Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I shall forward this to the Moderators to get you removed for using inflammatory language. 
I take it that you are the one wearing a dunces cap?

Not sure what your point is but feel free to report it. 

It might help if you could highlight the inflammatory language for them.

i don’t like three at the back v wingers.

hernandez and buendia should find space behind Byrne and buchanan.

Wrong thread but wtf.

Amongst all of this wailing about Austin being worse than Martin, is there any indication Martin was ever really that keen on staying?

Theres been a few rumours, probably untrue, his marriage has broken down. He may have wanted a fresh start away from the area if these were indeed true. He may have wanted a fresh start anyway. I know there were discussions but perhaps these were a case of politeness from others sides. Ultimately the only info we have is that he left as Bristol City offered him favourable terms which is completely within his right but there seems to be an implication that Derby failed him in some way when no one really knows anything, so I do find it frustrating constantly seeing posts suggesting we “let him go” or other such terms that suggest it was Derby’s decision.

On to Austin, on the face of it, it is an odd one. Perhaps there is a bidder for Marriott and we want a poacher alongside Dursun. Perhaps we don’t want to be held to ransom for Dursun. Perhaps we simply feel he still has lots to offer. If he is the only one we bring in it would perhaps be a little underwhelming but as ever it would be far more sensible to wait and see than reveal that you still wet the bed at night over who your football team might or might not sign.

1 minute ago, DC-1975 said:

Why is he worse? He’s been promoted numerous times in the time Martin was here and played as a lone striker for plenty of those clubs. They’re the same age too aren’t they?

Because he got 5 open play goals last season, his all around play is worse, and what he did years ago is no longer relevant. Rooney used to be good too. Martin had a better season in a worse team last year. 

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well I imagine we can't possibly be signing him without doing that, or at least a large portion of them. Doubt we're getting him for free. 

There's quite a range between 'free' and 'a large portion'. Have you considered it could be something inbetween?

Not an option I would go for but none of us knows what might be going on within the Club regarding other possible signings.

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Let what go? It’s an opinion comparing two transfer targets. It’s a forum. Google what a forum is and the origin of the word, you might learn something

Sky says we are in talks to get Austin.

40 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I’d rather judge him playing in our team, if he does sign. I assume you didn’t write off Martin when he had his long goal drought for us?

Good for you. He's crap, and if he signs he'll be crap for us. 

Archived