Sack cocu

dantheram

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

Crazy football is, if we’d held on against Cardiff then drew away at Bournemouth it would of been a cracking point, they do have some real top players and we caused them problems, we just need that one win to get that winning feeling back, we deserved it at forest but our luck so far has been appalling. I’d of taken a point at Bournemouth from the first minute but it is frustrating winning for such a large period of the game to conceding late again!

It's not just bad luck, it's poor decision making in the final third. We simply don't do enough to score goals. Should have been 2 or 3 up at half time on saturday

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean upon the assumption that the new owners come in and do what new owners normally do I think Cocu’s a gonner regardless of any internal or external issues. 

If the new owners don’t get announced this week then QPR and Barnsley are two massive matches that need to result in at least 4 points. Anything less and even the most stubborn Cocu inner will surely start to question things. 

Big week ahead.

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Marshall, Byrne, Clarke, Buchanan, Shinnie, Lawrence, Knight, and Jozwiak - I realise we have had injuries as have every other teams!

I also don't think selling Bogle and Lowe has weakened us, Byrne is a vast improvement on Bogle and Buchanan is already proving to me to be absolute jem. The only area I think we have an obvious deficiency is upfront, we need a mobile target man .

Right - But we started the season without the guys in bold - In fact neither Lawrence or Jozwiak was available throughout September

So were we a top 6 squad of available players in September?

Just reminding you of the opening day lineup:

Marshall, Wisdom, MTW, Clarke, Forsyth, Shinnie, Bird, Whittaker, Sibley, Knight, Marriott

I fully agree we have a good squad - Maybe even a great one - But I think our best players are ones we didn't have access to in September and who have been working to gain fitness in October

35 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Marshall, Wisdom, MTW, Clarke, Forsyth, Shinnie, Bird, Whittaker, Sibley, Knight, Marriott

Just reminding you of the Coventry line up that beat Reading on Friday:

Marosi - first season in the Championship, previous experience in League 1 and 2

Rose - debut season in the Championship, previous experience in League 1 and lower leagues in Scotland

Hyam - debut season in the Championship, only previous experience in League 1 and 2 or below

Ostigard - on loan from Brighton, only notable first team experience is one season in the German second division

Dabo - formerly of Chelsea, had loan spells in the top two divisions in the Netherlands

Hamer - two seasons at PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie, debut season in the Championship

Shipley - debut season in the Championship, climbed up the leagues with Coventry

Sheaf - on loan from Arsenal, previous experience only in League 1 and 2

Giles - on loan from Wolves, only notable first team experience is half a season on loan at Shrewsbury in League 1

Godden - five games in the Championship in 10-11, otherwise all of his first team experience has been in League 1 or below

Biamou - joined from Sutton in the National League and helped Coventry back through the divisions

What is my point? The point is that even when our squad is depleted, we have players with more experience and more pedigree than some teams have when their whole squad is available.

If Cocu has had it tough, how must Mark Robins sleep at night?

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Marosi - first season in the Championship, previous experience in League 1 and 2

Rose - debut season in the Championship, previous experience in League 1 and lower leagues in Scotland

Hyam - debut season in the Championship, only previous experience in League 1 and 2 or below

Ostigard - on loan from Brighton, only notable first team experience is one season in the German second division

Dabo - formerly of Chelsea, had loan spells in the top two divisions in the Netherlands

Hamer - two seasons at PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie, debut season in the Championship

Shipley - debut season in the Championship, climbed up the leagues with Coventry

Giles - on loan from Wolves, only notable first team experience is half a season on loan at Shrewsbury in League 1

Godden - five games in the Championship in 10-11, otherwise all of his first team experience has been in League 1 or below

Biamou - joined from Sutton in the National League and helped Coventry back through the divisions

What is my point? The point is that even when our squad is depleted, we have players with more experience and more pedigree than some teams have when their whole squad is available.

Oh my, but that's a really rubbish team isn't it.

No seriously it does help put things into perspective.

