Harry Wilson - gone to Cardiff on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

In the driving seat from a football perspective? What on earth he is insinuating? 

A very pro-Swansea way of saying they are favourably seen because of the development of Brewster, it’s a common trend with journalists to word something incredibly badly wherever possible.

From an actual football perspective Derby are at least 50/50’ with Swansea without considering the development factor of Rooney/Cocu and that he will be settled here. 

Without overly considering the financials we are the move that makes most sense for him, Liverpool and Derby 

I must say I'm surprised Swansea haven't got this one over the line. He could well be the difference for them. If I was on their board, and this opportunity presented itself considering their position and their potential, I get this done.

Wilson does have flaws to his game, potentially flaws that he will never be able to iron out, but the one thing he's proven at both levels is that he can score goals - and often the goals are made by himself. It means he's a matchwinner at this level, for Swansea I would say he would possibly be the difference between a top 6 and top 2 finish. I think for us, he gives us a better chance to finish in the top 6. 

It would be great to have him back, but Swansea have completely dropped a baalock on this one! 

49 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You've got to ask yourself whether you think we've got a realistic chance of reaching the play-offs and being promoted this season, whether or not you can justify paying £2-3m for a player, for one season, and whether they themselves would be the difference between you making it or not.

We know what he can do, but we also know that in the spell where Mount was injured he struggled to make a big difference to the team. Mount was out after Accrington on 26th Jan & returned 30th March - Wilson played 10 games in that time without scoring and we only won 2 of the games.

Circumstantial evidence, yes, but there's no point blowing £2-3m if we end the season in 10th place and he's taken an opportunity away from one of our own young players.

Bryson was out injured as well and we had Holmes in central midfield - enough said probably?

50 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You've got to ask yourself whether you think we've got a realistic chance of reaching the play-offs and being promoted this season, whether or not you can justify paying £2-3m for a player, for one season, and whether they themselves would be the difference between you making it or not.

We know what he can do, but we also know that in the spell where Mount was injured he struggled to make a big difference to the team. Mount was out after Accrington on 26th Jan & returned 30th March - Wilson played 10 games in that time without scoring and we only won 2 of the games.

Circumstantial evidence, yes, but there's no point blowing £2-3m if we end the season in 10th place and he's taken an opportunity away from one of our own young players.

I think he could be worth it - set pieces alone - great if this happens 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I must say I'm surprised Swansea haven't got this one over the line. He could well be the difference for them. If I was on their board, and this opportunity presented itself considering their position and their potential, I get this done.

Wilson does have flaws to his game, potentially flaws that he will never be able to iron out, but the one thing he's proven at both levels is that he can score goals - and often the goals are made by himself. It means he's a matchwinner at this level, for Swansea I would say he would possibly be the difference between a top 6 and top 2 finish. I think for us, he gives us a better chance to finish in the top 6. 

It would be great to have him back, but Swansea have completely dropped a baalock on this one! 

especially as it looks like Andre Ayew may make a late move to a prem club. If they're going to lose him, Wilson would be the perfect replacement. They may well go back in yet if the Ayew move comes to fruition 

Just now, Sparkle said:

How rude - we may well have not been ripping it up football wise but neither have Swansea 

Swansea have started really well - 3 wins in their first 4 games. Defensively, they're excellent too. I really think this would put them in the discussion for the top 2. He would be an incredible signing for them, as he would be for anyone in this league, but Swansea in particular have the most to benefit from this signing. 

Archived