Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I doubt Cocu does not appreciate his team scoring goals. He could just do with a useful striker.

The ability to manage is the top priority, to understand players differing makeups, to encourage, praise, reprimand, improve a young man., would to me seem a perfect description of Cocu.

Cook has some merits, but I can’t imagine any incoming Sheikh would have him on a wish list. As for Ryan Lowe, would that be the guy with about a years management experience with Bury and Plymouth? Come on, you are making yourself look silly.

I'm silly and yet you think Cocu can do all those - lol

And yes I do like Ryan Lowe and if you checked your own indisputable knowledge ? you would find his record is 145 games as a Manager with a win ration during that time (21/2 years) of 46% (and not about a years experience) 

But instead of being a keyboard warrior perhaps you could enlighten us with some of your vast knowledge of suitable candidates or are you in danger of becoming your own worst enemy 

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I remain of the view that Cocu might be still the right man to take us forward. I think that his ideals, his philosophy towards developing youth, his calm dignified approach, is ideal for our club. He could be our ‘Wenger’.

Like Clement was our Fergie? Cocu seems a decent man, I agree.

"My concern is that Cocu has been derailed this season, and I suspect from within the club."

But your 'concern' is nothing but conjecture. ? 

The reality is we are bottom. However were your conjecture to be true then Cocu still isn't the man for the job as he's not handling the current situation at all well.

We all hope for the best outcome as the club we love is in dire straights. #COYR

Just now, Hathersage Ram said:

And yes I do like Ryan Lowe and if you checked your own indisputable knowledge ? you would find his record is 145 games as a Manager with a win ration during that time (21/2 years) of 46% (and not about a years experience) 

But instead of being a keyboard warrior perhaps you could enlighten us with some of your vast knowledge of suitable candidates or are you in danger of becoming your own worst enemy 

And not only that he likes to play attacking football

10 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

My knowledge is not indisputable. My wife often reminds me of that fact. Like you, or perhaps not given your very detailed reply, I spend very little time looking at Lower League manager stats.

I have no need to advise you on candidates as we do not have a managerial vacancy. At this moment in time Cocu has my support, and I hope he comes through this difficult time.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like Clement was our Fergie? Cocu seems a decent man, I agree.

"My concern is that Cocu has been derailed this season, and I suspect from within the club."

But your 'concern' is nothing but conjecture. ? 

The reality is we are bottom. However were your conjecture to be true then Cocu still isn't the man for the job as he's not handling the current situation at all well.

We all hope for the best outcome as the club we love is in dire straights. #COYR

It is conjecture on my part, other than we can be certain that Rooney has said nothing to deny his immediate management interests.

As for his handling of the current situation, he may very well of had discussions with Morris about Rooney. We do not know, but who do you think has the power in that relationship?

23 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

And not only that he likes to play attacking football

So you think Ryan Lowe will definitely do better for Derby long term than Cocu? because he plays attacking football. Even with our depleted strike force.

Will he manage overall better, or are we purely concentrating on style of play?. Of course attacking football you can still lose.

Wycombe, Coventry, Preston at home. Rotherham, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday away.

These games are the ones you would earmark as the backbone of any potential turnaround in the coming weeks.

Would you trust Cocu to lead the team to victory in these games?

If yes was the answer, then I am sure there wouldn’t be such clamour for change. The reality is that for the overwhelming majority of people associated with the club, the answer to that question is no.

Unfortunately, the trust has gone. We have all been willing Cocu to turn things around, because ultimately no-one wants the club to fail. However it simply hasn’t materialised.

We have lost to Luton, Huddersfield, Barnsley and QPR already this season - similar games to those mentioned in the sense that they would have been circled beforehand as the potential spark for a revival. A spark that never came.

Now it has reached a point where I don’t even feel confident going into games that an established Championship side like ourselves should be relishing.

If I am feeling like that as a fan, how do you imagine the players are feeling?

A new manager is not needed purely to change results or purely to change the style of play. Of course that helps. But a new manager is needed most of all to lift the mood and change the atmosphere at the club.

The manager and his staff are offering no solutions. The players sound completely drained of all joy and hope. They all look like beaten men.

The way things are, things will simply lurch from bad to worse. You’d have quite the job convincing me otherwise.

15 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

So you think Ryan Lowe will definitely do better for Derby long term than Cocu? because he plays attacking football. Even with our depleted strike force.

Will he manage overall better, or are we purely concentrating on style of play?. Of course attacking football you can still lose.

Or you purposely being ridiculous. No body can guarantee any manager would do better than any other!

My opinion is Ryan Lowe would do a better job than Cocu! 

