Will Hughes

ViewsFromTheMiddle

36 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

From the interviews I've seen from both, I also get the impression that Mount was absolutely desperate to reach the very top of the game from a young age. Worked extremely hard and made a lot of sacrifices to get there.

Hughes, on the other hand, just seems very happy with the fact that he's playing a game he enjoys and earning very good money from it. Good for him. Absolutely no problem with it.

Could be completely wrong, but that's the sense I get.

Everyone seems to be writing him off, but at the end of the day, he’s playing for a premier league team, earning premier league wages. What more can you ask for?

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Everyone seems to be writing him off, but at the end of the day, he’s playing for a premier league team, earning premier league wages. What more can you ask for?

That's what I think his attitude is. He seems very grateful to be in the position he is. Fair play to him.

Plus, you don't have to be at the very top and winning loads of trophies to have a career that you can be proud of.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's what I think his attitude is. He seems very grateful to be in the position he is. Fair play to him.

Plus, you don't have to be at the very top and winning loads of trophies to have a career that you can be proud of.

Robbie savage is proof of that. 

• 8 months later...
58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't get to play regularly and they seem to prefer him as a defensive player. I guess it shows how easy it is to move to the wrong team for your development.

Watford to Palace looked a good move, he was used defensively at Watford too. He’s just probably not ticking the boxes for Vieira. Can see him on the move in the summer. Will be in his final year then.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Watford to Palace looked a good move, he was used defensively at Watford too. He’s just probably not ticking the boxes for Vieira. Can see him on the move in the summer. Will be in his final year then.

Maybe that was part of why he moved and it didn't change, he's not a defensive player really.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't get to play regularly and they seem to prefer him as a defensive player. I guess it shows how easy it is to move to the wrong team for your development.

Not every deep midfielder is a defensive one. 

His best position, just like Bird's, is as a deep lying playmaker. IMO

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Looked pretty poor tonight. He should be in his prime but he's fallen to the level of bit part player at a nothing club. His second nothing club since leaving Derby.

Interestingly on the BBC website, viewers have given him the 2nd highest performance ranking for his team behind Olise.

9 hours ago, sage said:

Interestingly on the BBC website, viewers have given him the 2nd highest performance ranking for his team behind Olise.

Interestingly on the Palarse site he doesn't feature on the match report stats.

image.png.42aa208d1fb5c7017b01f89b900a98e9.png

I hope he's happy at Palarse, but he doesn't look half the player he did when he was here - and yes I understand he's playing at a different level.

To be honest I’m not sure whether Hughes, or Bryson to that fact, we’re ever quite the same layer after those big injuries in Clement’s season.

Loads of reasons as to why it could have been, poor management in signing too many players in one position, poor recovery due to being rushed back or it’s just what can happen with long term injuries

Hughes has become a dependable prem midfielder, which is excellent all things considered, but he always could have been so much more.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Interestingly on the Palarse site he doesn't feature on the match report stats.

image.png.42aa208d1fb5c7017b01f89b900a98e9.png

I hope he's happy at Palarse, but he doesn't look half the player he did when he was here - and yes I understand he's playing at a different level.

Because they're stats which are hand picked. Hughes could have been 2nd best in all of those.