Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

Interesting if this happens - it has to make financial sense to us but we need a goal scorer - we would probably use him as a sub with 20 minutes to go type of thing with a 1 in 3 starting ratio. We have been putting the ball in the box from bryne and Buchanan which is what he feeds off.

interesting 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting if this happens - it has to make financial sense to us but we need a goal scorer - we would probably use him as a sub with 20 minutes to go type of thing with a 1 in 3 starting ratio. We have been putting the ball in the box from bryne and Buchanan which is what he feeds off.

interesting 

If he is sub who is first choice ?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He started 18 games, 16 sub. He has scored heavily with all of his clubs. Signing the German could work but how good is that league? No guarantees. A short term loan for Charlie would be ok with me....

The German div 2 is a very good quality it is widely regarded as competitive has ours or very near. 

25 minutes ago, enachops said:

Oh c’mon we’re only a few games in having had hardly any of our attacking players fit. A little early to judge. Waghorn has done it in 2 consecutive seasons and Lawrence did last season. I think the pessimism over Austin is justified. Not great stats last year in a promotion winning side.

Some players just have off seasons and if an off season returns 10 goals it’s not the worst is it, Martin had two seasons a lot worse but many would’ve kept him. I like Waghorn but he doesn’t fill me with the same confidence I’d get from having Austin in the team. 

Any chance Marriott could be sold to fund Austin and another striker and possibly Obita at left back (although thought Buchanan did well today?)

Taking your striker off at half time at home when you need goals and only bringing him on with 5 minutes to go today makes me think Cocu doesn’t rate him?

3 minutes ago, sage said:

what a cowley thing to say

Morris backs Austin to be new Clubman following Minor contractual issues resolved (sorry about that one!) 

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

Morris backs Austin to be new Clubman following Minor contractual issues resolved (sorry about that one!) 

If he signs, Rooney will just have a Minor playing role and become a club Ambassador. Sorry for typing in Ital ics  

6 minutes ago, sage said:

If he signs, Rooney will just have a Minor playing role and become a club Ambassador. Sorry for typing in Ital ics  

If it happens I'm sure he'll give maxi mum effort

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Really disappointed with this , 10 goals last year in a free scoring team that created chances is terrible , a good few of them were penalties too , really struggling to see the positives in this 

....yet in such a free-scoring team he was still top league scorer for them, despite playing less than the equivalent of 17 games

Archived