Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

3 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

As an accountant I once heard (maybe in a lecture) you should lease (loan) things that depreciate in value and buy things that go up or hold their value.

I suppose the clever bit is knowing which players will go up in value and which will tank

Oh for a crystal ball - or maybe a good scout ?

You can lease a crystal ball from crystalballsRUS

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I would love to have Wilson back, but it does leave me in a position where I can't for the life of me figure out our XI

If we play a 3 in midfield he would slot in on the right of the three, I always thought that was his best position under lampards team.
If he plays winger it just gives us 4 really good wingers in Lawrence Ibe Jozwiak and Wilson. WBA had exactly that last year.
personally with those four playing I’m sure waghorn, Marriott and Rooney could do the forward role we’ll enough.  

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

it is, with a loan you do not own a players contract and are developing  someone else's talent, with the other you own the contract and could sell him for more or at least get a return

Whilst I agree. High quality loans have a History of getting teams out of the league by getting someone in you couldn’t otherwise buy. There’s also less risk of loosing substantial transfer fees. 
The key thing really is to get the balance right, if we have 1-2 really good loans and the rest of the players own it works. Especially if we do well off the back of those players playing well, it can inflate the price of the players that we own too. 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

There were several games where he was the only difference between the two sides - Where we were bang average all game and his goals made the difference - However they're scored it's those players we need more of (still)

Swansea and Reading at home and Sheff Weds away jump out from memory but I could be wrong?

Yes, his wand if a left foot and usually excellent end product was a massive boon for us that season. His 15 goals prove that, his 3 assists on the other hand reinforce my point that he doesn't offer enough from general play. For a midfielder/winger who was our star player, I'd expect more assists than that but this is because as I stated, apart from scoring, I don't remember him offering much else and when he didn't score, he usually looked ineffective ie. playoff final

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

You know full well he’s tricky, quick and creative ? I don’t know why you try to argue against it. He would improve is a hell of a lot and is better than most players in our squad. I would describe mount and Wilson both being “tricky” doesn’t mean they are going to fly past 10 opposition players. It’s the fact they are extremely difficult to play against. Difficult to mark, difficult to follow, difficult to stop and difficult to keep up with 

Well no I don't, which is why I'm asking for examples. I don't think Villa found Wilson particularly difficult to mark, in fact they totally silenced him in the final. I just need some clips of him beating his man because it could just be my memory but I always thought he should offer more from open play. 

Anyone else wondering how we afford the supposed multi million loan offer we’ve submitted for him according to some reports? Alongside being back in for Zohore who’s on big wages? 

Just makes me wonder if we’ve accepted a big money offer for Sibley in principle of securing these other targets? It could also all be none sense...

Get him in. Send Whittaker out on loan. Flo jo to leave and if a striker comes in this is by far our best transfer window since we signed the four pillars of success... Eddie Lewis, Andy Griffin, Andy Todd and Claude davies. 

2 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Anyone else wondering how we afford the supposed multi million loan offer we’ve submitted for him according to some reports? Alongside being back in for Zohore who’s on big wages? 

Just makes me wonder if we’ve accepted a big money offer for Sibley in principle of securing these other targets? It could also all be none sense...

We have played hard ball over fees recently with the jozwiak saga and the reported bids turned down for dursun, so does make you wonder where we get 3million for a loan from,  if any of this is true mind 

5 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

We offered 3m for Jozwiak before we sold Bogle & Lowe so in theory we have only used 1m of the Bogle/Lowe money on Jozwiak if we already had 3m to bid before sales

Wilson played in 35 games in the Premier League scoring 7 goals last year.

If this was the record of any player, we'd be crying out to have them.

Agree with Jozwiak, Lawrence, Ibe, Sibley it makes us 'Rich' in that position. Plus we still don't know what formation we're going to play.

4-3-3 (unlikely), 4-2-3-1 or 5-4-1 (or whatever we call wing backs these days) but this latter formation gives even less of a chance. It basically only leaves two positions on the pitch for these types of players.

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Yes, his wand if a left foot and usually excellent end product was a massive boon for us that season. His 15 goals prove that, his 3 assists on the other hand reinforce my point that he doesn't offer enough from general play. For a midfielder/winger who was our star player, I'd expect more assists than that but this is because as I stated, apart from scoring, I don't remember him offering much else and when he didn't score, he usually looked ineffective ie. playoff final

Well no I don't, which is why I'm asking for examples. I don't think Villa found Wilson particularly difficult to mark, in fact they totally silenced him in the final. I just need some clips of him beating his man because it could just be my memory but I always thought he should offer more from open play. 

Just because Villa silenced him doesn’t mean he’s not a good player ?. Teams silence the likes of the messis and ronaldos of this world, are they not good players. I’ve already stated what I mean by tricky. Doesn’t mean he beats every man in every game does it, I said he’s tricky to mark and to handle. Showing that with his goals for us during that season. He’s scored goals in the premier league for Christ sake ? but because he’s not “tricky” in your book and Villa silenced him then he wouldn’t be a good addition 

Archived