Abu Derby County

tinman

31 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The obvious answer is that he truly thinks the new owners will have the capability to push us on further, to do big things for the club that he himself can't, but is there anything at all to suggest that this BZG group actually have the ability to do that?

This IS the obvious answer. And he will know their plan and we do not. And we’ve not seen anything to suggest BZG does not have that ability   
So the main reason for concern is the unexplained delay 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Coconut said:

I suspect the group MD Midhat has been the main contact, and from what we know previously he has a bit of a comical ali vibe about him.

Yes the stories about him taking to whatsapp and engaging w the Newcastle fans are not encouraging. I wondered whether he was persuaded to do that by Amanda Staveley or whoever was putting that deal together,  in an attempt to sidestep Ashley

Steve Nicholson on Twitter says it's still on he understands. Starting to get annoyed about it now, I know some call for patience but it needs sorting, we need to see where we are for our transfer plan. When does the transfer window shut? 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Steve Nicholson on Twitter says it's still on he understands. Starting to get annoyed about it now, I know some call for patience but it needs sorting, we need to see where we are for our transfer plan. When does the transfer window shut? 

I don't doubt that Mel and the club want it sorting ASAP as well.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Covid situation at the club is causing problems with any potential transfer activity!

So if some have been paid who has paid them? We were told that all the wages would be paid when the money was received and the take over was complete. 

This takeover isn’t just dragging its feet now and it’s on its last legs or dead in the water. The way this whole thing has been conducted leaves a sour taste in the mouth already, wouldn’t be too bothered now if it was announced the take over was off and MM was only willing to fund us on a shoe string until he could find credible buyers, these lot stink.

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

What is “perceived lack of communication”? It’s not perceived, it’s real. 

I think it’s a way of the reporter saying “the communication may be excellent, but nobody is telling me anything, so MY perception is that the communication is poor!”

Can we just make a go fund me and takeover our selves? I’ll even Chuck me fiesta in.

In all seriousness, Mel Morris at one stage could not get his face out of talksport talking about issues. Come out now, address why fans haven’t received there season ticket refunds ,the truth regarding all this takeover talk and the players supposedly not getting paid. 

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Can we just make a go fund me and takeover our selves? I’ll even Chuck me fiesta in.

In all seriousness, Mel Morris at one stage could not get his face out of talksport talking about issues. Come out now, address why fans haven’t received there season ticket refunds ,the truth regarding all this takeover talk and the players supposedly not getting paid. 

You just know he's gonna pull a Maxwell on our asses don't ya ?

28 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

This takeover isn’t just dragging its feet now and it’s on its last legs or dead in the water. The way this whole thing has been conducted leaves a sour taste in the mouth already, wouldn’t be too bothered now if it was announced the take over was off and MM was only willing to fund us on a shoe string until he could find credible buyers, these lot stink.

But if it were dragging it's feet then would it also be on its last legs? And if you were on your last legs you could be on a liferaft but still not dead in the water? And if you were on said liferaft and drinking your own wee to stay alive then that probably would leave a sour taste in your mouth.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

But if it were dragging it's feet then would it also be on its last legs? And if you were on your last legs you could be on a liferaft but still not dead in the water? And if you were on said liferaft and drinking your own wee to stay alive then that probably would leave a sour taste in your mouth.

No one likes a smart arse ?

Archived