Rooney manager. John Gregory assistant.

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before that story, it was all looking good.

We'd had a good window, signed some exciting players (Jozwiak, Ibe and Duncan) along with established players (Marshall, Byrne).

We'd got our first win of the season.

This story breaks, we miss out on Harry Wilson. Few can see that we can only afford CKR as CF even though he might do a job for us.

It seems Rooney - or someone connected - is trying to undermine Cocu.

Now, Marriott may be going aswell.

It has the feeling that things are starting to fall apart.

Bugger.

52 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Before that story, it was all looking good.

We'd had a good window, signed some exciting players (Jozwiak, Ibe and Duncan) along with established players (Marshall, Byrne).

We'd got our first win of the season.

This story breaks, we miss out on Harry Wilson. Few can see that we can only afford CKR as CF even though he might do a job for us.

It seems Rooney - or someone connected - is trying to undermine Cocu.

Now, Marriott may be going aswell.

It has the feeling that things are starting to fall apart.

Bugger.

Watched Cocu's interview and I'm ready to go again.

COYR ?

12 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

The bra Wayne's wearing. Do you reckon he nicked it from that granny he "met" to keep as a memento?

Dunna be daft...if he had been we would all be commenting on how nice his new knee pads look.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8869479/Phillip-Cocus-exit-Derby-imminent-Wayne-Rooney-taking-Pride-Park.html

Another example of the media unashamedly trying to destabilise the club again less than 24 hours before a game.

Classless beyond belief.

Should we win tomorrow night, I hope Cocu does a full lap of the stadium with a finger over his lips silencing those crummy media types in attendance.

He may not be doing the best of jobs, but he doesn’t deserve this.

I could understand the media feeding the frenzy if fans actually wanted to see Rooney as manager.

If they were actually paying attention, they’d know that 98% of fans think that Rooney would be a comical appointment and a disaster waiting to happen.

So where is this coming from?

Fantastic player on his day, legend of the game, but if I was making a shortlist to replace Cocu, I am not even sure Rooney would be favoured over Sue in HR.

It’s inevitable, so it’s an easy story to write. However, the tidbit about Rooney sounding out coaches already isn’t good to see. We obviously don’t know how true it is, could be baalocks, but if there is anything in it then it doesn’t sit right with me.  

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s inevitable, so it’s an easy story to write. However, the tidbit about Rooney sounding out coaches already isn’t good to see. We obviously don’t know how true it is, could be baalocks, but if there is anything in it then it doesn’t sit right with me.  

Fook him off, not Cocu.

Although my mate sent me a picture of the new look home dugout, cunningly not seen on RamsTV, which doesn't allay my fears.

d593c090264ebd927f4de02723c219ea.thumb.jpg.0a0d754c25d3ea8a30ac57babd70cb46.jpg

The trouble is that this was always going to be the danger making someone like Rooney player-coach.

It was always going to be a question of how long before he lost interest in carting himself around on the pitch and set his sights on the top job?

We should have never signed him in the first place. For what good he might do, it’s outweighed by the circus that comes along with it.

Archived