricky tbh but am representing some third parties who have been kept informed due to some outstanding issues. First time they have had some positive vibes. I dont come here often lol so who and what was Richard 246 and Barry lol.

Appreciate it. It's just refreshing to hear something other than fans fearing the worst and the club putting out the same old spin on a regular basis.

The two names mentioned have tried to appear knowledgeable about some things but have a pretty low hit rate for their accuracy ? 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks for this update. You have in the past seemed reliable with your reporting. I think there must be a typo in your second sentence as it doesn’t scan properly, but I read it that someone reliable has informed you that it is now imminent (give or take 48 hours) ?

Cheers. It should be reliable but any news on this saga should be regarded as out of date before it is shared lol. Just wanted to share what I had been told.

29 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I thought ‘reticent in trusting you ‘ worked perfectly well, quite stylish in fact albeit a tad Welsh. Don’t let that teacher make you into a dull writer @Chester40 they try to do it all the time 

At the risk of going wildly off topic, to be reluctant is to be unwilling to do something. To be reticent is to be unwilling to speak your thoughts or reveal your thoughts.

2 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

I suspect our wait is nearly over. Very third party but the midnight oil has been burning at DCFC and a good outcome could be very close.

Then again lol....

For anyone tired of the Twitter claim-to-know-while-posting-contradictory-claims-with-the-intention-of-deleting-the-one-that-turns-out-to-be-wrong brigade, I have to say that @Ramleicester and @Footymum2017 are the most reliable of sources, above Percy level.

I'm not entirely sure how relevant this is - my own knowledge of the subject is very limited and I haven't seen any discussions anywhere. 

Pride Park Stadium and Moor Farm are officially of Assets of Community Value (ACV). That means that they can't be sold without giving the group named in the order the chance to buy them - I believe that the group in this case is Rams Trust. They have confirmed to me that they haven't been informed of any sale so neither can be sold for at least 3 months by law.

Now @G STAR RAM(I think) mentioned that he thought it was possible that the company owning them could be sold, without needing to go through the ACV system. I have zero knowledge, so this could be quite correct. However, if it is correct, it is a loophole that makes the law pointless. Anyone wanting to flog a building with such an order could just create a company to hold it and sell the company - even if its only asset was the ACV. 

In the event that this 'loophole' isn't correct, I'd say that means that BZI are not buying very much of the club without the stadium or training ground. Maybe this could be the reason for the delay? The slightly paranoid side of me is a little worried that maybe they don't need the stadium or training ground for their future plans.

13 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not entirely sure how relevant this is - my own knowledge of the subject is very limited and I haven't seen any discussions anywhere. 

Pride Park Stadium and Moor Farm are officially of Assets of Community Value (ACV). That means that they can't be sold without giving the group named in the order the chance to buy them - I believe that the group in this case is Rams Trust. They have confirmed to me that they haven't been informed of any sale so neither can be sold for at least 3 months by law.

Now @G STAR RAM(I think) mentioned that he thought it was possible that the company owning them could be sold, without needing to go through the ACV system. I have zero knowledge, so this could be quite correct. However, if it is correct, it is a loophole that makes the law pointless. Anyone wanting to flog a building with such an order could just create a company to hold it and sell the company - even if its only asset was the ACV. 

In the event that this 'loophole' isn't correct, I'd say that means that BZI are not buying very much of the club without the stadium or training ground. Maybe this could be the reason for the delay? The slightly paranoid side of me is a little worried that maybe they don't need the stadium or training ground for their future plans.

I suppose this begs the question: were Ramstrust informed before the club sold the stadium to Mel? If not, then there may well be a loophole (meaning their lack of information this time round doesn’t necessarily mean the sheikh isn’t buying the stadium (by way of acquiring the holding company)).

I wonder if the rumour that's going around is of a consortium of Gadsby, Amott and Brett Wilson, if it is it may just be based on wishful thinking, but perhaps there's some basis in it, who knows.

Isn't Amott involved with Burton Albion?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd
spelling

33 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

According to Derby City Council website Price Park isn't an ACV it was removed from the list in 2014.

Edited by SIXTEEN AGAIN

1 hour ago, roboto said:

Appreciate it. It's just refreshing to hear something other than fans fearing the worst and the club putting out the same old spin on a regular basis.

The two names mentioned have tried to appear knowledgeable about some things but have a pretty low hit rate for their accuracy ? 

That'd better not be a dig at Twitter God Barry? Our Barry is always bang on! 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

5 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

According to Derby City Council website Price Park isn't an ACV it was removed from the list in 2014.

It was re-listed 23/01/2019

https://www.Derby.gov.uk/media/derbycitycouncil/contentassets/documents/business/estates/List-of-Assets-of-Community-Value-25-02-2020.docx

42 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My knowledge is even more limited so, out of interest, I had a look at the register on the council website and for Pride Park it say:

Date listed: 23/1/14

Date to removed from the list 22/1/19

Seems odd if it’s only registered for five years. Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

edit: please ignore given @Cornwall ram update above

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

At the risk of going wildly off topic, to be reluctant is to be unwilling to do something. To be reticent is to be unwilling to speak your thoughts or reveal your thoughts.

Yes we might get exported to our very own ‘pedantry’ thread 

if you look at Miriam Webster’s website you’ll see one meaning listed is ‘reluctant’. 

Edited by kevinhectoring