Back Cocu

Inverurie Ram

As it seems ok and acceptable to some of our supporters to suggest to Sack Cocu, but not ok and acceptable for me to suggest to Sack a Fan for creating such, with my thread being removed. I wonder in this world of so called equality, if this positive post will remain, to Back Cocu?

A man I believe that is building a team, a squad that will succeed, who is building our players to play football that will spring into life with an organised, controlled, possession style of football with a greater attacking approach when he believes we are solid and hard to break down at the back, and I believe we will see us progress in a positive and healthy manner under a successful long term plan.

The great business in selling JB and ML and replacing them well, with players that will help push this team further forward when other players return to create his team, that he had to rebuild and is rebuilding to achieve levels we have not reached in a very long time.

Do fans have so little faith thesedays?.......Do we have to judge people so quickly?.......Do we have to jump to conclusions without all the facts?......Do we have to keep changing the rules of the game, that don't need changing? (offsides, penalties, VAR etc) 

If anyone can suggest sacking someone surely that includes everyone involved, therefore can Cocu suggest folk on here to be sacked?

Anyway I think @RadioactiveWastemight get my drift and if we build together I believe we could all be part of something special worth building, but if those that want to keep knocking down what some of us want to build well it's unfortunately going to take longer!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm in too. He's earned a season with his team on the pitch, at very least. If that doesn't work out then perhaps it is back to the drawing board.

Anyway, time will tell but assuming he is given the chance, he's quite likely to have the last laugh and will most certainly do so with a deal more class than a good number of his detractors.

I agree that to have multiple posts springing up all the time saying the same thing is totally gratuitous and unnecessary and can understand why fans on here would get rightly annoyed by that. I also agree that the play on names with him being a circus performer is just childish and puerile and insulting ultimately. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I agree that to have multiple posts springing up all the time saying the same thing is totally gratuitous and unnecessary and can understand why fans on here would get rightly annoyed by that. I also agree that the play on names with him being a circus performer is just childish and puerile and insulting ultimately. 

Fully agree but it's a fair bit worse than that at times. He was labelled a 'duckwit' and a 'stupid Dutch Bamford' on here a couple of days back by some Twatter refugee. 'Poo' and a 'clown' seem almost respectful terms by comparison, although, of course, they are not. 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fully agree but it's a fair bit worse than that at times. He was labelled a 'duckwit' and a 'stupid Dutch Bamford' on here a couple of days back by some Twatter refugee. 'Poo' and a 'clown' seem almost respectful terms by comparison, although, of course, they are not. 

Yes totally agree I always thought that it was an indictment of an individuals limited vocabulary that they had to use expletives to support their point or reinforce what they are trying to convey. You're correct that this is in part an overspill from Twitter where it seems you have to burn a persons house down before you get considered for a ban. 

I don't agree sometimes with the decisions Cocu has made but he never struck me as a supine incompetent and shouldn't be treated as such. 

I love the sentiment of the thread, but if Cocu was showing enough signs that he was the right man for the job, threads like this wouldn’t be needed.

Derby fans are very opinionated but when they see something’s cooking, they’ll get right behind it without a moment’s hesitation.

It only took a few weeks for a large section of Derby fans to backtrack and admit they were wrong about McClaren - myself included - and start going to the barber’s to work on a hair island of their own.

At the end of the day, the best way to get backing from supporters and the best way to earn time is by winning football matches and lifting spirits and uniting the fan base. Right now the mood is extremely low and the fan base is fractured.

Yes, Cocu carries himself well and is very much someone you would describe as genteel, but it’s not Miss Universe he is competing in, it’s the Championship. You don’t get extra points on the board for being a nice, well-presented chap.

One thing I don’t understand is the suggestion that our very own fans are wanting him to fail or taking pleasure from our plight. I really don’t think that’s the case.

If we win on Tuesday, everyone will be delighted. If we win on Saturday too, everyone will be delighted. 

