Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly don’t mind Rooney up front if he’s going to drop in and pick up the ball from midfield. Yes the last few performances have been better but we haven’t won one of those games.

We could still do with some creativity in the middle of the park and hopefully Rooney play false nine will bring that.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I don't like it either.

The only way I can see some logic to it is if Rooney is in midfield and preferabley deep. Even if performances have up turned we lack a degree of control in the middle and haven't been keeping the ball particularly well. Rooney would help with that and hopefully the running of Shinnie and Knight will cover for him.

I'm essentially thinking on how Juventus got the most out of Pirlo in his latter years.

Just let Rooney do what he wants to do. That is obvious to him.

The possible thinking behind Rooneys inclusion could be the perceived notion that he needs a few games to get up to speed. If Cocu sees him as pivotal to his plans then it makes sense to get him back in and up to speed asap. Whilst he hasn't been pulling up trees, I think his performances have gradually been improving, albeit very slightly improving. I hope for his sake and Cocus  he has a good performance today otherwise I fear both will get a mauling on here. 

On 29/10/2020 at 16:58, Nuwtfly said:

Suspect it will be the exact same team that started against Cardiff, with Waghorn moving to the right-hand side to replace the likely injured Jozwiak, and Rooney coming in to play up top.

I reckon I guessed right, here.

Waghorn wider on the right, Lawrence on the left, Rooney up top.

Te Wierik in for Wisdom is interesting. Hope he does well. 

I look forward to the incoming Rooney hat-trick based on all these responses!

I don’t think he will have been sat on his arse for 2 weeks. Being locked in when you have a huge Cheshire mansion with a decent amount of land around it is a bit different from having to isolate in a 5th floor studio flat.

I’m sure he’ll have some fitness equipment at home and the coaches will have helped with a fitness plan and some training drills to do on his own if needed. Hardly likely to have been sat on his arse ordering Deliveroo Maccies for the last 14 days. (Waits to see if his gut is bulging through his shirt at 3pm)

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I reckon I guessed right, here.

Waghorn wider on the right, Lawrence on the left, Rooney up top.

Te Wierik in for Wisdom is interesting. Hope he does well. 

I think Rooney and Wags will switch around being the focal point between them. 

The problem with Rooney’s inclusion is   we don’t have pace up in attack

Rooney bagging today, it’s nailed on. 

Still can’t believe we are watching a living England legend in a Derby shirt, football royalty. The stuff dreams are made of.

Wish we had Jozwiak or Ibe at the other side of him though, but you know Waggy will put a shift in and cover ground.

I can’t understand why people moan that Rooney is starting as it makes perfect sense with Waghorn able to play wide right and if Rooney was available for the Huddersfield game I am sure we would have won that one especially with all those set pieces that Bird blazed miles away from our players 

Dutch mike needs a better performance so hopefully he gets one 

oh yes let’s have Lawrence producing the goods because there will be others waiting for his spot 

come on you Rams 

29 minutes ago, Rampant said:

I didn't even consider Rooney tbh. I thought  I read when the story broke that he was going to miss three games (Forest, Cardiff and this one). 

Huddersfield, Forest and Cardiff are the games he missed.

Unfortunately he is back for this one. I am assuming we aren't allowed to drop him

1 minute ago, David said:

Rooney bagging today, it’s nailed on. 

Still can’t believe we are watching an England legend in a Derby shirt. The stuff dreams are made of.

Wish we had Jozwiak or Ibe at the other side of him though, but you know Waggy will put a shift in and cover ground.

Bobby Charlton is an England legend as well, but i dont dream of him playing for Derby at this stage in his career.

Archived