Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Really disappointed with this , 10 goals last year in a free scoring team that created chances is terrible , a good few of them were penalties too , really struggling to see the positives in this 

Who in our current team would you say you could guarantee would get us even 10 goals this season? 

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Who in our current team would you say you could guarantee would get us even 10 goals this season? 

Waghorn and Lawrence definitely and will both be back soon , other than that you're probably right , his wages are more than rooneys though so still don't see many positives 

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Oh c’mon we’re only a few games in having had hardly any of our attacking players fit. A little early to judge. Waghorn has done it in 2 consecutive seasons and Lawrence did last season. I think the pessimism over Austin is justified. Not great stats last year in a promotion winning side.

26 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Charlie Austin is the reliable Ford Fiesta we need. Not the flashiest car in the world, done a few miles, but still a decent drive and will get the simple things right 

Agree totally 

our problem is we’ve been a bit too arty farty under cocu

today was a prime example how a bit of strength, grit and tenacity still very much has Place in this league and will win u a lot of games 

im not saying we need to go full circle ... but a nice balance is good for any side with aspirations 

firmly behind this ... proven at this level and I would well imagine would settle and be up to speed a lot quicker than the Turkish lad which if is anything like big Dutch mike might take some time to climatise to the pace of things over here 

Some others have mentioned this, but we need to be bringing in a striker that is going to be fit to play from the day they arrive, or at least in 2 weeks time. I like the rehab projects for Ibe and Duncan, but we can't risk having too many.

In terms of Austin, he has scored goals for years and thats an important attribute. Can be a menace up front and cause problems. If he's fit and the deal is financially viable, looks like a good bit of experience up front to go with our young crop of attackers.

5 minutes ago, enachops said:

Oh c’mon we’re only a few games in having had hardly any of our attacking players fit. A little early to judge. Waghorn has done it in 2 consecutive seasons and Lawrence did last season. I think the pessimism over Austin is justified. Not great stats last year in a promotion winning side.

Exactly,  jozwiak and ibe could also get 10 goals across a potentially 50 game season,  people are forgetting that west brom consistently beat teams by scoring 4 or 5 goals and he was their lone striker and still managed only 10 goals,  if he comes ill obviously welcome him and give him my best etc but really don't think it would be a good signing 

22 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Really disappointed with this , 10 goals last year in a free scoring team that created chances is terrible , a good few of them were penalties too , really struggling to see the positives in this 

How many games did he start? Who were you expecting to get?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many games did he start? Who were you expecting to get?

Being honest I was expecting durson on paper he seems like what we need and hold up play looks better , 19 last year too I think he would score more than Austin and fit our style better , I would also of preffered us to get keiffer moore instead of Cardiff singing him,  macauley bonne also that qpr signed , many other options that we could of got that signed for teams of arguably lower quality than us 

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Exactly,  jozwiak and ibe could also get 10 goals across a potentially 50 game season,  people are forgetting that west brom consistently beat teams by scoring 4 or 5 goals and he was their lone striker and still managed only 10 goals,  if he comes ill obviously welcome him and give him my best etc but really don't think it would be a good signing 

West Brom scored 4 goals in three league games and 5 goals once last season.  By that rationale, Charlie Austin scores goals very consistently.

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Being honest I was expecting durson on paper he seems like what we need and hold up play looks better , 19 last year too I think he would score more than Austin and fit our style better , I would also of preffered us to get keiffer moore instead of Cardiff singing him,  macauley bonne also that qpr signed , many other options that we could of got that signed for teams of arguably lower quality than us 

He started 18 games, 16 sub. He has scored heavily with all of his clubs. Signing the German could work but how good is that league? No guarantees. A short term loan for Charlie would be ok with me....

Archived