Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

Little/important thing tonight from the players which is basic.

They have a keeper who we had on loan last season, who really struggled with balls in the air and around the six yard box. Was there a set piece that put that theory, that they saw week in/week out, to the test???

That’s not down to Cocu imo, that’s down to players not doing their job.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

He’s not in charge of recruitment ?

so the manager doesn’t get the final decision on who he signs from the offerings of the recruitment team ?

new one on me that 

Cocu is first team coach, not manager. Whether he has the final say I don't know. He wouldn't be the first coach to be given players to work with that he didn't personally recruit. 

Generally speaking I think our recruitment over the last 5 years has been appalling, so Cocu wouldn't be my first port of criticism when it comes to criticising signings.

How they perform is very much within his remit though and at the moment as a team we aren't performing. 

14 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Can’t understand people wanting Rooney has the next manager. He’s done nothing in terms of coaching, we need an experienced manager to hit the ground running! We need a motivator someone like Paul cook. Cocu just stands there with his arms folded all game, he’s too laid back!  Just worries me we can’t afford anyone so Morris will ride it out with Cocu

I dont want him as next manager but it was obvious from day one that it was going to happen - him coming in as a coach - watch the body language of Cocu at Rooney's first interview. 

I thought we played quite well in the first half.
We had chances to score but they were falling to defenders and Players who can’t hit the target.

If we had three Jason knights, I think we’d be top of the league. 
we do have another one of course so I’m still not panicking 

I actually think Cocu is going to get the team playing well. There were spells where it looked much better, we just didn't sustain it. Our playing style has changed since the Norwich game, with a much quicker tempo. 

I still have faith in the man. I worry he's losing confidence in himself though. I think he'll come good. Seen enough in short spells to see his style. 

Don't forget his bad luck in losing players to injury. All the players back and a quick tempo will see goals return. 

Now's not the time to lose out heads to emotional reactions as painful as it seems this evening. 

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I think a lot of blame needs to go to Mel at this time. Been focused on pr more than the club recently. I’m also pretty certain he still get involved with making decisions managers should make

Over It Woman GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

First half was ok, we were pressing, winning the ball in right areas, had a couple of chances and were let down by the final ball. But a good platform to build on. Second half, start in the same vein, put in a really aggressive press, they beat it countered and scored a very good goal, from that point the confidence drained out of us and we didn’t look likely until the last 5 mins with the Holmes effort (good save by Hamer, not routine by any stretch) and Clarke hitting the post. But 30 mins had preceded that where we didn’t threaten once. You also have to question his subs, taking Shinnie and Buchanan off were the wrong calls, should’ve been Bird (who struggled all night) and Byrne.

Really feel for Cocu, with Lawrence Jozwiak and Waggy there were some good signs tonight, bring Ibe and Sibley into the mix we will improve and Bird with some more time out of the team to reflect will come again and show himself to be a decent player. But......

Its now W1 L5, results have to turn soon, this cannot go on. Forest is arguably one of the easier games in this run coming up. If we lose Friday you really fear for Cocu and if Mel pulled the trigger then he couldn’t really have any complaints.

I feel we’re approaching where we were at before the Wigan game after being spanked by Reading, we got a lucky 1-1 and then 2 massive wins against Charlton and Barnsley, if Cocu had lost those he might have gone. 

These games coming up are humongous now and will determine Cocu’s future either way.

30 minutes ago, tinman said:

They scored and then brought on an extra defender, went defensive, and played for the one nil and tried to hit on the counter attack. 

Meanwhile, our main attacking threat had to go off after an hour because he's been out injured for 3 months and was knackered. 

Really don’t seem fair that, can we appeal?!

26 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

A lot of players are expecting others to put in the hard yards and it’s not good enough, watching Huddersfield battle and organise themselves whilst ours play act  like schoolboys.

I don’t blame Cocu, in my opinion it’s the players who aren’t willing to stand up and be counted

You don’t blame Cocu? Why bother with a manager then? ?

?????. Yeah, not toss at all are we. 

Marshall - ok

Byrne- toss

Buchanan- toss

Clarke- toss

Wisdom- toss

Davies- too old so toss

Knight- runs alot but toss

Bird- gone toss

Shinnie - toss

Jowiack - toss from the limited games hes played

Lawrence - best player we've got but gets the most stick?!?!?!

Cocu - absolutely 100% incredibly toss. How do you come to the conclusion that playing zero centre forwards when we haven't got a player available that's scored a goal, is a good idea? It's a joke. I keep reading, "it's all down to injuries". Rubbish. Blackburn had there best players out and had us for 4, preston made 11 changes and did us. Sack him, quickly. Hi bullies 

?. Look who was right ?

13 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Cocu is first team coach, not manager. Whether he has the final say I don't know. He wouldn't be the first coach to be given players to work with that he didn't personally recruit. 

Generally speaking I think our recruitment over the last 5 years has been appalling, so Cocu wouldn't be my first port of criticism when it comes to criticising signings.

How they perform is very much within his remit though and at the moment as a team we aren't performing. 

Coach or manger ...they’re the ones who say yes or no to a player 

a recruitment team identifies players based on what the manger /coach requires they then present their results to him 

he then says I would like , him him or him 

the director of football or chief exec go and Try and  broker The deal 

Phil decides 

there are factors such as financial restrictions to consider granted but rest assured pc has the final say on who he brings in 

It’s his neck on the line and is what a manger / coach is paid to do 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

You must remember Wisdom's shot??

He got shot! How much bad luck can one fella have?

Watching it I wished I was a kid again, I'd have just took a ball out in the garden and had fun.

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

First half was ok, we were pressing, winning the ball in right areas, had a couple of chances and were let down by the final ball. But a good platform to build on. Second half, start in the same vein, put in a really aggressive press, they beat it countered and scored a very good goal, from that point the confidence drained out of us and we didn’t look likely until the last 5 mins with the Holmes effort (good save by Hamer, not routine by any stretch) and Clarke hitting the post. But 30 mins had preceded that where we didn’t threaten once. You also have to question his subs, taking Shinnie and Buchanan off were the wrong calls, should’ve been Bird (who struggled all night) and Byrne.

Really feel for Cocu, with Lawrence Jozwiak and Waggy there were some good signs tonight, bring Ibe and Sibley into the mix we will improve and Bird with some more time out of the team to reflect will come again and show himself to be a decent player. But......

Its now W1 L5, results have to turn soon, this cannot go on. Forest is arguably one of the easier games in this run coming up. If we lose Friday you really fear for Cocu and if Mel pulled the trigger then he couldn’t really have any complaints.

I feel we’re approaching where we were at before the Wigan game after being spanked by Reading, we got a lucky 1-1 and then 2 massive wins against Charlton and Barnsley, if Cocu had lost those he might have gone. 

These games coming up are humongous now and will determine Cocu’s future either way.

Agree with all of that, sensible post, keeping a level head. 

I do find it amusing the number of people who were willing to stick with him before the match, and probably were quite hopeful at half time, maybe even reasonably pleased with the performance (read the thread!)... 45 minutes later the tipping point has been reached and now they've absolutely had enough.

What worries me most about cocus sides 

mans tbh it doesn’t matter who he’s got leading the line 

We don’t get bodied into the box, how many times do we actually get more than 2-3 bodies in there prior to the stage of the game where were chasing it Cos were losing 

that’s what I find my biggest frustration, u don’t get bodies int the box u don’t score goals end of story it’s a simple fundamental that has been absent from day one 

Archived