We are all Derby fans and we all want what’s best for the club. The opinions are different, but the objectives are the same. I think many people are starting to lose sight of that.

59 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I love the sentiment of the thread, but if Cocu was showing enough signs that he was the right man for the job, threads like this wouldn’t be needed.

Derby fans are very opinionated but when they see something’s cooking, they’ll get right behind it without a moment’s hesitation.

It only took a few weeks for a large section of Derby fans to backtrack and admit they were wrong about McClaren - myself included - and start going to the barber’s to work on a hair island of their own.

At the end of the day, the best way to get backing from supporters and the best way to earn time is by winning football matches and lifting spirits and uniting the fan base. Right now the mood is extremely low and the fan base is fractured.

Yes, Cocu carries himself well and is very much someone you would describe as genteel, but it’s not Miss Universe he is competing in, it’s the Championship. You don’t get extra points on the board for being a nice, well-presented chap.

One thing I don’t understand is the suggestion that our very own fans are wanting him to fail or taking pleasure from our plight. I really don’t think that’s the case.

If we win on Tuesday, everyone will be delighted. If we win on Saturday too, everyone will be delighted. 

We are all Derby fans and we all want what’s best for the club. The opinions are different, but the objectives are the same. I think many people are starting to lose sight of that.

You're imagining it. I don't think anyone is saying that folks want the club to fail. I think folks are fed up with crass posts such as the one to which I have already alluded. It's as simple and attempts to portray it differently only serve to maintain the divide. As for folk coming around, we saw folk begrudgingly change their opinions last season and we'll see it again. Nothing new there.

8 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

He deals with everything in calm classy manner. Shame some of our fans can’t do the same. 

Deserves the rest of the season. 

At least till Christmas to see how the results are going if we don't start picking up points then it might have to look at a change 

I back Cocu 100%, but the fans the OP is arguing against here ultimately wouldn't be calling for him to be sacked if they were seeing something different on the pitch.

Performances need to improve! 

Let's not forget that you can back a manager but also rightfully call out poor football/decision making when it happens ??

Football managers rarely achieve universal acclaim. A few defeats, a few mistakes, and the knives are out.
I can understand the squeals after Blackburn 0-4 but I can’t understand the bed wetting after Watford 0-1

I’m just not feeling the urge to throw the toys about.

Stay Calm and carry on

(unfortunately we’re the sort of club where you have to watch your back Phillip) 

7 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You're imagining it. I don't think anyone is saying that folks want the club to fail. I think folks are fed up with crass posts such as the one to which I have already alluded. It's as simple and attempts to portray it differently only serve to maintain the divide. As for folk coming around, we saw folk begrudgingly change their opinions last season and we'll see it again. Nothing new there.

I think a few good performances, even defeats but with attacking football (some shots on target etc) may see a few change their minds, me included. 

Really need to give some the three years to make it work.

But I’ve got no issue if people think it’s crap and don’t like it and they should be allowed to say it.

If I see a post I don’t like for whatever reason I’ll move on.

My biggest worry is that the players aren’t happy with something?

7 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You're imagining it. I don't think anyone is saying that folks want the club to fail.

I wish I was. There are plenty of posts to this effect. 

Immediately after we beat Norwich, someone quoted me asking “Did you enjoy that?”

Someone also said to me on a different thread “When we win the next five, you’re not allowed to celebrate.”

Even look at your post just now where you have suggested Cocu will have the last laugh over fans of this club.

The last laugh? Cocu is not out to prove Derek from Ripley wrong and make our own fans look foolish. I would be worried if he was. 

Any success Cocu has will be welcomed by one and all, irrespective of their views, so I just don’t agree with positioning other fans of the club as ‘the bad guys‘ because they feel differently about our prospects under Cocu.

We just want to watch exciting, winning football. If Cocu delivers that, all the naysayers will be dancing like John Travolta in their living rooms.

It’s not about being right or wrong, it’s wanting the best for the club. If Cocu shows that he is the guy to deliver that, fantastic!

Archived