• Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m more interested in the lineup for the return fixture: 

Marshall 

Upamecano Chiellini Clarke

Byrne Knight Veratti Buchanan 

Joswiak Kane Mane 

Jozwiak. 

Rooney playing up front will affect the way we attack. Cocu is trying to implement a quick, interchanging front 3 which we’ve seen glimpses of last 2 games. All 3 have appeared up top or out wide at points. Rooney doesn’t allow this, as he doesn’t have the legs to play on the wing. His game isn’t built on pressing either, which is what you would ideally have your front man doing.

I can only see Rooney fitting in to this team as a defensive midfielder, which would mean either losing the 3rd CB or splitting up Knight and Shinnie. Don’t mind playing a back 4 but the last few times we played it with Rooney in CM we have been overrun

8 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Rooney playing up front will affect the way we attack. Cocu is trying to implement a quick, interchanging front 3 which we’ve seen glimpses of last 2 games. All 3 have appeared up top or out wide at points. Rooney doesn’t allow this, as he doesn’t have the legs to play on the wing. His game isn’t built on pressing either, which is what you would ideally have your front man doing.

I can only see Rooney fitting in to this team as a defensive midfielder, which would mean either losing the 3rd CB or splitting up Knight and Shinnie. Don’t mind playing a back 4 but the last few times we played it with Rooney in CM we have been overrun

Should be phasing Rooney out imo. Anyway, with all these petro-billions we won't need 32reds paltry cash.?

Well, its 10am in South Hampshire,  persistently raining and my entire day has been boxed off with taking delivery of £14,000 worth of kitchen units and sourcing some new parts for MoodHoover jnrs shower. 

So I am unlikely to be following the rams at all today.....Will @angieram be wearing full purdah in preparation for the coming of the sheikh? ?

Is it too much to ask for one match day build up not to have some crazy DCFC story in the papers that is unrelated to the upcoming fixture?

Its almost as if the actual football is a distraction to the rest of the organisation ?

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

Problem with him in that quarter back position is that the opposition know all they have to do is close him down hard in that left side in front of the CBs he drifts into.

Its pretty easy to press him and render him ineffective!

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Problem with him in that quarter back position is that the opposition know all they have to do is close him down hard in that left side in front of the CBs he drifts into.

Its pretty easy to press him and render him ineffective!

Disagree with that if the movement forward of him is good it becomes difficult to do. If he is in that position the opposition midfield has not tracked him and if you have forward runners a centre back does not want to come out to close the space. 

The forward movement in the last two games would be just what he needs. 

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Disagree with that if the movement forward of him is good it becomes difficult to do. If he is in that position the opposition midfield has not tracked him and if you have forward runners a centre back does not want to come out to close the space. 

The forward movement in the last two games would be just what he needs. 

Depends how much of a threat the opposition see him as being.

instruct your striker to hunt him down in that pocket on the left that he always goes to when you don’t have the ball and you’ll restrict him as he doesn’t have the mobility escape a press, his footballing intelligence will get him away from it a few times but would it be enough to warrant his inclusion?

For me it’s a no!

20 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I never thought we'd get to a situation where we would be bemoaning the option of bringing Wayne Rooney into the team. Anyhow I'm now looking forward to arguing that Messi and Ronaldo in the same team doesn't work. 

Messi just blocks Sibleys pathway to the first team.

Short term thinking....?

21 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I never thought we'd get to a situation where we would be bemoaning the option of bringing Wayne Rooney into the team. Anyhow I'm now looking forward to arguing that Messi and Ronaldo in the same team doesn't work. 

it's a tough one, messi will be a good option off the bench. 

1 minute ago, GeoffDerby said:

Any suggestions where we can watch the match, it’s away so we can’t use rams tv and I can’t see it’s on sky’s red button.  Thanks in advance for your recommendations.  Rtid 

Sky red button is only for midweek games...

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well, its 10am in South Hampshire,  persistently raining and my entire day has been boxed off with taking delivery of £14,000 worth of kitchen units and sourcing some new parts for MoodHoover jnrs shower. 

So I am unlikely to be following the rams at all today.....Will @angieram be wearing full purdah in preparation for the coming of the sheikh? ?

Maybe 40 years ago. 

8ca4f6a24289f332b0407ea8974cb77c.jpg

Oh, wait.......

4 minutes ago, GeoffDerby said:

Any suggestions where we can watch the match, it’s away so we can’t use rams tv and I can’t see it’s on sky’s red button.  Thanks in advance for your recommendations.  Rtid 

Its on RamsTV. You have to pay for it, but you can still watch it.

Archived