Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I wonder if we're going to see Rooney come in up top, with waggy wide right and Lawrence left.

Bournemouth are not brilliant, but they have been somewhat thuggish. So expect our gallant lads to get a hoofing......?

Another?

Is this the game Rooney's out of isolation for? If so, he might as well be first name on the team sheet like it or not (in my case not). I'd put him at CDM though as I think that's where he'd influence the game most (and Waggy has had a good couple of games up front). I'd go with this:

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan
Rooney
Jozwiak, Knight, Shinnie, Lawrence
Waghorn

We're getting better... but Bournemouth are playing well and haven't lost yet. I reckon we'll give it a good go, but end up with a narrow defeat. 1-0 Bournemouth.

Marshall

Te Wierik Davies Clarke

Byrne Sibley Shinnie Buchanan 

Holmes Waghorn Lawrence 

Assuming Jozwiak is injured, and Rooney isn’t fit enough to start yet. The fit again Marshall obviously returns in goal. Then I’d give Te Weirik another chance in at CB for Wisdom, who’s concentration levels haven’t been there this season. Thought Knight struggled to get in the game the other night as well, so with the quick turnaround, I’d give him a rest and have a look what Sibley can do in this formation. I’d like to rest Byrne as well since he’s playing pretty much every minute so far, but we’ve got no real other options there. Shame Ibe isn’t fit enough yet to come in for Jozwiak, Holmes is probably our only other option there.

I’m not hopeful. But if we lose, I won’t have a paddy or tantrum. I’ll reflect on the fact that we’ve played a relegated PL team away from home. Far from an easy task to go there and get a result. Context is everything.

I just hope we go there and play on the front foot and that we keep steadily moving in the right direction performance-wise.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I’m not hopeful. But if we lose, I won’t have a paddy or tantrum. I’ll reflect on the fact that we’ve played a relegated PL team away from home. Far from an easy task to go there and get a result. Context is everything.

I just hope we go there and play on the front foot and that we keep steadily moving in the right direction performance-wise.

If we lose,are we going in the right direction performance wise?

57 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we lose,are we going in the right direction performance wise?

You can play well and lose. You can play poorly and win. Bournemouth are a decent side. Losing to them won’t be the end of the world and if we go down fighting then I won’t be too disappointed. Not a difficult concept surely?

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Steele

Palmer

Buckley

Burns

Powell

hooks

Taylor

Richardson

Robertson

Wilson

Davison

That is what Bournemouth away will always mean to me. We took 74,000 down there if I remember correctly. Those were the days when our away support rivalled Leeds of course. This weekend’s sterile affair holds little interest in comparison. 

I didn't think their ground was that big tbh.

I fear Joswiak will be out.

Wisdom has been at fault for the last two goals conceded.

Rooney may not be back.

So....

Marshall

TeWierik.    Davies.    Clarke

Byrne.   Knight.   Shinnie.  Buchanan

Waggy Kazim-Richards. Lawrence

13 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Suspect it will be the exact same team that started against Cardiff, with Waghorn moving to the right-hand side to replace the likely injured Jozwiak, and Rooney coming in to play up top.

Not sure I want Rooney replacing waghorn in the middle , apart from the goal waghorn was very important against Cardiff with his work rate and legs , he closed Cardiff defender s down and forced many mistakes that kept us on the front foot , in fact the front three of him ,loz and jowi were really good defending from the front ,interchanging and bags of energy 

Archived