Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I can’t see us going up ever anyway. 

We will go up within 2 years if we get investment, then sack Cocu, bend FFP rules and spend alot but spend alot astutely and clear out players who aren't good enough for a promotion team.  If we make a team capable of pushing for winning then the league next summer then  even if things don't go perfect we will be up there, when your aim is simply to scrape into the top 6 if things go perfect when things go wrong this is where we are. Things haven't been perfect on or off the field in the last year, but I still think Cocu is ducking up on a royal scale. With new investment in if it happens, a new manager with a big budget maybe within a few seasons we will go up. It will happen soon enough when we have money again and hopefully spend it properly. 

42 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You write as though these failings from Waghorn and Lawrence ( both of whom have some strengths and can be valuable players) were unknown to us and to Cocu and his management team. Yet Cocu et al have allowed Martin to leave without proper replacement. Martin, the player who could hold the ball, was aware of other players  and make assists  - remember his interplay with Sibley ? (Why does Sibley seem less effective at the moment - he can hold the ball and go past others but lacks who have the skill to utilise this .) 

Kazim Richards is not the same as Martin but he is being unused by Cocu as well. He should have been used yesterday.

Cocu will reap what he has sown  ...... his sterile defensive approach is not the Derby way.

Pretty sure Cocu wanted to keep Martin but if his wage demands and length of contract were unreasonable we had no choice but to let him go. 

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We will go up within 2 years if we get investment, then sack Cocu, bend FFP rules and spend alot but spend alot astutely and clear out players who aren't good enough for a promotion team.  If we make a team capable of pushing for winning then the league next summer then  even if things don't go perfect we will be up there, when your aim is simply to scrape into the top 6 if things go perfect when things go wrong this is where we are. Things haven't been perfect on or off the field in the last year, but I still think Cocu is ducking up on a royal scale. With new investment in if it happens, a new manager with a big budget maybe within a few seasons we will go up. It will happen soon enough when we have money again and hopefully spend it properly. 

Do you really believe this takeover can work because I’m sceptical about it. 

9 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Nope. I’m just asking can we not change manager every 12 months when we don’t like the way the football is going before said manager has had a chance to actually embed his footballing philosophy and mould his team. It’s just so reactionary and so very, very shortsighted. 

It might be short-sighted, but as the aim is to win games and get promoted I guess there must be a reason behind it.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you really believe this takeover can work because I’m sceptical about it. 

In sceptical as well but what I do know is currently with Mel Morris no longer having the funds and our squad not looking as strong as what it was we have fat chance of going up,  I'm willing to give someone a chance even if they maybe are  abit dodgy and hope that with big funds to spend and a new way of doing things we will have a strong shot at promotion next season for the first time in years. What could happen also is Cocu goes next few games, Ibe and Bielik come back and we get to midtable by January, then we spend big in January and go all out this season to get into top 6.

54 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You write as though these failings from Waghorn and Lawrence ( both of whom have some strengths and can be valuable players) were unknown to us and to Cocu and his management team. Yet Cocu et al have allowed Martin to leave without proper replacement. Martin, the player who could hold the ball, was aware of other players  and make assists  - remember his interplay with Sibley ? (Why does Sibley seem less effective at the moment - he can hold the ball and go past others but lacks who have the skill to utilise this .) 

Kazim Richards is not the same as Martin but he is being unused by Cocu as well. He should have been used yesterday.

Cocu will reap what he has sown  ...... his sterile defensive approach is not the Derby way.

How do you know Cocu was involved in the decision to allow Martin To leave? 

12 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Pretty sure Cocu wanted to keep Martin but if his wage demands and length of contract were unreasonable we had no choice but to let him go. 

So replacement? There is no let out for Cocu on this  - there were choices and priorities and he failed. Lets be clear Cocu started this season with his flawed , play out from the back philosophy and he's been forced into a change in this  Cocu's preferred style of play determined the transfer priorities. Even though we played best with Martin in the side last season he DIDN'T REPLACE!

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

How do you know Cocu was involved in the decision to allow Martin To leave? 

Doesn't matter now. More important, why no replacement. The 1000s of players we were looking at and we end up with (yet another) non-signing and Colin!

1 minute ago, DRBee said:

So replacement? There is no let out for Cocu on this  - there were choices and priorities and he failed. Lets be clear Cocu started this season with his flawed , play out from the back philosophy and he's been forced into a change in this  Cocu's preferred style of play determined the transfer priorities. Even though we played best with Martin in the side last season he DIDN'T REPLACE!

He?

recruitment seems to be a collective effort at Derby co. And if what has been leaked is true, then cocu was extremely dissatisfied by the failure to recruit, and as a result he apparently insisted upon CKR.

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Do you really think Cocu a) chose to let Martin leave and/or b) chose Colin Kazim-Richards as his “replacement”?

I think both those decisions were affected hugely by financial constraints that Cocu has absolutely nothing to do with and no control over. I’m quite sure that given the choice Cocu would have Martin 100% of the time but alas the club was unable to give him that choice.

By all means use it as another stick to beat him with though.

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You are very lucky to be ITK on Cocu's involvement in our recruitment. If he is to blame for it all presumably you will also give him credit for Jowiak, Marshall x2 and the clear out also In the same window?

I've decided that all those that are wanting a managerial change are right.

I remember a few weeks back how many were calling for Chris Hughton to come in and replace Phil and after seeing the way forest are flying up the league and the way that Chris is motivating and using the massive and talented squad at his disposal, we should have all listened to you many weeks ago.

If only Mel had listened eh, we could be top of the league like forest.

Archived