Obviously different managers have different thoughts regarding style of play, Lowe's philosophy is to outscore his opponents, not try to nick a goal and sit back.

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Or you purposely being ridiculous. No body can guarantee any manager would do better than any other!

My opinion is Ryan Lowe would do a better job than Cocu! 

Obviously different managers have different thoughts regarding style of play, Lowe's philosophy is to outscore his opponents, not try to nick a goal and sit back.

We'd need a bigger name that Ryan Lowe if Rooney is still at the club.

If the takeover happens, would you trust Ryan Lowe with money to spend over Cocu?

And what if Cocu was able to sign a striker in Jan who can nick a goal? Nick a goal every week. Would that change things for you or are you set on whatever resources the manager has, it wont work?

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Wycombe, Coventry, Preston at home. Rotherham, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday away.

These games are the ones you would earmark as the backbone of any potential turnaround in the coming weeks.

Would you trust Cocu to lead the team to victory in these games?

If yes was the answer, then I am sure there wouldn’t be such clamour for change. The reality is that for the overwhelming majority of people associated with the club, the answer to that question is no.

Unfortunately, the trust has gone. We have all been willing Cocu to turn things around, because ultimately no-one wants the club to fail. However it simply hasn’t materialised.

We have lost to Luton, Huddersfield, Barnsley and QPR already this season - similar games to those mentioned in the sense that they would have been circled beforehand as the potential spark for a revival. A spark that never came.

Now it has reached a point where I don’t even feel confident going into games that an established Championship side like ourselves should be relishing.

If I am feeling like that as a fan, how do you imagine the players are feeling?

A new manager is not needed purely to change results or purely to change the style of play. Of course that helps. But a new manager is needed most of all to lift the mood and change the atmosphere at the club.

The manager and his staff are offering no solutions. The players sound completely drained of all joy and hope. They all look like beaten men.

The way things are, things will simply lurch from bad to worse. You’d have quite the job convincing me otherwise.

I like your posts Jourdan, although I always imagine you posting many of them to a soundtrack by Leonard Cohen. However, what evidence do you have that the owner, the staff, the players, are clamouring for a change of manager??  What player sounds have you picked up that they are completely drained of all joy and hope.  I cant argue that something needs to happen to kickstart the season, but as for your post I can only say it is a beautifully written piece of English fiction. Your students would be very proud of you.

23 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

What depleted strike force?

Lawrence, Ibe, Rooney, Jozwiak, Waghorn, Kazim-Richards, Sibley, Whittaker

8 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

We'd need a bigger name that Ryan Lowe if Rooney is still at the club.

If the takeover happens, would you trust Ryan Lowe with money to spend over Cocu?

And what if Cocu was able to sign a striker in Jan who can nick a goal? Nick a goal every week. Would that change things for you or are you set on whatever resources the manager has, it wont work?

Oh I didn't realise we were just looking for a BIG NAME

Our first priority is to avoid relegation this season, if we persist with Cocu then I feel that is almost inevitable.

You resort to what if scenarios now, name me a striker who is guaranteed to nick a goal every week

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Oh I didn't realise we were just looking for a BIG NAME

Our first priority is to avoid relegation this season, if we persist with Cocu then I feel that is almost inevitable.

You resort to what if scenarios now, name me a striker who is guaranteed to nick a goal every week

Roy Race

I've never really bought the idea of "defensive vs attacking" style managers, I think it depends more on pragmatism (focus on organisation, hard work, know your job) vs idealism (the team will try to play this way, try to pull these moves, X, y, z have the freedom to improvise around this) with almost every manager being a certain level of each.

There's very few managers outright dedicated to defense, and then it's usually because they've not got a very good team and it's the best way to get a reasonable amount of success.

Obviously, there's exceptions to the rule, but I think most managers want a hard working team that knows what it's doing and plays good football.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

My concern is that Cocu has been derailed this season, and I suspect from within the club. If I was to hazard a guess I would say Rooney’s contractual arrangements have him as a guaranteed pick.

I'm not ITK What i've heard from some is 32RED pick up his wage when playing, When not DCFC do, This is pure folly for a Manager, He's forcibly picking a player based on financial reasons.

The above could or could not be true ?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

It is conjecture on my part, other than we can be certain that Rooney has said nothing to deny his immediate management interests.

As for his handling of the current situation, he may very well of had discussions with Morris about Rooney. We do not know, but who do you think has the power in that relationship?

Why would Rooney deny his management interests?

Why would he have discussions with Mel about Rooney?

Again conjecture on your part. The only reality is the table and our absolutely abysmal footballing statistics!

Archived