Back Cocu

Inverurie Ram

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I’m conflicted on this. 

I so want it to work for him and all the chatter is making me doubt my conviction for him. 

I think MM has a massive decision to make 

Agree, Mel has one final play to make as Chairman and Owner of DCFC and we all know what that is, as I’m sure does Mel. ???

So wanted Cocu to lead us back to glory days but sadly we are barking up the wrong tree and Mel is daft, I am confident he knows what must be done. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Agree, Mel has one final play to make as Chairman and Owner of DCFC and we all know what that is, as I’m sure does Mel. ???

So wanted Cocu to lead us back to glory days but sadly we are barking up the wrong tree and Mel is daft, I am confident he knows what must be done. 

Should’ve said “Mel isn’t daft” ???‍♂️??

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

In life we sometimes have to go backwards to go forwards, sometimes we have to take the long way round, sometimes our faith & loyalty, our friendships, our relationships, our work, our health, our philosophies are tested but we find out through patience, belief, respect and understanding who our real friends are and in difficult times we work out together how we can galvanize and come together through love and support and remain loyal to the things in life we love and we achieve and become winners forever.

I love Phillip Cocu and I think @Elgin_Ramdoes too. Anybody else?

I’m still in?, getting rid of Cocu is a short term fix to a long term problem. Been there, done that 

I suppose it amounts to are you prepared to go down? Because that may happen. If you are then we should keep him if not he has to go, although I actually think it’s the coaches who are more the problem. What has Liam Rosenior ever achieved as a coach? Has Shay Given improved Roos? How does he coach a Scottish international? I can’t believe he tells him where to stand for crosses etc. 

With the salary cap in League 1 now relegation would be a bigger disaster even than it used to be. We would need to have a fire sale of anyone on big wages and we’d have to play the under 23s with those players that have broken into the first team squad. Could they cope with the rough and tumble of League 1?

Leicester and Wolves got out of there quickly but then you look at Leeds Forest Sheff United, now Sunderland. All big clubs and it took them years.

We can cope with consolidation and even a relegation scrap which is a massive underachievement this season, but we can’t go down.

I don't know how I feel anymore - about anything, not just Cocu ? 

I have argued fiercely for Cocu in.

I think the whole project could have worked, would have worked but too much has gone against it.

I also think there's an underlying problem within the club that is beyond Cocu's control. I'm not sure what it is. I don't think Rooney's presence helps either but I think it's more than just that.

Anyhow, I'm now of the mind that Cocu's position is untenable. That only a change of manager will give a fresh impetus (oh boy, yet another new start).

I'm incredibly sad about that. I think Cocu's strategy, if not constrained, would have given us long term success - and much needed stability.

Now, it seems we're going for the short term cash injection, buy our way to a short lived but, nevertheless, exciting lift.

I hope we enjoy the ride and that it doesn't come back to bite us.

If we are changing managers, it's a time I dread the most, I don't get excited about who we might get, I worry enormously about who we might get.

COYR ?

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I don't know how I feel anymore - about anything, not just Cocu ? 

I have argued fiercely for Cocu in.

I think the whole project could have worked, would have worked but too much has gone against it.

I also think there's an underlying problem within the club that is beyond Cocu's control. I'm not sure what it is. I don't think Rooney's presence helps either but I think it's more than just that.

Anyhow, I'm now of the mind that Cocu's position is untenable. That only a change of manager will give a fresh impetus (oh boy, yet another new start).

I'm incredibly sad about that. I think Cocu's strategy, if not constrained, would have given us long term success - and much needed stability.

Now, it seems we're going for the short term cash injection, buy our way to a short lived but, nevertheless, exciting lift.

I hope we enjoy the ride and that it doesn't come back to bite us.

If we are changing managers, it's a time I dread the most, I don't get excited about who we might get, I worry enormously about who we might get.

COYR ?

FFP is a massive problem in getting rid of Cocu. 

Your post is how i feel mate 

Its getting to the point where even if you think Cocu is a long term solution you have to look at the short term because we are rock bottom with -11 GD and 6 points behind 20th place.

