Abu Derby County

tinman

There’s a saying; “you only get one chance to make a first impression”. 

Sorry, the people behind this takeover smell of trouble to me now. They’ve done absolutely nothing to provide any optimism, aside of piggy-backing the owners of Manchester City. For me, this is not enough. 

Personally, I’ve never wanted extravagant spending. I’d rather succeed through integrity, good planning, good coaching and hard work. I think Mel can orchestrate all if that, and I said to his face that I didn’t want him to spend a load of money. 

My instinct rarely lets me down and I’ve now got a feeling of “dread”. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Well we’re fast approaching a triple century on this thread and nobody is any the wiser. It feels more like a Boycott type grind, with the odd clip through mid wicket for 4 , than a Stokes type slogathon.

I think we’ve mainly been incredibly patient with our much loved club, but I feel some communication from Mel would now be appreciated.

Still waiting for that clip through mid wicket ?? even a edge down to 3rd man would do. ?

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Can we just make a go fund me and takeover our selves? I’ll even Chuck me fiesta in.

Not so fast, buddy!

I may be able to put you in touch with a buyer for that...

Are the staples still in, and can all the pages still be separated?

Sorry but this is an absolute disgrace from the club, shambolic and not the first time it’s happened. 

I’ll be surprised if the the players aren’t seriously thinking about, or have already contacted the PFA about this.

I don’t buy the “he’s on x amount of thousands a week I’m sure he’ll manage” completely irrelevant! Wether you’re on £100 or £100k a week your employer has a legal responsibility to pay you as per the terms of your contract, to breach that twice in a short space of time is disgusting. 

We’re in a relegation dogfight and the last thing we need now is unmotivated, unpaid players with half the season gone, still sat in the relegation zone. 

Mel Morris once said in a Rams Tv interview that he didn’t mind his employees making mistakes, but he always asked that they didn’t make the same mistakes twice, he needs to take onboard his own advice and quickly!

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

Looks like Percy is even getting fed up with it all. I watched the game today, but did anyone notice Mel there? Are executive staff allowed to go to away games? 

Given he's been fed information about target dates twice now that proved not to be anywhere near accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit hacked off. I'm sure he doesn't like releasing information that turns out to not be accurate as his reputation is based (rightly) on him providing reliable info

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Steve Nicholson on Twitter says it's still on he understands. Starting to get annoyed about it now, I know some call for patience but it needs sorting, we need to see where we are for our transfer plan. When does the transfer window shut? 

Am sure Steve has been told that. In the same way journalists were told the hold up in early Dec was due to bank holidays, then that delay in paying wages was due to money in transit (which clearly wasn't the case as it would have arrived by now)

Club either aren't being straight with journalists and fans, or they are being toyed with by these new investors.  

Fact club aren't even communicating with players they aren't paying is terrible. They should ask the pfa to get involved.  This is when union is helpful

49 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So Mel has paid the lesser well paid players himself. Time to draw a line under this whole thing IMO and move on

How do you know that @one_chopis not lending them all £500?

Could explain why only some of the players have been paid due to the bank daily transfer limit?

It is hard to believe the future for our club is, at this point, anything but bleak.

Fans have a tendancy to have a false sense of entitlement, we feel we should know everything. We all know in reality this isn't possible for all sorts of reasons.

The way we have all been strung along for the past 3 or 4 months with the drip fed information should however entitle us to at least some kind of meaningful update at this point.

We all want want what is best for this club. If this means it is Wayne Rooney as manager with a massive budget, great. If it is Darren Wassall with no money but a bunch of promising youngsters, not so great, but can we please get on with it.

The fans are now being treated with contempt and that is so disappointing. I thought we were better than that.

31 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not sure you’re right, QYJJ. If the t/o was off, Mel would have paid everyone. He would have no other option. 
instead, because there is a delay he has said: “OK I need to look after the people who don’t earn squillions. “And because I still hope Derventio will pony up the wonga, I don’t yet need to cover the whole (massive) salary bill. “
He is a good guy and I hope he gets his deal done on ok terms 

I suspect the real answer is a lot less heartwarming, and is down to the fact all the staff who haven't been paid have been placed on furlough.

Without the employer top up.

Really concerned that after the events of the so called buyers with Newcastle then Mel Morris even contemplated doing businesses with them. Shows either a total lack of financial acumen or sheer desperation. Either way reflects poorly on Morris which is now further reinforced.

Not overly bothered about the takeover one way or the other but its time we heard from Pearce or Morris about the finances.

Morris is still the chairman and as such the buck stops with him for ensuring the employees are paid.

We sold the ground for £80m in June 2018 and have had a loan secured against the training ground.

Where has all of the money gone?

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

I suspect the real answer is a lot less heartwarming, and is down to the fact all the staff who haven't been paid have been placed on furlough.

Without the employer top up.

Yes I think the statement could be slightly misleading in as much that the furloughed staff will not be getting any employer contributions but only the government portion of their wages as per the furlough scheme 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Really concerned that after the events of the so called buyers with Newcastle then Mel Morris even contemplated doing businesses with them. Shows either a total lack of financial acumen or sheer desperation. Either way reflects poorly on Morris which is now further reinforced.

Are you really questioning MMs business acumen?! ?

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Yes I think the statement could be slightly misleading in as much that the furloughed staff will not be getting any employer contributions but only the government portion of their wages as per the furlough scheme 

Employer still covers some expenses though, don't they, like NI contributions etc?

I'm not sure how often those are paid though, so maybe not a pressing issue.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Employer still covers some expenses though, don't they, like NI contributions etc?

I'm not sure how often those are paid though, so maybe not a pressing issue.

The club is still responsible for paying NI and pension contributions, both paid monthly.

Archived