Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have given Cocu another 5 games to turn it around personally. If we're going to commit to a project as fully as we have done with Cocu we need to think very long and very hard before we get rid. As we're likely not just getting rid of Cocu but changing the whole style of play with him. I don't think 10 games out of a 46 game season is quite enough to judge exactly what we're likely to do. But now we've got rid of him we need to make an appointment that makes sense and builds on the ethos of using the academy and youth whilst maintaining results and an attractive style of play. Not just get someone in who can get us out of the bottom three for the season. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

I'd have given Cocu another 5 games to turn it around personally. If we're going to commit to a project as fully as we have done with Cocu we need to think very long and very hard before we get rid. As we're likely not just getting rid of Cocu but changing the whole style of play with him. I don't think 10 games out of a 46 game season is quite enough to judge exactly what we're likely to do. But now we've got rid of him we need to make an appointment that makes sense and builds on the ethos of using the academy and youth whilst maintaining results and an attractive style of play. Not just get someone in who can get us out of the bottom three for the season. 

perhaps had at least given him a striker or two might've helped...but some of his decisions were odd but I do think he brought on players like Buchanan,Sibley,Knight and Bird, I just hope we dont stick with Rooney 

Just now, S8TY said:

perhaps had at least given him a striker or two might've helped...but some of his decisions were odd but I do think he brought on players like Buchanan,Sibley,Knight and Bird, I just hope we dont stick with Rooney 

If we decide to go with Rooney then we're stuffed I reckon. I don't trust someone who can't even identify his best position on the pitch, he's out there week after week wandering round like a 3rd rate Paul Scholes as opposed to doing what he does best.. sticking the ball in the goal. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

If we decide to go with Rooney then we're stuffed I reckon. I don't trust someone who can't even identify his best position on the pitch, he's out there week after week wandering round like a 3rd rate Paul Scholes as opposed to doing what he does best.. sticking the ball in the goal. 

Rooney has been a great player but all the rams fans i speak to basically don't want him as manager...its a strange one and hard to explain but I really don't want him as boss either

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Rooney has been a great player but all the rams fans i speak to basically don't want him as manager...its a strange one and hard to explain but I really don't want him as boss either

Great players don't always make great managers. He's not been great whilst he's been here for the most part. For me, his determination over the past few years to play in a position that doesn't cater to his natural abilities is exactly why I'm thinking 'I'd rather get a hoofer like Pulis in than let him loose'

In a nutshell, Cocu was a world class player and proved at PSV he was a world class manager.

He came to Derby and we gave him absolute poo to work with, it cant be overstated just how absolutely awfully our 'recruitment team' operated while he was here.

Phil has a style, 1 way of playing, the fact Mel recruited him knowing this and then giving him Hamer, Dowell and Paterson is absolutely laughable.

I believe Cocu could have turned it around give a season or 2, but a core of players have clearly not bought into his style of play and I honestly dont think he could do anything now and relegation beckoned. 

Phil is a good manager and will go and get a job in Holland and prove himself again, unfortunately he inherited an absolute car crash of a club (literally).

The absolute icing on the turd cake will be if we give the job to Shrek, it would prove there was some underhand tactics at play in the background.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What happened at Fenerbache? More underhand stuff? If so I wonder why!

Hey mate you know our views have pretty much aligned this season, Cocu simply had to go.

But there were underhand tactics at Fernerbache. 

It could simply be that Dutch clubs are more than happy to play his style of football and that is it.

He had to go, but it needs stating quite clearly that the club and certain players let him down big big time. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hey mate you know our views have pretty much aligned this season, Cocu simply had to go.

But there were underhand tactics at Fernerbache. 

It could simply be that Dutch clubs are more than happy to play his style of football and that is it.

He had to go, but it needs stating quite clearly that the club and certain players let him down big big time. 

Maybe the underhand tactics at Fenerbache were for a reason? They saved themselves sooner!

I don't think anyone let him down big time. At time last season we played well - but still he tinkered! He was set on countering the opposition first and foremost.

I think he fits Dutch club mentality, but there's no doubt he had some good players at PSV?

Again, I'm sad it didn't work for Cocu he is a good, principled man. What could be worse than good people failing? ?

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Careful mate.... There's some on here saying not to be nasty to Wayne as he was only doing what silly old Cocu had asked him to. 

?

Archived