Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's already made this decision for us though. So it's a moot point whether we would want him or not. It's like being rejected by a girl after trying to make advances with her and then saying well I never liked her in the first place.

Someone at Derby must have considered him to be a viable option but he's said he doesn't want to come so anything outside of this fact doesn't have any bearing. 

You have to like a girl before making advances on her? Damn. That's where I always went wrong then ?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GeoffDerby said:

Just seen a news article on bbc sport saying “West Brom have signed Karlan Grant from Huddersfield in a £15m move.”. Not sure what that means for Austin and the new pecking order at West Brom. 

It means he'll sit in a tower of money like Scrooge Mcduck with tattoos, scratching his balls and ordering pizzas.

Probably didn't fancy an 80% pay cut to come here, blew the last our "pay a premier league striker a big cheque for 12 months " on Bents extra year no-one new about till he turned up with boots pre season.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, TomG said:

They're welcome to him!

On balance if there's a toss up between not getting a striker in which as the days go on with the alleged takeover dragging out seems more and more likely or getting in Charlie Austin I'd take the latter every time. 

16 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

On balance if there's a toss up between not getting a striker in which as the days go on with the alleged takeover dragging out seems more and more likely or getting in Charlie Austin I'd take the latter every time. 

Say what?

Sorry, i need to pick this apart...............it's not an either/or. If we don't have any money, then we can't sign anyone. Striker, defender, whatever. If Mel won't invest then that's that.

So.....assuming Mel won't invest, then we need the takeover to go ahead. AND THEN we need Austin to be the best that's available at that time.

Phew - glad i'd sorted that out in my own brain, if not anyone elses.......?

34 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Didnt want Austen anyway but if he is willing to go to QPR and refused to come to us esp after a rooney phone call you have to ask how low have we sunk . 

No you don't. You could say QPR offered a better contract, joining a previous club was an attraction to him or he wanted a return to the South East for family reasons.

It's so easy for some posters to use any opportunity to criticise the club they support.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

No you don't. You could say QPR offered a better contract, joining a previous club was an attraction to him or he wanted a return to the South East for family reasons.

It's so easy for some posters to use any opportunity to criticise the club they support.

spot on

Archived