Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

No space for Bird on the bench. Must mean they think Bielik is really ready and not just making up numbers.

Have I missed any updates on Jozwiak? How long do they think he’ll be out for?

Interesting to see how MtW does in a back 3 too. Hopefully it suits home better than a back 4.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney was always going to start once Jozwiak got injured. Would've been good to see whether he would've started if the polish magician wasn't cropped by Bacuna. Lets hope Wayne starts up top and leaves Knight to rat in the middle. te Wierik is an interesting selection lets hope he has a stormer on the way to a Derby win. 

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

No space for Bird on the bench. Must mean they think Bielik is really ready and not just making up numbers.

Interesting to see how MtW does in a back 3 too. Hopefully it suits home better than a back 4.

Ankle injury,they think he will be fit for the QPR match,next wednesday ?

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Hadn't realised that. Shame he's been a victim of our patchy form. Hope it inspires him to work harder and come back better and not have a detrimental effect on his development. 

Big chance for Dutch Mike let’s hope he takes it. 

Shame Keith’s out but hope he’s back midweek.

Im ok with Rooney coming in to play CF if Keith’s out but I do worry he’s first name on the team sheet no matter what.

Other than that it’s probably the best team available to us!

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

Didn’t notice Birds out the squad. 

Interesting could be a late injury or could be Cocu giving him a nudge 

Team is fine, except for Rooney.

How fit is he going to be after being stuck at home for two weeks?

Surely Kazim-Richards or Sibley would have been the better option when you take that into account?

Fear for us today that Danjuma and Stanislas will run us ragged, but hope to be surprised.

FFS. Rooney makes this team so much worse.

How does Cocu justify these decisions to the players? We've just put in our 2 best performances of the season in a pressing 343 where the forwards rotate. Brings in old man Rooney who isn't versatile, isn't fit, and frankly isn't very good.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm disappointed he's put Rooney straight in after missing 2 weeks of football. Delighted Bielik is back and surprised Bird misses out. Everything else as expected.

I really don't like it either. Nor Bird getting dropped. Bringing Rooney straight back surely sends the wrong message after not training for two weeks and frankly patchy form preceding that.

Can't help but feel Bird and Sibley are paying the price for the first few games. Despite the rest of the team being majorly off the boil.

7 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

FFS. Rooney makes this team so much worse.

How does Cocu justify these decisions to the players? We've just put in our 2 best performances of the season in a pressing 343 where the forwards rotate. Brings in old man Rooney who isn't versatile, isn't fit, and frankly isn't very good.

I don't like it either.

The only way I can see some logic to it is if Rooney is in midfield and preferabley deep. Even if performances have up turned we lack a degree of control in the middle and haven't been keeping the ball particularly well. Rooney would help with that and hopefully the running of Shinnie and Knight will cover for him.

I'm essentially thinking on how Juventus got the most out of Pirlo in his latter years.

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well, its 10am in South Hampshire,  persistently raining and my entire day has been boxed off with taking delivery of £14,000 worth of kitchen units and sourcing some new parts for MoodHoover jnrs shower. 

So I am unlikely to be following the rams at all today.....Will @angieram be wearing full purdah in preparation for the coming of the sheikh? ?

Get your priorities right VdMH, you half fan. Only joking mate. Lawrence 'of Arabia' will play on the Wing. All the best with the kitchen.

Archived