Sack cocu

dantheram

30 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Oh I didn't realise we were just looking for a BIG NAME

Our first priority is to avoid relegation this season, if we persist with Cocu then I feel that is almost inevitable.

You resort to what if scenarios now, name me a striker who is guaranteed to nick a goal every week

We're not only looking for big names. But you explain to me how someone like Lowe manages a player like Rooney, that's if he even allowed to.

You're assuming Cocu will take us down. But someone like Lowe wouldn't.

So in the same sense that I can't name a striker that can guarantee a goal every week, you can't name a manager that will guarantee will do anything different with this squad and that suits your style of football.

You're definitely one of the 'poo yourself' type of fans who knows better. You wouldn't give any manager time. Including someone like Lowe so why even suggest anyone.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would Rooney deny his management interests?

Why would he have discussions with Mel about Rooney?

Again conjecture on your part. The only reality is the table and our absolutely abysmal footballing statistics!

I would advise you that 'conjecture' is an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.  

I have not formed any opinion or conclusion as to next manager.  I am keeping an open and inquiring mind, and will do so until:

1) We have a managerial vacancy.

2) I have complete information.

You do get yourself in quite a lather don't you. I haven't looked over the last couple of days, but I am sure on Sunday I saw we were were only 3 points off safety, with 35 games to play.

Inspired Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

35 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Oh I didn't realise we were just looking for a BIG NAME

I think it's probably pretty accurate to say we'd probably hire a "big name" due to having Rooney. Can you imagine being happy to play under an up and coming manager that's not widely known? Someone like Ryan Lowe, Richie Wellens and David Artell, can you imagine Rooney respecting those much? 

1 minute ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

We're not only looking for big names. But you explain to me how someone like Lowe manages a player like Rooney, that's if he even allowed to.

You're assuming Cocu will take us down. But someone like Lowe wouldn't.

So in the same sense that I can't name a striker that can guarantee a goal every week, you can't name a manager that will guarantee will do anything different with this squad and that suits your style of football.

You're definitely one of the 'poo yourself' type of fans who knows better. You wouldn't give any manager time. Including someone like Lowe so why even suggest anyone.

I am the type of fan who is understanding of when action needs to be taken! If Cocu was showing signs of making us at least mid table and the football was palatable then I would gladly stick with "The project". However, it is patently obvious Cocu is not up to the job, I don't like change for changes sake. But I prefer to take decisive action at the appropriate time, and not prevaricate.

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You do get yourself in quite a lather don't you. I haven't looked over the last couple of days, but I am sure on Sunday I saw we were were only 3 points off safety, with 35 games to play.

Yeah, better to anticipate potential problems from being bottom of the league, than keeping your fingers crossed and making things up. ?

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I would advise you that 'conjecture' is an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.  

I have not formed any opinion or conclusion as to next manager.  I am keeping an open and inquiring mind, and will do so until:

1) We have a managerial vacancy.

2) I have complete information.

Inspired Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Couldn't decide which was more fitting;

doomed oh no GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Or

tfw GIF

Let's have both. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, better to anticipate potential problems from being bottom of the league, than keeping your fingers crossed and making things up. ?

What have I made up?? Not my mind thats for sure.

My fingers are permanantly crossed. Bloody arthritis.

39 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I am the type of fan who is understanding of when action needs to be taken! If Cocu was showing signs of making us at least mid table and the football was palatable then I would gladly stick with "The project". However, it is patently obvious Cocu is not up to the job, I don't like change for changes sake. But I prefer to take decisive action at the appropriate time, and not prevaricate.

Decisive maybe, but Lowe would be drastic.

It isn't obvious that Cocu isn't up to the job. There are many factors involved. Rooney. Rosenior. Neither of which I think Cocu wanted to be part of the coaching setup. Call them gifts from Mel.

It might be obvious if he's left manage his way and with players he wants and it still doesn't work.

We appear to be a graveyard for managers. Can it really be that every manager is rubbish? Doubt it. Many fans have blamed the players over past seasons. Now we have a manager moving them on and, as a result leaving himself open to attack, we want him out. Surely we're at step 2 and the next step is for him to be allowed a proper transfer window to put some round pegs in round holes. Then you can really judge.

Its like watching a progress bar get to 40-60% and then we restart over and over.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

I think it's probably pretty accurate to say we'd probably hire a "big name" due to having Rooney. Can you imagine being happy to play under an up and coming manager that's not widely known? Someone like Ryan Lowe, Richie Wellens and David Artell, can you imagine Rooney respecting those much? 

If Rooney can't show respect to an up and coming manager - who may or may not be fantastic - then said manager should stick him in the u23's for what little remains of his contract. 

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

By that reasoning, Mel shouldn't sell the club till we are in a similar position to when he took over the club.

Not quite sure how you come to that conclusion as I was purely talking about the length of contract given to Cocu.

37 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Wayne Rooney is getting slaughtered on here for pretty much nothing.

Well said.....it comes with the territory of being so high profile though I suspect it does not bother him. 

He his not going to come out and say he does not want to be a manager when two weeks ago he gave a interview on the subject saying when the timing is right. 

He maybe a great or poor manager but he has a wealth of top managers and coaches he could call on for help and advice which should help. 

Archived