Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

49 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We've not had all the players until recently. But sure, chopping/changing managers has worked so well for us the last 6 years.

I think he's saying that if we don't start winning games soon then his position will be untenable. Forget the number of managers we've had in recent years, at some point you have to stop and realise that the current regime isn't working and make a change 

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another loss will certainly make Cocus position less tenable although I doubt it would be a final straw despite the fact that he essentially now has his own team in place.

Mel is being remarkably tolerant of your lowly form and league position which probably comes down to two factors...or a combination of both.

A) Mel has faith in him and is determined to see it through.

B)He can't afford to sack him.

Whilst an welcome increase in our players performance is welcome to everyone,if our results don't increase exponentially,I don't see how Mel's support can continue indefinitely.

In theory though,better performance will eventually lead to better results unless the teams around us increase theirs by a greater amount than us!

Interesting times for the neutral fan....

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think he's saying that if we don't start winning games soon then his position will be untenable. Forget the number of managers we've had in recent years, at some point you have to stop and realise that the current regime isn't working and make a change 

He's been saying his position is untenable for so long now, like a broken record. Then he says the below, that he's bought himself some more time (with key players returning) and better performances yet if we lose to relegated PL side Bournemouth then he has to go irrelevant of the factors that might play in such as bad refeereing decisions or small margins. It's just ridiculous. Everyone knew that October was going to be tough when we saw the fixture list with 3 relegated PL teams with stronger squads playing us over 2 weeks. People would've snatched at the points for draws against those teams before the season.

59 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cocu's  bought himself a little bit more time with 2 alright performances, if we loose however irregardless of the performance he has to go imo. No matter how you dress it up 1 win from 8 games would be ducking horrible and unexusable. We have scored 1 open play goal from 7 games, Cocu football doesn't work with our players. 

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Cocu has said Bielik is available for this one...

Must have missed that when I listened to his interview. That's great news for us and Bielik himself. Nice to hear some positive news for a change. I bet Cocu was beginning to think he was jinxed here. I know the thought has crossed my mind. 

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Another loss will certainly make Cocus position less tenable although I doubt it would be a final straw despite the fact that he essentially now has his own team in place.

Mel is being remarkably tolerant of your lowly form and league position which probably comes down to two factors...or a combination of both.

Whilst an welcome increase in our players performance is welcome to everyone,if our results don't increase exponentially,I don't see how Mel's support can continue indefinitely.

In theory though,better performance will eventually lead to better results unless the teams around us increase theirs by a greater amount than us!

No way will a string of bad results suit a group that just bought the Club.

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mel unlikely to sack Cocu if a takeover is imminent. If new owners want Cocu out then that will be quick. If they want the club and a new manager they will have someone in mind already. Eddie Howe for me.

12 hours ago, Rampage said:

Mel unlikely to sack Cocu if a takeover is imminent. If new owners want Cocu out then that will be quick. If they want the club and a new manager they will have someone in mind already. Eddie Howe for me.

Agreed...he's safe for now regardless. But Howe has been criticised for not being able to cope with big name players...

Not really the man for convincing the kind of top name players that will drive us to Champions League football. 

PS yes, I have a burning desire to be reposted and derided on other football team's forums. 

Archived