Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

He played for these teams in his early 20s, thats like using Rooneys united stats for him now. In his career he has been prolific but is he now? 10 goals last season, 4 pens. I know its not all about stats and I am one of the first to say that for a striker but for the type of striker he is I dont think he is what we need right now. We need someone with more pace as well as physicality to cause more problems for defenders and to press from the front, I cant see that happening with Austin.

If we got Austin and someone else more like I described then I would be happy.

Not writing Austin off and not saying he is poor, just not what we need right now imo

That maybe the case - I would love us to get a young, proven goal scorer with pace, power, great hold up play, good in the air and strong defensively but suspect most Premier League teams are looking for the same.  The comment I questioned was that he isn't prolific... I'd argue his stats over the years would suggest he is.  Even in the most recent seasons he's been 1 in 4, including time in the Premier League.  Do I think he's first choice, I doubt it.  Do I think he can do a job for us this season whilst we get the right long term signing, yes, as long as we don't commit silly money. 

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

We're happy to pay Charlie Austin's wages, yet wouldn't offer Martin a contract better than Bristol would. Beyond a comedy. We're getting a worse, less suited striker, who's far past his best and on even more money. Absolute parody signing. 

we re the Martin munchkins you 

a stomping we will go 

diddly

Stomp stomp stomp Stomp 
Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

diddly

4 hours ago, LazloW said:

I say this in every transfer thread I bother to comment in; why don't we wait to see how he plays for us making such absolute statements one way or the other. Of course, its right and proper to look at a player who has had a long career and come to some conclusion as to whether you are i: excited at the prospect, ii: ambivalent, or iii: uneasy/unexcited - but until he puts on a shirt and runs around a bit there's no way (or point) in concluding he'll be crap.  Yet again, it just comes across as a wee bit irrational and childish (like having a teeny tiny tantrum).

Agree with every word except two ,,, teeny tiny ,,,, the Martinmunchbunch have been and still are throwing a massive full on tantrum ,, very strange for grownups if you ask me?

18 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

We need a striker who’s ready to play come Watford not another player who needs 5 weeks work to get fit 

Talking of Watford, the starting 11 could look a lot different come that game, Ibe could be fit, Duncan could be in and around and I still think there could be a striker and left back.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Talking of Watford, the starting 11 could look a lot different come that game, Ibe could be fit, Duncan could be in and around and I still think there could be a striker and left back.

Thought Ibe was 5 weeks away... can’t see Duncan being match fit so soon either....

27 minutes ago, Archied said:

we re the Martin munchkins you 

a stomping we will go 

diddly

Stomp stomp stomp Stomp 
Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

Stomp stomp stomp stomp 

diddly

A diddly ditty Archied and you have made significant use of a thesaurus and a dictionary.

Daily Mirrir - stomping diddly ditty.

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Won't get in the team now we're on a roll. 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Left the missing rhyme word after you for the imagination ?

You have really thought this through Archied but for me I need dots to show that a word should be added. Just saying. Missing words are non-stompers and nothing rhymes that I can think of.

Archived