Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

11 minutes ago, nottingram said:

98D8A8D9-FD03-40BA-BFF4-B4C09A59B465.thumb.jpeg.db828249160edbc66af581494813c7d4.jpeg

At risk of sounding like a broken record but on a run like we are, you really need a bit of luck to turn it around

That’s got to be four foot

the tele I mean. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was given this side to manage I'd go back to basics with a 442 with Knight and Shinnie in the middle, Jozwiak and Lawrence on the wings and Waghorn and either Rooney, Ingram or Richards upfront.  Then play more direct, fast attacking football, put pressure on the opposition, win 2nd balls and be a dirty scrappy team. We aren't good enough for attractive, slick 433 or 4231 slow build up due to piss poor recruitment so to ensure we don't go down we need to play basic but effective football. 

4 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If I was given this side to manage I'd go back to basics with a 442 with Knight and Shinnie in the middle, Jozwiak and Lawrence on the wings and Waghorn and either Rooney, Ingram or Richards upfront.  Then play more direct, fast attacking football, put pressure on the opposition, win 2nd balls and be a dirty scrappy team. We aren't good enough for attractive, slick 433 or 4231 slow build up due to piss poor recruitment so to ensure we don't go down we need to play basic but effective football. 

We could be like Nigel Pearson's Derby side all over again

TOO MANY COOKS

when cocu was appointed I thought it was a a good appointment 

then Derby? Appointed rosenior as coach to help with championship know how and I thought hmmmmm

then Derby? bring in Rooney as player coach ,,,, double hmmmmmm

are we seeing the results of a manager being seen as totaly in charge , are there too many around him too close who perhaps are expecting his job ?

now of course he may also just not be right for the job , personally I’m wavering at this point ,I’m not calling for his head but it’s also hard to see how he stays ,we are on a real downward spiral of the kind that often can only be halted by a change at the top ,trouble is I don’t see a candidate to put in charge , deffo don’t want Rooney as the lampard aftertaste lingers,,, call me crazy but big Sam whatever you think of him is big enough to do the job but we need to cut this perfection stuff whereby getting promoted means nothing unless we are playing worldie football ,, this club NEEDS some prem money washing around it,

tonight

why no striker from the start ,,,,so so lampard playoff guff

bird needs a rest 

Holmes is squad at best not a starter in a championship promotion team 

Curt is a good defender but a liability trying anything other than hitting it into row Z 

the team as a whole are lost and let’s be honest there’s only really Ibe missing tonight flair wise so that’s a worry

as I say ,I won’t call for cocu to be sacked but it’s hard to see how he stays

34 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Cocu is first team coach, not manager. Whether he has the final say I don't know. He wouldn't be the first coach to be given players to work with that he didn't personally recruit. 

Generally speaking I think our recruitment over the last 5 years has been appalling, so Cocu wouldn't be my first port of criticism when it comes to criticising signings.

How they perform is very much within his remit though and at the moment as a team we aren't performing. 

It is semantics really, but Cocu is Manager, not Head Coach. Check the DCFC website.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We could be like Nigel Pearson's Derby side all over again

Yes we could be, but for me Shinnie and Knight are well suited to that style and Waghorn and Rooney or Richards upfront would be a Millwall esque attack that would work if we played more direct. I'm sure if Gary Rowett had this squad he'd do alot better, as much as I prefer good football results have to come first. 

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Agree with all of that, sensible post, keeping a level head. 

I do find it amusing the number of people who were willing to stick with him before the match, and probably were quite hopeful at half time, maybe even reasonably pleased with the performance (read the thread!)... 45 minutes later the tipping point has been reached and now they've absolutely had enough.

This 100%

The first half was far better. We pressed and tried to get it forward. We looked pretty clueless in the final third still, but at least we made some effort to get there. There were positives and maybe something to build on.

