Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Because injured players coming back like Beilik will make a difference.

Give him 12 more games. 

ducking hell I'm hoping the new owners aren't so forgiving, another 5 games without a win and we will be absolutely ducking screwed, don't beat Wycombe and we are near enough down. Got to act now before it's too late, he's already ruined us enough now. 

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

ducking hell I'm hoping the new owners aren't so forgiving, another 5 games without a win and we will be absolutely ducking screwed, don't beat Wycombe and we are near enough down. Got to act now before it's too late, he's already ruined us enough 

image.gif.5837795dcdaeb3b9efdd3c7c5e5f33f6.gif

18 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hold on, bielik played in our last disasterous game.....

26tP4gFBQewkLnMv6.gif

It was his first full game back in the first team after an ACL injury. This from someone who used to excuse a poor Martin performance because he might have the squits.

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

I just can’t see any signs of things turning round and improving for Cocu. I don’t see progress i see stagnation or reversal. I see a stubborn commitment to a formation that isn’t working. I see little or no flexibility and a hollow positivity that is unconvincing. I want or wanted him to succeed but I think we’ve reached the tipping point  and the club’s future is more important than gambling on allowing more time. This will only make the recovery more difficult 

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I like your posts Jourdan, although I always imagine you posting many of them to a soundtrack by Leonard Cohen. However, what evidence do you have that the owner, the staff, the players, are clamouring for a change of manager??  What player sounds have you picked up that they are completely drained of all joy and hope.  I cant argue that something needs to happen to kickstart the season, but as for your post I can only say it is a beautifully written piece of English fiction. Your students would be very proud of you.

When it comes to the players, just look at the performances in the two most recent games. Do those performances reflect a group of players up for the fight and rallying behind the manager? These were the perfect games - against two teams in the bottom half and without a win away from home - for the players to bounce back and there was nothing to hide behind.

Contrast those two performances to the ones we saw in late December and early January v Charlton and Barnsley last season and the difference is night and day when it comes to showing some fight, some spirit and displaying a united front.

I would also encourage you to watch the recent post game interviews with Byrne and Waghorn to get a sense of the mood of the players. Listen to their responses, observe their body language, and you can see something is clearly not right.

When it comes to Mel, if the media is to be believed, it’s only the club’s financial situation that has stopped him making a decision. And given Mel’s past, do you expect him to be satisfied at seeing the club at the very bottom of the table?

I wish it was fiction and everything was rosy behind the scenes. But look at how things have been since July - results, performances and everything else associated with the club - none of it suggests that this is merely a poor run of form and we have to be patient and see it out.

30 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Do those performances reflect a group of players up for the fight and rallying behind the manager?

And haven’t we seen this before, recently under other managers?

Maybe they’re just thick and comfortable with their life that’s it really doesn’t matter to them which direction the club is going in.

All this ‘it’s for Cocu to motivate the players’ stuff does my head in as well. Didn’t Roy Keane say something about this at the weekend. Desire comes from within. If you’re a winner you give it your all regardless.

You can’t tell me that Cocu is bamboozling the players with tactics that are completely alien to them and nobody (coaches or players) is learning at all. Surely that can’t be right.

It’s more like the other team want it more. Or are better just better individually or as a team.

Cocu has really had just two transfer windows. Two. And he was left an absolutely dire squad. You can just give players away. You need people to want them.

A dire squad with no desire. But of course it’s the managers fault because he doesn’t rant and rave.

Bottom line is the squad (at this point in time) isn’t good enough, strong enough, fit enough, or balanced. Its a big big job. For Cocu or whichever poor sod comes in next.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

How does the PSV team that won it seven times between 2000 and 2008 have anything to do with the team that won it three times under Cocu? How can that possibly diminish Cocu's achievement at all? The PSV managers for that period was Guus Hiddink and Ronald Koeman and they're no jokers either, but the teams are completely different. Cocu had to develop and build (with the good work by Marcel Brands) a team that could achieve the same title wins that he managed as a player a decade before. 

You wouldn't say Solksjaer should be expected to win the Premier League this season because Alex Ferguson did it with Manchester United in 2013.

The discussion is about a 2 team league. You used the 2008 as a basis for arguing it’s a multi team league. Ie 5. Nonsense if you consider the last 20 years. Of course there will be a couple more from time to time but it’s a 2 team league in the main.

trying to argue that somehow PSV ain’t the same PSV when they have different managers is bizarre. Of course the personnel are different but the history is plain to see.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

It was his first full game back in the first team after an ACL injury. This from someone who used to excuse a poor Martin performance because he might have the squits.

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

I haven't seen a poor Martin performance.

I didn't see a bad bielik performance on Saturday either,what I did see was a poorly managed team unable to play to its teams strengths.

Bielik will be great once he has a decent manager looking after him,as will the rest of the squad.

KiaU2EUyxjQB2.gif

10 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

The discussion is about a 2 team league. You used the 2008 as a basis for arguing it’s a multi team league. Ie 5. Nonsense if you consider the last 20 years. Of course there will be a couple more from time to time but it’s a 2 team league in the main.

trying to argue that somehow PSV ain’t the same PSV when they have different managers is bizarre. Of course the personnel are different but the history is plain to see.

Just a further point. Since 1990 ie last 30 years PSV and Ajax have won 25 titles. 

2 team league with an occasional Leicester moment

25 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

And haven’t we seen this before, recently under other managers?

Maybe they’re just thick and comfortable with their life that’s it really doesn’t matter to them which direction the club is going in.

All this ‘it’s for Cocu to motivate the players’ stuff does my head in as well. Didn’t Roy Keane say something about this at the weekend. Desire comes from within. If you’re a winner you give it your all regardless.

You can’t tell me that Cocu is bamboozling the players with tactics that are completely alien to them and nobody (coaches or players) is learning at all. Surely that can’t be right.

It’s more like the other team want it more. Or are better just better individually or as a team.

Cocu has really had just two transfer windows. Two. And he was left an absolutely dire squad. You can just give players away. You need people to want them.

A dire squad with no desire. But of course it’s the managers fault because he doesn’t rant and rave.

Bottom line is the squad (at this point in time) isn’t good enough, strong enough, fit enough, or balanced. Its a big big job. For Cocu or whichever poor sod comes in next.

Don’t you know?

The players are poor defenceless little lambs who need someone to tell them when to run, when to tackle, when to pass and when to shoot.

They don’t really want to play so need someone vicious to shout instructions to them throughout every game.

They cannot be expected to learn from the twenty or so years during which they have played the game or indeed be expected to want to earn the vast sums they are paid.

Those duties falls entirely to the manager.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

The players are poor defenceless little lambs who need someone to tell them when to run, when to tackle, when to pass and when to shoot.

They don’t really want to play so need someone vicious to shout instructions to them throughout every game.

If they players aren't playing then the manager either has to get them to play, or drop them.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If they players aren't playing then the manager either has to get them to play, or drop them.

How do you drop 70% of the team when there’s nobody to replace them with except kids?

Senior players nurture kids or should help the manager do that. Instead Cocu has had to pull Bird out of the firing line because the seniors are a terrible example.

Archived