Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, S8TY said:

I thought we played well against Forest and in spells in games we have played well and even the second half on saturday was much better than the first.....I beleive a decent striker or two would make a massive difference.

The signing of Kazim Richards was alarm bells for some including myself....we are either totally skint or he is a stop gap to who we really want in Jan, but no doubt some just wanted us to sign our 4th or 5th choice maybe and end up with yet more players we have to get rid of....we have wasted so much money on dross like Anya,Butterfield and Blackman to name 3 and yet our business has been brilliant in the last window.....except....we did not get the striker or strikers we needed so there is more to this than we know like perhaps some investment to enable Cocu to get a couple of game changers in in Jan who knows.

For Once our recruitment seemed spot on except the all important strikers we require so maybe Cocu was told wait until Jan and will have those players,but if anyone thinks Cocu is to blame for not bringing in the players he wanted then thats total nonsense......of those cacking themselves on here...we will not go down....its november and a long way to go....

Well there is going to have to be a massive change in form !

I wonder how many other teams have said this and then been relegated? 

20 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

A dire squad with no desire. But of course it’s the managers fault because he doesn’t rant and rave.

I think they do have desire, you look at the body language post match and the comments they make, they are hurt by these results. They do care.

It's the managers fault because nothing is working. We don't lay a glove on teams who have less quality than us. We fail to attack cohesively, we don't close down. Everything about the current setup is wrong and that's the managers responsibility. 

We're bottom of the league, get real. You can either let the rot continue or you can make a change which will highly likely turn things around. Fenerbahce didn't wait. 

6 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

It is a far from ideal situation, but I still think Cocu should be sacked. Even with no new additions, a good manager should be able to get good results with a frontline from Waghorn, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ibe, Rooney, Sibley, Marriott, Whittaker, CKR, JHI and Stretton.

The key to success has always been stability. The sooner we bring in a new manager, the sooner he can assess the squad and decide what changes he wants to make in the summer.

Sticking with Cocu is a greater risk than twisting. We know what we’re getting with Phil now - toothless, leaky, possession based football.

Stability = Sack the manager

From the players you listed....

Waghorn - Only just back from a long injury

Jozwiak - Still getting used to the division

Lawrence - Is just rubbish and should be binned off - but has also been injured

Ibe - HASNT PLAYED A SINGLE SECOND....

Rooney - Again, been out for a couple of weeks, and is the only one who has won us a game

Sibley - Only jut back from a long injury

Marriott - Doesnt play for us

Whittaker - You honestly think we arent getting the most out of him? you think he can get much better? im not so sure.

CKR - Has hardly played

JHI - Hasnt played

Stretton - Hasnt played

18 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Rooney - Again, been out for a couple of weeks, and is the only one who has won us a game

Whittaker - You honestly think we arent getting the most out of him? you think he can get much better? im not so sure.

CKR - Has hardly played

JHI - Hasnt played

Stretton - Hasnt played

You make a very good point with Jozwiak who is understandly a really good player and one that you can tell from a mile off has a ton of potential. He's not really done a great deal yet.... perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to judge MTW on the same premise. I'm never expecting MTW to be to the standard Jozwiak is, but perhaps there is a chance he improves to be a good player? We could definitely use him in a back 2. 

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

CKR - Has hardly played

JHI - Hasnt played

Stretton - Hasnt played

At this rate we will become a stable League 1 club. Stability is important, but the manager has to be right. Cocu just doesn’t fit.

Waghorn, Lawrence and Rooney are  all underperforming. Whittaker has shown more than enough to be involved. Sibley has been available most of the season, he just doesn’t get picked.

The others are all options for a new manager coming in. I believe Marriott has a recall clause in his loan.

A new manager would 100% get more out of this front line with more positive, attacking tactics.

32 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

At this rate we will become a stable League 1 club. Stability is important, but the manager has to be right. Cocu just doesn’t fit.

Waghorn, Lawrence and Rooney are  all underperforming. Whittaker has shown more than enough to be involved. Sibley has been available most of the season, he just doesn’t get picked.

The others are all options for a new manager coming in. I believe Marriott has a recall clause in his loan.

A new manager would 100% get more out of this front line with more positive, attacking tactics.

Sibley has been injured.   Fact 

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's often the impression you get when you watch teams that have been newly promoted that you know are on their way back down. No consistency, good spells, seem a bit unlucky, if only they had...

Disagree Roy We won't go down , we'll end half way which is still dissapointing but we wont go down

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

No manager at Debry has ever got anything out of Lawrence.....at least Cocu got him to get rid of Keogh for us...

Sibley has been injured, and still doesnt look fully fit.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

1 start last season with 15 sub appearances, in those games he got 1 goal and 1 assist, which translates to 0.64 goals+assists per 90. This season he's started 1 league game and made 4 sub appearances.

I think that's incredibly harsh to say he can't get much better, considering he's only 19 and hasn't even started more than 5 games in senior football.   

51 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

1 start last season with 15 sub appearances, in those games he got 1 goal and 1 assist, which translates to 0.64 goals+assists per 90. This season he's started 1 league game and made 4 sub appearances.

I think that's incredibly harsh to say he can't get much better, considering he's only 19 and hasn't even started more than 5 games in senior football.   

I said I’m not sure he can get much better... maybe he can, maybe he can’t, I’m not sure. 

Maybe Cocu is smarter than many think?

For all we know, he could be on £10k a week, but with a £4m sacking clause should his contract be ended early or he be placed on gardening leave, maybe that's the set compensation should he wish to terminate early?

Unlikely, but maybe he factored in our reputation into his deal?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, unlike the stated £90k a week deal mooted earlier.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

CKR - Has hardly played

JHI - Hasnt played

Stretton - Hasnt played

Whittaker was starting to really impact games  then gets sent to the 23’s, Sibley missed about 2 games, not exactly a mega injury, he’s being criminally underused.

Not sure how you can say Lawrence is rubbish when he was one of our standout players last season.

Archived