Abu Derby County

tinman

No more excuses for Mel, he has messed up mire than once, needs to pay the players ASAP, and also come out and tell us what is happening with the take over, oh Mel, your time at Derby is ending in a very poor way. You have taken a top championship team to the bottom 3, and u have not even paid the staff, hang your head in shame. How you have ducked us up in the time you have been here, will always be remembered. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just be nice for it to be sorted one way or the other. Just like to knlw where we stand & a but fed up of the uncertainty. 

When i first heard the news i was well excited about the potential takeover. The more its dragged on & the more im not convinced its happening. 

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If this is true, the club are an absolute disgrace.   These new potential owners do not appear to be honourable in their intentions and I smell trouble brewing with this farce of takeover. 

I also blame Morris too.  If he knew that the players were not getting paid (I'd be amazed if he didn't know) by this dodgy consortium, he should have ensured that all the players were paid in full immediately.

Derby County are now becoming the laughing stock of English football.

Disgraceful if true.

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

Employer still covers some expenses though, don't they, like NI contributions etc?

I'm not sure how often those are paid though, so maybe not a pressing issue.

Yes that's correct the employer pays NI contributions however wouldn't pay towards the actual salary of the person as such unless they made an active decision to do so. 

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

No more excuses for Mel, he has messed up mire than once, needs to pay the players ASAP, and also come out and tell us what is happening with the take over, oh Mel, your time at Derby is ending in a very poor way. You have taken a top championship team to the bottom 3, and u have not even paid the staff, hang your head in shame. How you have ducked us up in the time you have been here, will always be remembered. 

Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

1) What excuses has Mel offered

2) Do we know for a fact the players haven’t been paid

3) Do you know, if they haven’t been paid, it isn’t something currently outside of Mel’s control

4) Maybe he can’t tell us what is happening regarding the takeover if it’s at a delicate stage

None of it looks good but some are jumping to conclusions far too quickly and should probably wait for the facts to emerge before talking about shame.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Surely no one can stick up for Mel now, he’s starting to tear this club apart

Not sure he can do anything that doesn’t impact the deal other than pull out completely. He could he acting in good faith and this is ALL on (the promises of) the new owners. 

so er..... yeah, i can stick up for him. If you’re selling something and you’re at the finalisation stage, you can only wait for the money. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

so er..... yeah, i can stick up for him. If you’re selling something and you’re at the finalisation stage, you can only wait for the money. 

You get the money quicker if you sell to someone with money, not someone looking for money.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

1) What excuses has Mel offered

2) Do we know for a fact the players haven’t been paid

3) Do you know, if they haven’t been paid, it isn’t something currently outside of Mel’s control

4) Maybe he can’t tell us what is happening regarding the takeover if it’s at a delicate stage

None of it looks good but some are jumping to conclusions far too quickly and should probably wait for the facts to emerge before talking about shame.

The fact that the players are not being paid on time is unacceptable.

Morris needs to make statement forthwith to provide an explanation as to what the hell is going on!

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Really concerned that after the events of the so called buyers with Newcastle then Mel Morris even contemplated doing businesses with them. Shows either a total lack of financial acumen or sheer desperation. Either way reflects poorly on Morris which is now further reinforced.

We've been told it's "imminent", We're told that MMs worth is circa £500million, How much is this in cash?, If he's selling through "sheer desperation" i'd be very concerned, People will do very silly things through "desperation", We're all non the wiser as we're not privvy to any of the talks, So pure speculation from all of us.

Fortunately MM can't pull any of his hair out, But i'd guess he's non to pleased and could be being strung along in the hope that the deal is "almost" there.

Just now, oldtimeram said:

The fact that the players are not being paid on time is unacceptable.

Morris needs to make statement forthwith to provide an explanation as to what the hell is going on!

Wasn’t a statement made when their pay was delayed last week? Do we know for certain they’ve still not been paid?

If they still haven’t been paid then a statement should be made as they said the funds had been remitted but I’m not convinced, yet, that it is still overdue.

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Records will show he took over us as a Championship club, had us challenging for a few years and then left us as a struggling Championship club.

Not really much to hang his head in shame for, its certainly not through a lack of effort or finance that things did not work out.

When the story broke I thought it was just a technicality of the takeover and an agreement should be thrashed out between Mel and the prospective new owners to get them paid on the next business day.

The fact that if this report is right and it hasn’t been resolved by now is very poor and the club are lucky someone isn’t kicking up a fuss.

Not sure what the process is in this situation but if the EFL get involved then it’s gonna be an even bigger pooshow!

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Wasn’t a statement made when their pay was delayed last week? Do we know for certain they’ve still not been paid?

If they still haven’t been paid then a statement should be made as they said the funds had been remitted but I’m not convinced, yet, that it is still overdue.

No official statement was made, just a leaking of the letter sent to employees affected.

History might well show that Mel has behaved shamefully during his final months as owner of the club, we’ll have to wait and see.

All I can say is that I hope some of the contributors on this thread are not part of the jury should I ever find myself in court. Maybe some of us are naive in clinging to some hope and trying to keep an open mind until the facts emerge but some seem to want to have him hung drawn and quartered before the evidence has even been presented.

Archived