59 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Right - But we started the season without the guys in bold - In fact neither Lawrence or Jozwiak was available throughout September

So were we a top 6 squad of available players in September?

I fully agree we have a good squad - Maybe even a great one - But I think our best players are ones we didn't have access to in September and who have been working to gain fitness in October

And I think you are missing the point - I don't believe Cocu will EVER make us a promotion team!

34 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You are forgetting that psychology plays a massive part. Coventry will know they are underdogs for most games and will have to battle for every point. Reading have made a great start to the season and would have expected to beat Coventry.  Did Reading approach this game expecting to win, but approach the Derby game having to battle for everything? Look at Derby, despite having made a poor start, we are still regarded as a big team and are expected to win most weeks. Teams raise their games against us, play very defensive at times. 

To cut a long story short... it’s the championship, the only thing you can predict is that it’s unpredictable. Comparing the squads of teams based on two different results means nothing, anyone can beat anyone in this league on a given day. 

Let’s see what is happening after twenty games or so and judge then. 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Pretty much his first team squad though? And a lot of those are seasoned players with pedigree playing in League 1 for a while?

We started the season relying on goals from a trio of 19 year olds who have fewer senior appearances (at any level) between them than most of the pros at Coventry

And suggesting a squad can't step up from League One and do well is a bit of a daft argument since we've seen quite a few do well - Some even got back to back promotions...

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Perhaps he's not subject to as much whining

2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

You are forgetting that psychology plays a massive part. Coventry will know they are underdogs for most games and will have to battle for every point. Reading have made a great start to the season and would have expected to beat Coventry.  Did Reading approach this game expecting to win, but approach the Derby game having to battle for everything? Look at Derby, despite having made a poor start, we are still regarded as a big team and are expected to win most weeks. Teams raise their games against us, play very defensive at times. 

To cut a long story short... it’s the championship, the only thing you can predict is that it’s unpredictable. Comparing the squads of teams based on two different results means nothing, anyone can beat anyone in this league on a given day. 

Anyone can beat anyone in this league on any given day. Teams raise their game. Teams battle for every point. Teams thrive as underdogs and even when having inferior squads to the rest of the division.

OK, yes, so in that case, what does it matter that we were missing 3-4 players earlier in the season?

Why didn’t we raise our game? Why didn’t we battle for every point? Why didn’t we use our own disadvantage of having a depleted squad earlier in the season to light a fire under us?

If it’s about psychology and mentality as much as the quality of players available to you, then surely we are well within reason to ask questions of Cocu and the players?

3 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Teams raise their games against us, play very defensive at times. 

They can’t do that against us or there would be a stand off in which neither side crossed the half-way line ?

20 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If it’s about psychology and mentality as much as the quality of players available to you, then surely we are well within reason to ask questions of Cocu and the players?

Eh I don’t know.

I’m going to have to come round and slap your legs.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Pretty much his first team squad though? And a lot of those are seasoned players with pedigree playing in League 1 for a while?

We started the season relying on goals from a trio of 19 year olds who have fewer senior appearances (at any level) between them than most of the pros at Coventry

And suggesting a squad can't step up from League One and do well is a bit of a daft argument since we've seen quite a few do well - Some even got back to back promotions...

That’s not my suggestion at all. I have never said a team can’t come up from League One and be successful.

My point is that teams come up with squads full of League 1 and 2 calibre players, players with little to no Championship experience to speak of, and loan signings so low-profile that they would never be on our radar.

They don’t make excuses. They just get on with it. They try to find a way to be competitive despite being severely disadvantaged. The manager gets a bit extra out of their players, for example.

We have bemoaned our depleted squad. Don’t you think Coventry would love a player like Marshall, a player like Wisdom, a player like Forsyth, a player like Shinnie, highly rated young players from a youth set up that recently competed in the UEFA Youth League?

What has stopped us in recent months from finding a way to be competitive? How disadvantaged have we really been?

6 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Could be too late by then and anyway Cocu may already be gone if the deal goes through.

Archived