Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tinman said:

Let's see, the morning of another big match and there's more negative unsettling newspaper stories being published.

Its all very obvious it's someone mischeif making

That's a option definitely but in view of the situation we find ourselves in,on the eve of another big game against our deadly rivals,there would inevitably be this level of debate in the footballing world and press.

We are entirely ripe for it.

4 minutes ago, tinman said:

Let's see, the morning of another big match and there's more negative unsettling newspaper stories being published.

Whilst I have no proof, its hard to look beyond someone connected to Rooney.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If Rooney intends a career as a manager, when he retires from playing, why shouldn’t he network for people he can work with in the future?

Because it’s highly disrespectful to do so while we have a manager in place - Rooney’s entire focus should be on improving the fortunes of the team on the pitch.

Can you not see that Rooney wanting to replace Cocu as manager, and therefore sounding out his pals to become his staff, isn’t synonymous with Derby winning games under Cocu. Not that I think this drivel article has much reality.

Come on Roy, I know you are in the “Cocu out” camp, for want of a better term, but if you can’t see this then it does nothing but undermine your own argument

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Those absolutely awful free kicks and corners plus the loss of Wayne for several games through an " accidental " liaison would be highly suspicious to a cynical mind wouldn't they.

I still say that I cannot for the life of me understand why Ton Lawrence insisted on smashing the ball so far from the corners and the free kicks were awful.

I cant believe that professional players would deliberately lose though, surely? You would think they all want promotion to the premier league and quick.

But, it could explain why we didnt sign any more players as was expected, Rooney would need his own budget in Jan.

11 minutes ago, tinman said:

It's like shooting fish in a barrel and entirely predictable given where we are, a situation we have created may I add not the media. It's nothing that's not already been debated on here this week - poor start by Cocu, local Derby game coming up against a team also struggling, owner with a history of bulleting managers.

Don't need to have a doctorate in journalism to put together the scenarios.

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Because it’s highly disrespectful to do so while we have a manager in place - Rooney’s entire focus should be on improving the fortunes of the team on the pitch.

Can you not see that Rooney wanting to replace Cocu as manager, and therefore sounding out his pals to become his staff, isn’t synonymous with Derby winning games under Cocu. Not that I think this drivel article has much reality.

Come on Roy, I know you are in the “Cocu out” camp, for want of a better term, but if you can’t see this then it does nothing but undermine your own argument

It’s not disrespectful except if it is in relation to the Derby job. Rooney is also a coach here. So there might indeed be elements of truth in the article - that is what makes such things believable. The best way for this gossip to be stopped is for Cocu to improve the team’s performance.

edit - the elements being networking with other coaches.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I still say that I cannot for the life of me understand why Ton Lawrence insisted on smashing the ball so far from the corners and the free kicks were awful.

I cant believe that professional players would deliberately lose though, surely? You would think they all want promotion to the premier league and quick.

But, it could explain why we didnt sign any more players as was expected, Rooney would need his own budget in Jan.

Again,a cynical.mind might wonder if they think the current manager will get them there?

All tosh and nonsense obviously but it's a weird world out there and not everyone wears a white hat when there's agendas to be fulfilled.

It always amazes me how many Derby fans are so quick to suck up this crap and accept it as being true or even partially true, yet the same people would laugh off anything written that is positive about the club.

But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when you have Derby fans hoping Marriott scores loads of goals for Sheff Wed just to prove Derby are wrong.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It always amazes me how many Derby fans are so quick to suck up this crap and accept it as being true or even partially true, yet the same people would laugh off anything written that is positive about the club.

But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when you Derby fans hoping Marriott scores loads of goals for Sheff Wed just to prove Derby are wrong.

Doesn't look likely tho,so I think we are safe there mate.

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

The trouble is that this was always going to be the danger making someone like Rooney player-coach.

It was always going to be a question of how long before he lost interest in carting himself around on the pitch and set his sights on the top job?

We should have never signed him in the first place. For what good he might do, it’s outweighed by the circus that comes along with it.

100% agree. This kind of thing is why I didn't want him here in the first place. But people are getting what they wanted - remember everyone saying Rooney would be a good signing because it would lift the profile of the club and get us in the papers more? Wish granted.

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Yeh this boggle my mind too

We know the DM writes tosh - They're been proven to have done time and time again - The whole series of articles about the size of fine we were gonna get and the definite points deductions - Never mind the nonsense they write about other clubs. sport and the world in general - They print blatant lies on their front page and still people lap it up

And then the "no smoke without fire" crowd gets involved - It's just not true - There are plenty of things which could look like smoke without being a fire - And we're not even talking about ACTUAL smoke here - There is a dude who makes stuff up for a living claiming there's smoke - And people on here say "well this dude has seen smoke so there must be smoke and if there's smoke there must be a fire"

This dude has no idea what Rooney is or isn't doing - He has no idea what Mel is or isn't doing - He has no idea what Cocu is or isn't doing - He is just making stuff up cos he gets paid to write clickbait 

15 minutes ago, ossieram said:

But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when you have Derby fans hoping Marriott scores loads of goals for Sheff Wed just to prove Derby are wrong.

And Derby fans hoping Mel sells the club to SISU to prove them wrong. 

1 minute ago, DC-1975 said:

I'm sure if you write a book, you need to reference the source of the information. Why not in a newspaper article?

Not true. Johnny Giles sued the backside off David Peace for his references to him in his book The Damned United just as an example.

If you're talking about writing a University thesis then absolutely yes. 

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Playing devils advocate here BUT interested as to why everyone thinks Rooney would make a bad manager? Is it his awkward interviews?

You're right in a way but would you take someone on as manager at work with no proven track record? 

The seeds of recovery are showing and it's amazing how a win can boost confidence and get players back in form. 

If we lose tonight then there will be a greater clamour for Cocu to go. 

We all have high regard for our players and questions would be asked as to how we have lost so many games. 

If he does go (and I hope he doesn't) there should be a proper interview process and the right candidate selected. 

I just don't see how Rooney would get the job in that situation. 

Archived