Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

I'm not saying he'll leave, I'm just saying it's probably more likely than we think. The contract renewal just means we'll get more money for him. 

just personally can't see him leave us this early into his first team career, for a team whom lets be honest we aren't that fond of, especially as a Derby fan... I believe we could see him leave maybe next summer, for a team challenging for top 6 however I don't feel that moving this early in his career would first of all, be beneficial for him, and second of all, be something that he would want to do

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Not really. Lowe was out of contract next year, also we'd had low bids for him in the past, so that would've been not much at all. 

Percy won't want to lose his contact with Mel, so he'll relay what he's been told by Mel. Mel also know fans will kick off if we said we sold Bogle and Lowe for £6m combined. We're skint and we were even more skint before the sale of those 2. Why did it come out later that it was a lot lower than the £11m and why did Wilder say it was also lower than the speculated fee? Because it was.

Wilder would say it was lower than what it was for the same reasons you are speculating, and that’s all you are doing, that Mel would say it was more. Out of nothing but self interest.

In fact, he is far more likely to. Mel wouldn’t want Derby fans to feel it’s too low a fee, correct, but he also wouldn’t want selling clubs to think we’ve more cash than we actually do. 

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Wilder would say it was lower than what it was for the same reasons you are speculating, and that’s all you are doing, that Mel would say it was more. Out of nothing but self interest.

In fact, he is far more likely to. Mel wouldn’t want Derby fans to feel it’s too low a fee, correct, but he also wouldn’t want selling clubs to think we’ve more cash than we actually do. 

We had no wiggle room in negotiations. Everyone knew we were skint. No one else came in for Bogle, Sheff Utd knew we couldn't afford anyone unless we sold. The £11m is likely what the fee is after every add-on possible. People within the football world will know it's not £11m.

Pretty sure most clubs in the Premier League would want to sign someone like Louie Sibley. Not sure many, particularly ones in their first season up there, would be willing to spend the money required to sign him though.

I might be in the minority here puts his tin hat on .

But he hasnt set the world alight since that little golden patch last season has he . Didnt Mr rooney have a little dig at Sibley in the match before last or am i wrong on that ? . 

If leeds come in with a stupid offer he is a player we can go without to fund players we do need !! . 

Or am i in a minority here .

Surely this is what mel wants bring youngsters through sell for alot of money to benefit the team .If there sold a little early what does that matter as long as it helps the team long term . 

My opinion of Louie Sibley couldn't be any higher. I've watched a ton of U18/U23 Premier League games and seen many outstanding prospects come through and go on to have excellent careers. 

Sibley jumped off the page, for me, more than any player I can remember watching at that level. I can't remember seeing many better individual performances than his in the U18 Premier League final against Arsenal, he ran the game and for my money was significantly the best player on the pitch, alongside newly capped Bukayo Saka. He came into the first team and showed what he was capable right away. 

He's the best prospect we've had at this club in my lifetime and the thought of him in a Leeds shirt makes me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty nail. It can't happen under any circumstance - short of the club going bust, this is arguably the second worst thing that can happen. 

5 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I might be in the minority here puts his tin hat on .

But he hasnt set the world alight since that little golden patch last season has he . Didnt Mr rooney have a little dig at Sibley in the match before last or am i wrong on that ? . 

If leeds come in with a stupid offer he is a player we can go without to fund players we do need !! . 

Or am i in a minority here .

Surely this is what mel wants bring youngsters through sell for alot of money to benefit the team .If there sold a little early what does that matter as long as it helps the team long term . 

Hate to admit it but your spot on..... no player we have if the offer is good enough would we say no to.a few reasons 

1.we need the money 

2. Thats exactly what the academy is for.

It's been said over and over and mel himself has said it many times.this is what sustainability looks like for clubs outside the prem.we all need to get used to it I'm afraid.id hate to see him go leeds but the reality is if the offer is good enough he will.if you can bring x1 sibley through every year and sell for 20mil it pays for the whole running of the academy and enough change to fund the first team with better quality players.i agree I'd love to see us keep and bring on the youth to better our first team but that's just not realistic.we are at the beginning of this journey and only some years down the line will you get to a point when the young ones you have sold have allowed you to bring in several siblys and then you are at a point when you can afford to build round them.

20 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

We had no wiggle room in negotiations. Everyone knew we were skint. No one else came in for Bogle, Sheff Utd knew we couldn't afford anyone unless we sold. The £11m is likely what the fee is after every add-on possible. People within the football world will know it's not £11m.

Everything you've posted is opinion - which is fine, just don't make out that it's fact.

21 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

But you appear to be completely ignoring that Wilder will also have his own agenda.

I’m not denying that Mel may well have wanted to massage the figures in public, but you seem to be saying “look, Mel has been using Percy to massage the figures in public, don’t believe what you read. Also Wilder has said it was way lower so we have to believe what we read.” When Wilder has just as much, if not more, reason to bend the figures in the other direction. 

Anyway. Can’t see Sibley going to Leeds. Don’t really buy into footballers caring who they play for but seems he is genuinely passionate about playing for Derby. Leeds also far more likely to want to buy oven ready players rather than projects especially for the presumed £15m+ this would take, although Sibley after a season or two under Bielsa would be a world beater. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Everything you've posted is opinion - which is fine, just don't make out that it's fact.

I am in no way saying I'm ITK or anything like that. But from what's been said and what I've heard, I'm certainly more inclined to believe it's closer to £6m than £11m

Leeds have spent a great whack since getting promoted, a lot more than most. If Benrahma was too much in the end then my guess is they will be looking at a cheapish deal and if it’s not possible they will move on. I expect we will want nearly £20 million and Leeds will be looking around £10million.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Leeds also far more likely to want to buy oven ready players rather than projects

Wouldn't say so at all. Especially with who they've been trying to get, Gvardiol for example was certainly not a ready made player, yet he was big money.

Money talks. If Leeds offer enough he'll go. I don't think the finances are a disaster at present, so I doubt we'll consider any low offers - although the P&S situation might increase our desperation.

Just imagine if we sold him for £15m and brought in Harry Wilson on loan for the season to replace him. Just get the striker situation sorted and we'd have a top 6 squad and maybe £10m left over.

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I expect we will want nearly £20 million and Leeds will be looking around £10million.

And the latter is what I'd expect to him to go for, knowing how skint we are. Think our fans are underestimating how little money we have. 

Archived