Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Bryson was out injured as well and we had Holmes in central midfield - enough said probably?

Not really. Bryson featured in the first 5 of those games (although wasn't massively important to us under Lampard anyway) & Holmes was in good form.

It's a risk, no matter his goals/assists record in 2018/19 - remember even with his contribution, and Mount's, we still only just scraped into the playoffs that season.

We could easily see chuck away £2m and have nothing to show for it.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Not really. Bryson featured in the first 5 of those games (although wasn't massively important to us under Lampard anyway) & Holmes was in good form.

It's a risk, no matter his goals/assists record in 2018/19 - remember even with his contribution, and Mount's we only scraped into the playoffs that season.

It was entertaining though! Anyway we had players who were new some worked some didn’t - Wilson worked and took the pressure off Lawrence whilst Marriott looked decent at times 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Swansea have started really well - 3 wins in their first 4 games. Defensively, they're excellent too. I really think this would put them in the discussion for the top 2. He would be an incredible signing for them, as he would be for anyone in this league, but Swansea in particular have the most to benefit from this signing. 

Yes but no one can visit wales so they shouldn’t be allowed to play ?

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It's a risk, no matter his goals/assists record in 2018/19 - remember even with his contribution, and Mount's, we still only just scraped into the playoffs that season.

We could easily see chuck away £2m and have nothing to show for it.

Is Harry the new T Ince ?

Any guesses on the signing reveal video?

Louie Sibley in the Moor Farm car park putting Elland Road into his sat-nav.

Then he hears a knock on the window.

He rolls the window down to see Harry Wilson in full Derby gear.

Harry pokes his head through the window and says ‘Where do you think you’re going?’

Perfection.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Any guesses on the signing reveal video?

Louie Sibley in the Moor Farm car park putting Elland Road into his sat-nav.

Then he hears a knock on the window.

He rolls the window down to see Harry Wilson in full Derby gear.

Harry pokes his head through the window and says ‘Where do you think you’re going?’

Perfection.

If the email about kits I just got from the club is anything to go by, it'll be a major surprise if they spell everything right.

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Swansea have started really well - 3 wins in their first 4 games. Defensively, they're excellent too. I really think this would put them in the discussion for the top 2. He would be an incredible signing for them, as he would be for anyone in this league, but Swansea in particular have the most to benefit from this signing. 

I’ve only seen the game against Wycombe, who are probably the worst side to ever play in the second division. They looked good first half, were garbage second half and nearly let Wycombe back in it. Still, that’s probably promotion contender stuff this season. The lad on loan from wolves looked a very good player.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If reports are true that Liverpool have turned down an offer from Swansea as financially unacceptable it makes you wonder just what Liverpool are looking for by way of a loan fee. I would assume Swansea are not cash-strapped since they still receive parachute payments, had reported fees of £15m & £17m for James and McBurnie and now look like there's strong interest in Rodon and possibly Ayew.

I hope Mel Morris won't be tempted into splashing out an exorbitant loan fee and leave us with little or no budget left to invest in the type of striker Cocu feels we need.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If reports are true that Liverpool have turned down an offer from Swansea as financially unacceptable it makes you wonder just what Liverpool are looking for by way of a loan fee. I would assume Swansea are not cash-strapped since they still receive parachute payments, had reported fees of £15m & £17m for James and McBurnie and now look like there's strong interest in Rodon and possibly Ayew.

I hope Mel Morris won't be tempted into splashing out an exorbitant loan fee and leave us with little or no budget left to invest in the type of striker Cocu feels we need.

Liverpool are looking for £1 million plus - make of that what you want!

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agreed although Wilson is quality,  a striker is more important and I feel like we would still struggle for goals having injury prone strikers not fit but 17 wingers to fit in  ?

Wilson is an interesting one and like others have suggested it might indicate that we've decided to go a different route after deals for strikers haven't materialsed, which personally I don't mind as at a certain down the striker list you've got to think "are we better waiting?". 

Wilson makes a lot of sense as a target I think for a few reasons but predominantly because he's the sort of player that can turn the decent positions and good territory we often work into goals. Last year we had a fair few games where we were firmly in control of the game didn't capitilise, you'd think with Wilson that becomes a different story. Make no mistake if you play Wilson as a #10 and give him a full season he could well break 20 for the season. 

The other side of this that is interesting to me is where do we play him and how do others fit in? He predominantly played on the wing for us in his first spell but personally I thought his better all round games came playing as one of the 3 in midfield and (like I suggested above) it's really not difficult to imagine him at #10. This move could indicate that we are thinking of shifting to 433 with Wilson in the middle with perhaps Rooney continuing up front. 

It could also mean that at some point in the season we think about deploying a team without a traditional striker and more relying on a fluid interchanging 3/4 players to unlock teams.

If nothing else between Wilson and Rooney we might not need to score from open play anymore. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Liverpool are looking for £1 million plus - make of that what you want!

If that's anywhere near the mark, if you were a Swansea fan you'd be wondering, given their financial status, why on earth spend the £1m to further strengthen their squad.

It doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Agreed although Wilson is quality,  a striker is more important and I feel like we would still struggle for goals having injury prone strikers not fit but 17 wingers to fit in  ?

Zoon on near £1 million a year so just offer Pool £1 million for one year loan for Harry and hope for the best. 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

If that's anywhere near the mark, if you were a Swansea fan you'd be wondering, given their financial status, why on earth spend the £1m to further strengthen their squad.

It doesn't make sense.

They haven’t got the money ? 

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It doesn't make sense.

Rams would be worth watching and be the fastest team in Derby.

Archived