Sack cocu

dantheram

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney was missing early doors. I think it's more to do with losing belief when it doesn't get better. And even when it gets a bit better he changes it again...

Could be. So far I make it we've played 433 343 and 4231. The only constant appears to be that teams can exploit the weaknesses we have in each system remarkably easily.... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought....

How would people feel if we had to spend the Jan & Summer transfer kitty to get rid of Cocu? - if the reported contract numbers are to be believed.

Stick with Cocu with an improved attack or new manager with nothing but the current squad......?

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

When it comes to the players, just look at the performances in the two most recent games. Do those performances reflect a group of players up for the fight and rallying behind the manager? These were the perfect games - against two teams in the bottom half and without a win away from home - for the players to bounce back and there was nothing to hide behind.

Contrast those two performances to the ones we saw in late December and early January v Charlton and Barnsley last season and the difference is night and day when it comes to showing some fight, some spirit and displaying a united front.

I would also encourage you to watch the recent post game interviews with Byrne and Waghorn to get a sense of the mood of the players. Listen to their responses, observe their body language, and you can see something is clearly not right.

When it comes to Mel, if the media is to be believed, it’s only the club’s financial situation that has stopped him making a decision. And given Mel’s past, do you expect him to be satisfied at seeing the club at the very bottom of the table?

I wish it was fiction and everything was rosy behind the scenes. But look at how things have been since July - results, performances and everything else associated with the club - none of it suggests that this is merely a poor run of form and we have to be patient and see it out.

Thanks for the reply buddy. Been out tonight, and will try to fish out the Waghorn & Byrne vids tomorrow. Rarely watch player stuff.  Catch-up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I haven't seen a poor Martin performance.

I didn't see a bad bielik performance on Saturday either,what I did see was a poorly managed team unable to play to its teams strengths.

Bielik will be great once he has a decent manager looking after him,as will the rest of the squad.

KiaU2EUyxjQB2.gif

I’ll be back tomorrow Kash, and friends. Never seen a poor Martin performance you say ......

Jennifer Aniston Nodding GIF

9 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Just a thought....

How would people feel if we had to spend the Jan & Summer transfer kitty to get rid of Cocu? - if the reported contract numbers are to be believed.

Stick with Cocu with an improved attack or new manager with nothing but the current squad......?

This is the dilemma but hey the bandwagon is on the roll 

22 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Just a thought....

It's a tricky question because it largely depends on how likely it is you think Cocu is to turn it around and how quickly. 

There is enough ability in the squad to score plenty that's for sure. Lawrence and Jozwiak have scored double figures from wide before, Waghorn is capable of 15 down the middle, Knight and Sibley are both capable of double figures and Rooney will likely get most of the way off the back of set pieces. And that's without including Ibe or any upcoming u23s.

The main issue we have now is we increasingly look like we don't know what to do any more and that confidence is tanking. That can be very very hard to turn around without a fresh face.

It's possible Cocu could turn it around, managers in worse positions with worse squads have overcome worse odds. Hell we even showed we are capable of the kind of form we'd need at the back end of last season. But honestly the last couple games really concern me mostly because we repeating lessons we should have already learned by now.

The only way i see him overcoming it is being extremely bold against and essentially hoping it clicks for the talented academy lads with the likes of Bielik and Ibe sprinkled in.

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It's a tricky question because it largely depends on how likely it is you think Cocu is to turn it around and how quickly. 

There is enough ability in the squad to score plenty that's for sure. Lawrence and Jozwiak have scored double figures from wide before, Waghorn is capable of 15 down the middle, Knight and Sibley are both capable of double figures and Rooney will likely get most of the way off the back of set pieces. And that's without including Ibe or any upcoming u23s.

The main issue we have now is we increasingly look like we don't know what to do any more and that confidence is tanking. That can be very very hard to turn around without a fresh face.

It's possible Cocu could turn it around, managers in worse positions with worse squads have overcome worse odds. Hell we even showed we are capable of the kind of form we'd need at the back end of last season. But honestly the last couple games really concern me mostly because we repeating lessons we should have already learned by now.

The only way i see him overcoming it is being extremely bold against and essentially hoping it clicks for the talented academy lads with the likes of Bielik and Ibe sprinkled in.

Didn't joswiak score 15 goals in over 100 games for posnan?

57 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Bold statement. A new manager will have this same squad performing will they. Let’s just see. No point in carrying on with my reasons why he should stay because you’ve convinced me that someone will come in and turn it around. Within two games probably.

*said new manager should also have to shop in the bargain bin and make do + have players who’s contract insists they play regardless of performance*

Well, we have lost seven in 11 and won just one. A new manager won’t have to do much to improve on what Cocu is currently achieving, will they?

Anyone who accepts this job will know what parameters they would be working to. How many clubs have a better budget than us? Not 23 clubs, that’s for sure. Shopping for bargains and making do is the reality for 80% of the division, maybe more. 

The squad is not the problem. Look at Luton and Millwall in the top half and tell me they have sensational squads in comparison to us.

I am not looking for reasons why he should stay. If there were reasons, they would be clear to see and identify all on my own. Don’t you think if it was down to the players that more would be shifting the blame to them? It’s very telling that so many fans who were Cocu in just a short time ago have now left his side.

I was just interested to know what exactly makes this a weak squad. Please can you pinpoint the players that are so poor?

I think this team should be 10-12th. Possibly higher with a very good manager. But there’s no way we should be bottom of the league. The fact we are should set alarm bells ringing. That it isn’t for you is a mystery.

I am not saying a new manager will turn it around in two games. But 10-11 games down the line, I don’t think we would be bottom of the league or picking up 0.5 points a game, that’s for sure. The bar is that low right now.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Do those performances reflect a group of players up for the fight and rallying behind the manager?

I thought we played well against Forest and in spells in games we have played well and even the second half on saturday was much better than the first.....I beleive a decent striker or two would make a massive difference.

The signing of Kazim Richards was alarm bells for some including myself....we are either totally skint or he is a stop gap to who we really want in Jan, but no doubt some just wanted us to sign our 4th or 5th choice maybe and end up with yet more players we have to get rid of....we have wasted so much money on dross like Anya,Butterfield and Blackman to name 3 and yet our business has been brilliant in the last window.....except....we did not get the striker or strikers we needed so there is more to this than we know like perhaps some investment to enable Cocu to get a couple of game changers in in Jan who knows.

For Once our recruitment seemed spot on except the all important strikers we require so maybe Cocu was told wait until Jan and will have those players,but if anyone thinks Cocu is to blame for not bringing in the players he wanted then thats total nonsense......of those cacking themselves on here...we will not go down....its november and a long way to go....

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

I thought we played well against Forest and in spells in games we have played well and even the second half on saturday was much better than the first.....I beleive a decent striker or two would make a massive difference.

That's often the impression you get when you watch teams that have been newly promoted that you know are on their way back down. No consistency, good spells, seem a bit unlucky, if only they had...

13 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Just a thought....

It is a far from ideal situation, but I still think Cocu should be sacked. Even with no new additions, a good manager should be able to get good results with a frontline from Waghorn, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ibe, Rooney, Sibley, Marriott, Whittaker, CKR, JHI and Stretton.

The key to success has always been stability. The sooner we bring in a new manager, the sooner he can assess the squad and decide what changes he wants to make in the summer.

Sticking with Cocu is a greater risk than twisting. We know what we’re getting with Phil now - toothless, leaky, possession based football.

Archived