Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney may prove himself to be a good manager - this is true.

The assumption that it would be a disaster is not without reasoning, of course.

1. We are in a difficult position for someone starting their first job in management.

2. Rooney is unqualified for the job.

3. Rooney’s knowledge of the Championship and what works in this division is not evident, otherwise surely he would be advising Cocu.

4. It’s too calculated and not organic in the slightest. It appears Cocu in his attempts to do the job to the best of his ability has clearly and openly been undermined.

5. We need a clean break. Why would we appoint someone that has been heavily involved in the current first team set up and the current failure to get results?

6. If any of the article is true, it would suggest we have major problems behind the scenes and a deeply unhealthy club culture.

7. We need to claim our club back. I am tired of being a vehicle for high profile former players to advance their careers when those same individuals behave with little regard for the club, and only have their own interests at heart.

8. I am tired of scandals, controversies and media frenzies. I am tired of being Today’s Top Story FC.

9. It all comes across as very unsavoury. Imagine if Rooney came in and there was a sudden upturn in results. We’d then be asking questions of the players, the owner, and Rooney himself.

10. Someone close to the club is feeding the media information and destabilising the club. What’s stopping them from doing so again?

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Rooney may prove himself to be a good manager - this is true.

The assumption that it would be a disaster is not without reasoning, of course.

1. We are in a difficult position for someone starting their first job in management.

2. Rooney is unqualified for the job.

3. Rooney’s knowledge of the Championship and what works in this division is not evident, otherwise surely he would be advising Cocu.

4. It’s too calculated and not organic in the slightest. It appears Cocu in his attempts to do the job to the best of his ability has clearly and openly been undermined.

5. We need a clean break. Why would we appoint someone that has been heavily involved in the current first team set up and the current failure to get results?

6. If any of the article is true, it would suggest we have major problems behind the scenes and a deeply unhealthy club culture.

7. We need to claim our club back. I am tired of being a vehicle for high profile former players to advance their careers when those same individuals behave with little regard for the club, and only have their own interests at heart.

8. I am tired of scandals, controversies and media frenzies. I am tired of being Today’s Top Story FC.

9. It all comes across as very unsavoury. Imagine if Rooney came in and there was a sudden upturn in results. We’d then be asking questions of the players, the owner, and Rooney himself.

10. Someone close to the club is feeding the media information and destabilising the club. What’s stopping them from doing so again?

I still don't see this in reality being the case (point 10,the rest I agree with totally)....no-one really profits from that sort of thing and they will be in massive trouble for instigating it,when found out.

Very little surprises me though nowadays when Derby county are involved....and it's rare for it to be purely football related sadly.

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am tired of being a vehicle for high profile former players to advance their careers when those same individuals behave with little regard for the club, and only have their own interests at heart.

Lol. It’s only happened once! 

Rooney wouldn't be my first choice to take over but writing him off & saying he isn't qualified for the job is a bit harsh 

What makes him qualified ?‍♂️ UEFA A license ?‍♂️ its a coaching badge. He can bring coaches to coach & he can manage. The manager of our local non league club has a UEFA A. Does that make them more suited to the job than Rooney ?‍♂️ im not having it that the coaching badges mean too much when you have played at Rooney's level & are more of a formality. 

He has played under arguably the best manager ever & some of the best coaches. Appreciate that so have other former players & some have suceeded & some have failed so it doesn't matter. 

Not sure what makes him a bad candidate. Is it the constantly saying urm in interviews or that the media have made him seem a bit 'thick'.

Thing is he has been in football all his life and understands the industry. Football wise he's probably very intelligent & in other normal working industries he probably wouldn't be. Thing is im not bothered if the media think he's thick he doesn't need a degree & to be good at their job he just needs to be good at his job. Or if reports are to be believed phillip cocu's job 

If Mel is actually stupid enough to sack Cocu, and we have to appoint from inside the club, there are two options i’d go for.

Wassall

Rosenior

NOT ROONEY.

If we go external i’d atleast try and entice Marcelino (although that would be unrealistic), or, duck it. Mac 3.

However I’m Cocu in. Will be hugely disappointed with the club if we was to sack him now.

Archived