Back Cocu

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m still backing Cocu as well, at least for the time being. Think you might be preaching to the wrong crowd though. From what I’ve seen, there are those at the club who might need to “back Cocu” a bit more. The poor bloke has been asking for a striker since January and all he got was Colin Kazim-Richards! I remember an article when he first joined saying he was promised a “promotion capable squad”. Cocu was sold more of a dud than we were when we bought Jozefzoon from Brentford!?

I’m still with Cocu.  I’ve said in other threads that I think he’s the first manager since Nigel to have the long term interests at heart.  That inevitably means we’re going to have some rough times along the way but I do believe that we’ll be better for it.  We could have gone up under recent managers, notably Rowett and Lampard but we wouldn’t have been ready.  One left us with an ageing squad and the other reliant on loans so a rebuild would have been needed again.  I think with Cocu’s approach we’ll be ready and have a squad better placed to stay there.

That doesn’t mean I’m happy with 21st and two goals scored.  Of course I’m not but let’s get our full strength strike force on the pitch before jumping to judgements.  And for a sustained period, not just a few games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.....Hello......It's good to be...back.......It's good to be....back!

Build from the back with plenty of practice in defending and keeping faith with the players picked for each game.

Looking forward to seeing both the Polish lads on the pitch and Ibe back and adding more attacking options and watching the Rams gain more positive results. The players are backed by Phillip Cocu and better decision making, passing from the players will have the Rams back where we deserve to be.

Back Mel Morris

Back Phillip Cocu

Back the Team

Back Derby County Football Club.

On 19/10/2020 at 18:04, Mucker1884 said:

I have occasionally considered batting for the other side in recent months, but haven't done anything about it as yet.

I don’t know anymore. If we end up in bottom three then it would be a mistake to keep him. But don’t have crystal ball  - only have a sad looking league table and results to look at. 

In life we sometimes have to go backwards to go forwards, sometimes we have to take the long way round, sometimes our faith & loyalty, our friendships, our relationships, our work, our health, our philosophies are tested but we find out through patience, belief, respect and understanding who our real friends are and in difficult times we work out together how we can galvanize and come together through love and support and remain loyal to the things in life we love and we achieve and become winners forever.

I love Phillip Cocu and I think @Elgin_Ramdoes too. Anybody else?

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

In life we sometimes have to go backwards to go forwards, sometimes we have to take the long way round, sometimes our faith & loyalty, our friendships, our relationships, our work, our health, our philosophies are tested but we find out through patience, belief, respect and understanding who our real friends are and in difficult times we work out together how we can galvanize and come together through love and support and remain loyal to the things in life we love and we achieve and become winners forever.

I'm sorry @Inverurie Ram, but I think that you're in the wrong place. You won't be finding many Cocu supporters on this forum. I really like the guy, he's had the most horrendous luck. However there comes a time when you have to bite the bullet. Yes most are prepared to take a step back to eventually move forwards, but you will find very few prepared to see a team that has been fighting for promotion for five or six seasons take a sudden step backwards into the third division.

I packed away my tent, put out the fire and started on the path out of camp yesterday. I have been part of the Cocu in camp, and determined to show loyalty. But our club is sinking fast, and sadly the manager isn’t showing signs of turning things around. This is not knee jerk, it’s a sad reality now. Change needed

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I like the guy and recognise the ?deal he has been dealt. I was all for the 4 year plan and realised that things would be tough but going down to League 1 was not part of the plan. He will go with my best wishes, he genuinely seems a decent guy but bottom of the table this season after five defeats out of six at the end of last season is just not good enough.

On 19/10/2020 at 19:11, Millenniumram said:

I’m still backing Cocu as well, at least for the time being. Think you might be preaching to the wrong crowd though. From what I’ve seen, there are those at the club who might need to “back Cocu” a bit more. The poor bloke has been asking for a striker since January and all he got was Colin Kazim-Richards! I remember an article when he first joined saying he was promised a “promotion capable squad”. Cocu was sold more of a dud than we were when we bought Jozefzoon from Brentford!?

You assume Cocu had no say in recruitment. 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think MM has a massive decision to make

It's an easy decision though, we're bottom of the second tier. His position is untenable.

I said weeks ago that there comes a point where the long term vision goes out the window because actually the performances and results are unacceptable without any improvement. 

Cocu will not be able to turn this around, something was wrong even before the season started. The statistics are damning. We need fresh ideas and inspiration fast. Now is the perfect time to find that.

It's never been about Cocu 'the man'. He seems a really decent, likeable bloke. Anyone with any compassion at all really feels for him.

BUT his job is as manager of Derby County and it is quite clear he can't (for whatever reason if that makes people happy) do the job. To save the club from being relegated he has to go. 

I wish I believed he realised he wasn't the right man for the job, that would make it easier.

Archived