Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

The entitlement of some people is incredible. We have absolutely nothing up from as it stands and need to get players in. 

Straight facts, Austin has scored more goals in less minutes than Martin over the last 3 years, and 2 of those were in the Premier League. Some complaining he's too old when fawning over Chris Martin. Austin just turned 31, Martin is 32 in a month. Martin chose to leave Derby, no one knows what he was offered and why he turned it down so there's no point speculating. People saying Austin scored 4 penalties without mentioning Martin scored 2.

Martin was my favourite player and I'm gutted he chose to leave, but people saying Austin is much worse and on the way down are straight deluded.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say this in every transfer thread I bother to comment in; why don't we wait to see how he plays for us making such absolute statements one way or the other. Of course, its right and proper to look at a player who has had a long career and come to some conclusion as to whether you are i: excited at the prospect, ii: ambivalent, or iii: uneasy/unexcited - but until he puts on a shirt and runs around a bit there's no way (or point) in concluding he'll be crap.  Yet again, it just comes across as a wee bit irrational and childish (like having a teeny tiny tantrum).

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh god no. He’s old, slow and totally shot. We’ve already got Rooney for that. A panic buy which is everything we didn’t need. Knew it was too good to be true the recruitment we’ve done this window. This is much more a return to the normal poo show. Undoes all the previous good working by messing up the most important signing of all - replacing Chris Martin. Ducks sake

On this basis, I'm in.

Sounds like the Dursun deal isn't going to happen at least this side of January so we need someone to bridge the gap. 

At least we have a Plan B which is a novel coup for our recruitment team. Whether Austin remains fit enough to justify his exorbitant wages is to be seen. 

42 minutes ago, ripleyram88 said:

The entitlement of some people is incredible. We have absolutely nothing up from as it stands and need to get players in. 

Straight facts, Austin has scored more goals in less minutes than Martin over the last 3 years, and 2 of those were in the Premier League. Some complaining he's too old when fawning over Chris Martin. Austin just turned 31, Martin is 32 in a month. Martin chose to leave Derby, no one knows what he was offered and why he turned it down so there's no point speculating. People saying Austin scored 4 penalties without mentioning Martin scored 2.

Martin was my favourite player and I'm gutted he chose to leave, but people saying Austin is much worse and on the way down are straight deluded.

Exactly ?

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

We're happy to pay Charlie Austin's wages, yet wouldn't offer Martin a contract better than Bristol would. Beyond a comedy. We're getting a worse, less suited striker, who's far past his best and on even more money. Absolute parody signing. 

So you know the details of each pay offer? Pray tell.

42 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sounds like the Dursun deal isn't going to happen at least this side of January so we need someone to bridge the gap. 

At least we have a Plan B which is a novel coup for our recruitment team. Whether Austin remains fit enough to justify his exorbitant wages is to be seen. 

You don't have a clue what our contribution to his wage would be.......unless you've inside information coming out of the Hawthorns.

Every time he has played against us I think he is going to score so I guess that says something. 
The other thing he would bring is a little bit of niggle. We are all a bit too nice for me. 
Not a long term signing perhaps but could work! 

1 hour ago, ripleyram88 said:

Austin powers could transform our season. Party on. Mini Me is part of the deal apparently.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

We need to make this Austin signing Allegro before he goes to Montego in the Xmas break.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I say this in every transfer thread I bother to comment in; why don't we wait to see how he plays for us making such absolute statements one way or the other. Of course, its right and proper to look at a player who has had a long career and come to some conclusion as to whether you are i: excited at the prospect, ii: ambivalent, or iii: uneasy/unexcited - but until he puts on a shirt and runs around a bit there's no way (or point) in concluding he'll be crap.  Yet again, it just comes across as a wee bit irrational and childish (like having a teeny tiny tantrum).

Lazio, please do not take all the fun out of identifying all the postets who are wrong. Let them have a go. It also gives me the chance to be right for once.

Archived