Sack cocu

dantheram

22 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Cocu is in a no win situation with some fans on here , if he had gambled yesterday and brought attackers on as subs and then conceded he would have been hammered for being gung ho , he tried to see the game out at 1-0 by trying to be compact , conceded the equaliser and hes villified for that , a point at Bournemouth is not to be sniffed at .

Im sure we will see more progress and points on the board this week , performances are slowly improving , injured players are coming back , fitness is improving , Cocu will turn the season round im sure of it

Problem is how long do we give him. If we’re bottom 3 in January will people still want him?? 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Cocu is in a no win situation with some fans on here , if he had gambled yesterday and brought attackers on as subs and then conceded he would have been hammered for being gung ho , he tried to see the game out at 1-0 by trying to be compact , conceded the equaliser and hes villified for that , a point at Bournemouth is not to be sniffed at .

Im sure we will see more progress and points on the board this week , performances are slowly improving , injured players are coming back , fitness is improving , Cocu will turn the season round im sure of it

Cocu's problem is not caused by the fans. His problems are that the results are disastrous and the football is tedious. 

Cocu knows the score, his days are numbered at the club. Zero chance on his form a new owner would keep him at the club.

The biggest question is who is coming in to replace him, clearly its not Rooney.

You don't place a club in trouble in the hands of untested rookie.

Its likely the new owners will want a talented manager at the helm.

Why would you spend money on Derby unless you felt you could see the club promoted to the Premier league.

I wouldn't see any of the top managers in the championship as of limits if a new owner with deep pockets comes in, in that case a manager coming in will know they have the funds to promote the club

7 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

It's not yet a forgone conclusion, but if nothing changes we will go down. Anyone who thinks we are too good for relegation is really deluding themselves. 

No but with the team we have we really shouldn't be near the bottom 3. Cocu should be getting a lot more out of them

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Problem is how long do we give him. If we’re bottom 3 in January will people still want him?? 

Doubt we will be in the bottom 3 come Jan. I expect we will soon start to grind out a few wins to get us up the table. Main problem is not having a recognised goalscorer.  Cocu will be carrying on in the knowledge that in all probability, if the club ownership changes, so will the management. After everything he's had thrown at him during his tenure at DCFC, it may actually come as a relief to the guy. 

Mentioned before that, despite my best efforts and shirt purchases, my son is a Southampton fan.

A year ago, they lost 0-9 at home to Fester and I thought Hasenhutl would be shown the door.

However, he had a clear the air meeting with the players, they went on a run, easily avoided relegation. This season, they're now sitting fourth in the PL.

Unfortunately, Ings may have suffered another serious injury in today's game. Hopefully not. But, if he has, it may show how a team fares without their key striker.

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Mentioned before that, despite my best efforts and shirt purchases, my son is a Southampton fan.

A year ago, they lost 0-9 at home to Fester and I thought Hasenhutl would be shown the door.

However, he had a clear the air meeting with the players, they went on a run, easily avoided relegation. This season, they're now sitting fourth in the PL.

Unfortunately, Ings may have suffered another serious injury in today's game. Hopefully not. But, if he has, it may show how a team fares without their key striker.

My dad and his family are from Southampton and he and my brother are big Saints fans. Good point about the 9-0 match and sticking by the manager ?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

51 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My dad and his family are from Southampton and he and my brother are big Saints fans. Good point about the 9-0 match and sticking by the manager ?

Prior to that though, they had a clear style and attacked. 

This season we have taken 4pts from 4 games against the top 6

last season on the run in we lost every game against the top 6 conceding an average of 2 goals per game.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

last season on the run in we lost every game against the top 6 conceding an average of 2 goals per game.

You assume that "top 6" means something at this stage and it so often doesn't.

44 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You assume that "top 6" means something at this stage and it so often doesn't.

Aha and you've fallen right into the trap set by the OP. So equally the converse of what you've said is that being in the bottom 3 therefore doesn't mean anything at this stage ergo all of the clamour for Cocu to go is totally unjustified.

The clamour for Cocu to be sacked will continue if he continues to fail to deliver. 

I believe this squad as it is "should be a top 6 squad" 

The only reason I can see that it is not, is down to Cocu!

His negativity and tactics allied to his inability to bring the best out of the majority of players should be brought to a rapid conclusion.

I do not like us to sack managers, unless his performance is jeopardising our clubs position in this league. 

I could say we should sack him if we were not in or around top 6 by Christmas, that's how good I believe our squad is.

He is just not suitable to manage in the championship

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Interesting - was it the same Top 6 (not possible)? So, what were the results against these teams last season (also not possible)?

We have two games coming up that we will absolutely have to win in order to avoid a managerial change early doors. 

A win against QPR is required, of course, because without it then I think we change anyway. Although, I would argue a win against QPR and then a draw/defeat to Barnsley will cause the same level of scrutiny. Therefore, I would say whichever way you look at it, without a win on Wednesday AND Saturday then we're in the market for manager number 2. 

I would've said Rooney, for sure, but with a takeover pending then I just don't know. 

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I believe this squad as it is "should be a top 6 squad" 

The only reason I can see that it is not, is down to Cocu!

Which players make it a top 6 squad?

Do you think it was also true of the available players we had for the opening few games?

I think the fit squad we had for the opening couple of games was mid-table at best - All our attacking talent has been injured

Crazy football is, if we’d held on against Cardiff then drew away at Bournemouth it would of been a cracking point, they do have some real top players and we caused them problems, we just need that one win to get that winning feeling back, we deserved it at forest but our luck so far has been appalling. I’d of taken a point at Bournemouth from the first minute but it is frustrating winning for such a large period of the game to conceding late again! These 2 next home games are massive for Cocu he’s got to get us winning, if the new ownership does happen he may be axed anyway depending on if they want to bring their own man in

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Which players make it a top 6 squad?

Do you think it was also true of the available players we had for the opening few games?

I think the fit squad we had for the opening couple of games was mid-table at best - All our attacking talent has been injured

Marshall, Byrne, Clarke, Buchanan, Shinnie, Lawrence, Knight, and Jozwiak - I realise we have had injuries as have every other teams!

I also don't think selling Bogle and Lowe has weakened us, Byrne is a vast improvement on Bogle and Buchanan is already proving to me to be absolute jem. The only area I think we have an obvious deficiency is upfront, we need a mobile target man .

Archived