There is no way excuses can cover Cocu for the complete mess we've made this season. He can not possibly blame bad luck for this. 

I'm sure Wycombe's manager would swap squads and not mind at all if Martyn Waghorn was injured

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Its getting to the point where even if you think Cocu is a long term solution you have to look at the short term because we are rock bottom with -11 GD and 6 points behind 20th place.

There is no way excuses can cover Cocu for the complete mess we've made this season. He can not possibly blame bad luck for this. 

I'm sure Wycombe's manager would swap squads and not mind at all if Martyn Waghorn was injured

How do you get around FFP if you sack him. 

I agree he has to go.  

For me the players need to look at themselves also. 

They have no pride IMO 

24 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

There is only one constant in the club (bar Fozzy) from the Clough Jnr days and that is Mel.

How can anyone back Cocu with his current record? It isn’t just this season. The rot set in at the tail end of last season. If you combine the two then he should of been sacked ages ago.

People will argue and cite Ferguson at Man Utd but the difference was Ferguson wasn’t in a relegation battle and bottom of the table. They wanted him sacked because they were not challenging for the title as expected. Clough famously finished a position lower in his first season but the next season saw us massively improve.

The result and performance against QPR was bad and we should have seen a reaction against Barnsley but we didn’t. So when will we see a reaction? You can argue he has brought in his own players this pre-season and it hasn’t changed anything for the better. He brought in MTW as the Keogh replacement and it hasn’t been an instant success. There are lot of clubs who would of liked a Polish international winger for a couple of million. I again cite George Burley who had duck all money but found Rasiak, Idiakez, Smith, Bisgaard and Reich.

Cocu in reality has spent over £10 million on two Polish internationals. Plus Ibe whose wages won’t be cheap.

I have argued for patience and if we were a steady mid table team this season then he has time and shouldn’t be sacked. This hasn’t happened. We are bottom with no wins at home, have barely scored from open play and now have a mindset that a 1 - 1 draw is a good result after leading for the majority of those games.

I firmly believe that if Cocu stays then we will be in league one next season. I don’t believe he will stay in anyway case. I believe the takeover goes through this week. He will get sacked as they will want their own choice and all this debating will be null and void.

There is a strong chance the above will happen, they will install their own man who will see us to mid table before a substantial investment in January and the summer to improve the squad.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There is only one constant in the club (bar Fozzy) from the Clough Jnr days and that is Mel.

I honestly believe there has to be a bigger reason we have fallen short. I don't believe we have created a winning mentality. I also believe we have made this club very cosy for players. It all has to change.

I also wonder if the recent player meeting hasn't exposed this issue. I thought at the time it could only be a good thing, but it now looks like the players got their way, but didn't actually earn it through results. Which left Cocu high and dry.

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I honestly believe there has to be a bigger reason we have fallen short. I don't believe we have created a winning mentality. I also believe we have made this club very cosy for players. It all has to change.

I also wonder if the recent player meeting hasn't exposed this issue. I thought at the time it could only be a good thing, but it now looks like the players got their way, but didn't actually earn it through results. Which left Cocu high and dry.

Who do you think should create the winning mentality? We gone through various managers and numerous players, only Mel is the same.

54 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The underlying problem is that we have a significantly weaker squad than what we've had over recent seasons. Seriously, just look right the way through it. And that's Mel's responsibility, it's his job to keep the first team competitive and supply the manager with players. He has run out of money and hence changed the remit to 'let's bring through academy players.'

Lampards team had two senior players in every position. And then we had the likes of injured Davies and Forsyth on top of that. Then you have the academy players on the side.

This team we have currently has too much inexperience in it. Davies and Forsyth are not going to get you out this league any more. Big question marks over the likes of Ibe and Te Wierik. Evans not good enough. Seriously where are the good players? 

The team should be doing a lot better than it is, well clear of the bottom three and I think a new manager will do that for us. But this team is just not good enough for where Derby needs to be because of this regime Mel has put in place. He should have sold up after the playoff final, that was the time for fresh ideas.

Archived