Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

Blokes chances his arm, we’ve had an horrific start to the season and our next 3 games are Forest, Cardiff & Bournemouth. It’s highly likely we’re going to lose all 3 so of course it’s imminent. Wayne’s got to self isolate until after the Cardiff game so he’s not going to be taking over until then anyway.

I know it’s likely that WR will get the gig but please don’t do it Mel, nobody I’ve spoke to would want him. We’ve had the ex England legend rookie manager before, were in absolute poo state, we’re going to need an experienced manager to sort this mess out.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Blokes chances his arm, we’ve had an horrific start to the season and our next 3 games are Forest, Cardiff & Bournemouth. It’s highly likely we’re going to lose all 3 so of course it’s imminent. Wayne’s got to self isolate until after the Cardiff game so he’s not going to be taking over until then anyway.

I know it’s likely that WR will get the gig but please don’t do it Mel, nobody I’ve spoke to would want him. We’ve had the ex England legend rookie manager before, were in absolute poo state, we’re going to need an experienced manager to sort this mess out.

If and I say If Mel fires Cocu. The CHEAP option sadly, would be to replace him with Rooney. How ever if he does do this I will probably give up as it would show a total lack of nounce with regards to running a football club. It looks good on paper, throwing all your money at it but then make fundamental mistakes with the management of it.

We all know Rooney would go the same way as Lampard IF he has a reasonable response from the team.

(Being a successful businessman, does not mean you can run a country - if you know what I mean).

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If and I say If Mel fires Cocu. The CHEAP option sadly, would be to replace him with Rooney. How ever if he does do this I will probably give up as it would show a total lack of nounce with regards to running a football club. It looks good on paper, throwing all your money at it but then make fundamental mistakes with the management of it.

We all know Rooney would go the same way as Lampard IF he has a reasonable response from the team.

(Being a successful businessman, does not mean you can run a country - if you know what I mean).

You have to say that after his trigger happy years the last 3 appointments at face value were good appointments 2 of which were poached from us. A lot of people at the time thought it was a serious coup that we’d managed to get somebody of Cocu’s stature in as manager, it’s not quite working out as hoped though. 

But to go from a Cocus here for the long term, he’s building the club from the bottom up, placing faith in youngsters, here’s a 4 year contract to then give it to an unqualified Wayne Rooney would be the most reckless decision he’s made IMO.

25 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I suspect that the cheap option would be Gary Bowyer. Cocu and his coaches could be put on gardening leave. Bowyer could step up for the rest of the season (maybe double his current wages) with Given and Rosnier assisting.

Rooney would, I imagine, want a new contract and several new coaches. 

Promoting Wassall is also a cheap option, but that would be more disruption to youngsters, so I'd say Bowyer is the best bet if money is really tight.

God damn I need to vent about this sheeeiiiiiit.

This is why I never wanted Rooney. 

If he's manoeuvring for the job, it doesn't matter whether we win tonight or not, Phil's ducked. 

Talking to senior players about who his coaches might be? If that's true then he should be sacked. There's no coming back from that.

And if Rooney gets the job, then Mel is mad.

This whole ducking circus is mad.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I've not seen one poster support the idea of Rooney as manager of Derby County. If this happened then could it be the most unpopular appointment made since... perhaps Tommy Docherty?

No, No, No.

Tommy Docherty was seen a good appointment at the time

8 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Seems entirely plausible to me. There’s never smoke without fire. 
Of even more concern is the potential points deduction that could be an absolute disaster. 

And these articles are written purely for gullible people like you. There doesn't have to be smoke for these journalists to come up with their crap. Just enough people dumb enough to believe it long enough to click on or spread the story so the advertisers are happy. 

12 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

God damn I need to vent about this sheeeiiiiiit.

This is why I never wanted Rooney. 

If he's manoeuvring for the job, it doesn't matter whether we win tonight or not, Phil's ducked. 

Talking to senior players about who his coaches might be? If that's true then he should be sacked. There's no coming back from that.

And if Rooney gets the job, then Mel is mad.

This whole ducking circus is mad.

If it happens, I am taking a break from Derby. Whether you are a Cocu fan or not  I would find it disgraceful.

I can't believe it be true.

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

doesn't read as balanced journalism. Absolute hack-job and to put a race-argument in ther too is absolutely despicable.

What has Les Ferdinand complaining that a black coach didn't get the same chance as Lampard got to do with anything? Go to Abramovic and moan as Lampard is there now!

Saying that Rooney being an unqualified white coach over a qualified Black coach (Rosenior) is basically discrimation on Derby's part, even though it hasn't happened, made me puke in my throat in rage.

Maybe there's some confusion about the 'Rooney rule' for hiring managers. 

42 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I suspect that the cheap option would be Gary Bowyer. Cocu and his coaches could be put on gardening leave. Bowyer could step up for the rest of the season (maybe double his current wages) with Given and Rosnier assisting.

Rooney would, I imagine, want a new contract and several new coaches. 

Promoting Wassall is also a cheap option, but that would be more disruption to youngsters, so I'd say Bowyer is the best bet if money is really tight.

Gary Bowyer...really?

Matt Hughes is an awful journalist, but I fear that article has been written based on a small percentage of truth and the rest made up.

I fear the truthful bit in the whole article is Rooney sounding out back room staff, if he has been talking to potential candidates or telling players who he would want, then agents would find out and before long someone would talk to the media.

I hope I'm wrong. It wouldnt sit right with me that our captain is sat waiting for his boss to be sacked so he can take the seat.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Matt Hughes is an awful journalist, but I fear that article has been written based on a small percentage of truth and the rest made up.

I fear the truthful bit in the whole article is Rooney sounding out back room staff, if he has been talking to potential candidates or telling players who he would want, then agents would find out and before long someone would talk to the media.

I hope I'm wrong. It wouldnt sit right with me that our captain is sat waiting for his boss to be sacked so he can take the seat.

Those absolutely awful free kicks and corners plus the loss of Wayne for several games through an " accidental " liaison would be highly suspicious to a cynical mind wouldn't they.

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It’s inevitable, so it’s an easy story to write. However, the tidbit about Rooney sounding out coaches already isn’t good to see. We obviously don’t know how true it is, could be baalocks, but if there is anything in it then it doesn’t sit right with me.  

If Rooney intends a career as a manager, when he retires from playing, why shouldn’t he network for people he can work with in the future?

11 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Just got round to reading the DM article. He's just thrown as much poo at the club as possible so that if any of it comes to pass, he can claim a scoop.

and with that much poo, he will need to claim a big scoop ?

Archived