Abu Derby County

tinman

Well we’re fast approaching a triple century on this thread and nobody is any the wiser. It feels more like a Boycott type grind, with the odd clip through mid wicket for 4 , than a Stokes type slogathon.

I think we’ve mainly been incredibly patient with our much loved club, but I feel some communication from Mel would now be appreciated.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But if it were dragging it's feet then would it also be on its last legs? And if you were on your last legs you could be on a liferaft but still not dead in the water? And if you were on said liferaft and drinking your own wee to stay alive then that probably would leave a sour taste in your mouth.

Mate just let me vent will you ?

23 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Cant the player's go and sign on the dole if they have no income coming in ?

There's no such thing as dole anymore it's JSA and UC. And if you're employed then you can't claim JSA. And I doubt whether any of our players would be eligible for UC either unless we were paying them minimum wage. So no. 

One has to wonder how we end up on this situation again, from someone who has proven to be so astute in running successful businesses, his tenure is just one off field negative headline after another.

If he stays will it still be Mel the genius ?

24 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So Mel has paid the lesser well paid players himself. Time to draw a line under this whole thing IMO and move on

Not sure you’re right, QYJJ. If the t/o was off, Mel would have paid everyone. He would have no other option. 
instead, because there is a delay he has said: “OK I need to look after the people who don’t earn squillions. “And because I still hope Derventio will pony up the wonga, I don’t yet need to cover the whole (massive) salary bill. “
He is a good guy and I hope he gets his deal done on ok terms 

Mel himself must now surely be very dubious  about the sheikh and his associates abilities to actually complete this takeover. 

Elongated discussions,supposed broken deadlines, non appearance (at the moment) of promised funds all lead to a build up of a lack of trust between the 2 parties.

Mel's public image is now being besmirched through lack of payment of staff and players when it may possibly NOT have been his fault or responsibility to carry this out.  

Rather than than leaving the club with his head held high with supporters thanks ringing in his ears, he is being rightly or wrongly  accused of trying offload the club at the very first opportunity.

Archived