The problem was that once they went ahead we had nothing. Taking Shinnie off was just plain stupid. The players looked like they just didn't want to be there. It's sometimes difficult to tell, but I thought that Huddersfield looked to be a pretty poor side. I suspect that they will be pleased that Barnsley, Rotherham and Wycombe are in the division come next spring. 

I've long since come to the conclusion that Cocu is the wrong manager for this division. I'm still of that opinion. But if he can prove me wrong and actually turn round this form he will deserve a knighthood - never I have I seen a a manager come back from this situation.  

19 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Agree with all of that, sensible post, keeping a level head. 

I do find it hilarious the number of people who were willing to stick with him before the match, and probably were quite hopeful at half time, maybe even reasonably pleased with the performance (read the thread!)... 45 minutes later the tipping point has been reached and now they've absolutely had enough.

Erm, isn't that the very definition of a tipping point?

2 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Just Lawrence and Jozwiak starting clearly makes a big difference, Bird's pass

was onside as well

Don't have an answer for now, can't believe sacking Cocu will change everything, it was obvious that

PC wanted Martin to stay, but we need a world class striker from somewhere. Waggy will need 3/4 matches

to get up to speed, same for the Ibe, Bielik Duncan etc.  our Academy forwards aren't quite there yet??

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don’t blame Cocu? Why bother with a manager then? ?

I don’t really get your point here if I’m honest, aside saying the manager gets all the blame?

Here’s my opinion after tonight, and let’s use CM19 as an example here because he’s a player we are both huge fans of. Martin forced himself into contention and in to the first team at Derby last season, did that come down to Martin himself taking the initiative and working hard on the instructions Cocu gave him  or him following what was asked him to the letter and hoping for the best?

If it’s your opinion that it’s the former, then who can you say after tonight is taking any initiative to force themselves onto the team sheet?

If it’s the latter, then surely it’s about giving Cocu a bit of time ?

1 hour ago, JayRam1 said:

Can’t understand people wanting Rooney has the next manager. He’s done nothing in terms of coaching, we need an experienced manager to hit the ground running! We need a motivator someone like Paul cook. Cocu just stands there with his arms folded all game, he’s too laid back!  Just worries me we can’t afford anyone so Morris will ride it out with Cocu

If and It is a BIG if that Mad Mel does get rid of Cocu then because of the Terrible huge long contact he gave Cocu he would have to appoint Rooney as the manager to save money....! But I think he will stick with big Phil...again, mainly to save money. 

I was really positive with the first half performance. We saw some really nice passages of play, a good structure and were playing much higher up the pitch. We looked how I would hope we would, albeit we just lack self belief (or something) in the final third. Byrne was one-on-one with the keeper about 7 yards out and looked to just collapse into himself. We constructed some nice positions, but lacked the final ball. The second half wasn't great to watch and the lack of confidence around the whole club seems to indicate one thing - a managerial exit. 

I'm a fan of Cocu, however I can't in one breath say that there is so much potential in this team and in the next saying he's got his hands tied. It's one or the other, personally I feel like this squad has too much potential. I'll continue to support him as I really think he's helped develop the club into a much healthier state than it was. 

I personally hope he gets his contract paid up in full, along with the rest of coaching staff that leaves with him, along with the deferrals he made during the initial shutdown, so we can draw a line under it. It will no doubt cost us a fortune; I mean it will probably cancel out any transfer budget we hoped to have for the next 12-18 months and most likely make our next manager a in-house promotion. I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't Rooney, perhaps helped by a wage deferral, and one other. I would like to see Wassall get the opportunity personally as we will be relying on these young lads going forward and he will have seen the majority of them progress and has played a significant part in their development up to this point. 

He can leave now, amicably, rather than what we all know is waiting round the corner. I wouldn't want to see it come to that, so I do think the best option is making sure he receives his wages due in full (along with everyone else) and the best wishes of the club. 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Going to try and add a bit of a positive spin, over the last 3 games I don't think we have had any awful performances like we were having at the start of the season.

Just all very average though.

If you don’t think these have been awful then I despair of your standard. 

Archived