Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie Austin of 2 years ago on loan would be a great signing... 

Right now I'm thinking if he has gone off the boil at the rate Rooney seems to have, then we may be wasting our cash whatever proportion we are paying. 

Fingers crossed the will is there for both of them to have one last hurrah,as those two anywhere near their pomp, with Jozwiak and Ibe flying down the wings is a quality proposition at this standard. 

With it being a reportedly short deal and Austin not really fitting the profile of a target man forward, it makes me wonder if this isn't an alternative for Dursun but a replacement for Waghorn. He seems to be struggling to recover from his injury, so could it be he needs an op and might be out for a while?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're so right - Riggott should never have left.

Eh? What?

Willie Carlin should never have left

peter Doherty should never have left

the club is a shambles.

Hear me out here... Let's say we were paying 20k pw to sign Austin on loan for the season. Would end up costing around 1mill for a year of wages. 

Dursun will cost at least 1mill right now plus his wages. When we can make a pre-contract agreement with him in January for nothing. 

Not saying I agree if we sign Austin over Dursun but on that basis the club save over 1mill in fees and wages by just waiting 6 months. When money is as tight as it is in football that could be alot of difference right now. 

I think this could turn out to be a good signing if it’s on a season loan - we take a split of the wages. Last year of contract, does well - earns a contract here for another year with option of two. Doesn’t do well, goes back and so be it.  

I’ve always liked Austin. He’s had a high level of consistency throughout his career, but the finances of the deal need to look right that doesn’t restrict us if he doesn’t stay fit. 

He was a bit of a grafter too, didn’t mind running the channels and liked the physical battle - AND he’s got a bit of character. 

Let’s face it, he’s a much safer bet than Dursun. I would probably guess that he’s a much more expensive bet too. 

People keep chucking his age about. He only recently turned 31 tbf.

Derby are rightly not going to be held to ransom for Dursun. 

They can go back in for him in January and agree a pre contract for free. So why would we pay over the odds to get him in now. 

Get Austin in for a season and bring the German on a free in the summer.

No brainer.

Oh god no. He’s old, slow and totally shot. We’ve already got Rooney for that. A panic buy which is everything we didn’t need. Knew it was too good to be true the recruitment we’ve done this window. This is much more a return to the normal poo show. Undoes all the previous good working by messing up the most important signing of all - replacing Chris Martin. Ducks sake

Archived