Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh god no. He’s old, slow and totally shot. We’ve already got Rooney for that. A panic buy which is everything we didn’t need. Knew it was too good to be true the recruitment we’ve done this window. This is much more a return to the normal poo show. Undoes all the previous good working by messing up the most important signing of all - replacing Chris Martin. Ducks sake

If Rob Dorsett tweeted that the world was going to end in 4 minutes, would you reflect on your life or perhaps cuddle a family member, or indeed find the most beautiful woman nearby and make mad passionate love. No chance. You’d be on here saying:

Oh god no. The end of the world is everything we don’t need. I knew it was too good what God had created, and now he is prepared to allow 2020 years of hard work go out of the window for some catastrophic apocalypse. Undoes all his previous good work, accept letting his second born go to Bristol City on a free. Should have known then it was a sign. Ducks sake.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

No. He left before. What is so difficult to understand?

Quite a lot, apparently.

I think a few of the Martin cheerleaders, especially the ones who appear to have a problem with Austin's age, actually refuse to try to understand fixed-term contracts, contract renegotiation and so on.

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh god no. He’s old, slow and totally shot. We’ve already got Rooney for that. A panic buy which is everything we didn’t need. Knew it was too good to be true the recruitment we’ve done this window. This is much more a return to the normal poo show. Undoes all the previous good working by messing up the most important signing of all - replacing Chris Martin. Ducks sake

Based on the above then he must be worth a chance. After all.........

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Quite a lot, apparently.

I think a few of the Martin cheerleaders, especially the ones who appear to have a problem with Austin's age, actually refuse to try to understand fixed-term contracts, contract renegotiation and so on.

Please tell. 

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

With your permission, I'm going to forward this to the OED so they can use it as the example for 'overreaction'.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

It really is so simple that it would be an insult to you to explain it.

I shall forward this to the Moderators to get you removed for using inflammatory language. 
I take it that you are the one wearing a dunces cap?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

When Forest signed Lyle Taylor. Our fans were saying what a good signing it was to bring in. Even saw some say we should have gone in for him.

Lyle Taylor is 9 months younger than Austin and has had one good season at this level where he scored 12 last season.

Guarentee our fans would have been happy with signing him.

Also worth noting that if Charlie Austin wants to leave to play football there isn't a team at this level that will pay Austin anywhere near what he's on at WBA so he'll be well aware he's gonna have to take a big pay cut.

Spot on

Charlie Austin in the past three seasons:
17/18 | 18/19 - 9 goals in 49 games in the Premier League - 2009 minutes of football
19/20 - 10 goals in 34 games in the Championship - 1508 minutes of football 

150.8 minutes per goal in the Championship last season. It is decent, if played for every minute then it equates to more than 27 goals. It was actually one of the best in the league last season, better than the likes of Ollie Watkins, Rhian Brewster, Lewis Grabban - and Chris Martin. 223 minutes per goal in the Premier League in the most recent seasons, isn't that bad at all either. It's not too dissimilar to what Martin's average whilst at Derby was - a goal every 219 minutes. 

I'm sure if he can keep healthy then he will score goals. I would admit that I personally wouldn't go down this route - I'm not at all convinced we need a centre forward like the majority. If we can have someone who can link play, rotate with the other two players in that front three, come deep to get the ball then I'm sure would allow us to be fluid. 

We're happy to pay Charlie Austin's wages, yet wouldn't offer Martin a contract better than Bristol would. Beyond a comedy. We're getting a worse, less suited striker, who's far past his best and on even more money. Absolute parody signing. 

29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not the most prolific ? Have you seen his goals record? Other than Vydra who have we had who is not the most prolific over the last 10 years ?

He scored 10 goals last season, 4 of which were pens. I dont mind that sort of record if he is the type I think we need which is someone with more pace as well as build like Davis/Zohore

20 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Austin he doesnt rely on pace and is 39 this month and is still a top quality player.

5 open play goals last season. ''Top quality''. Maybe 3-4 years ago. He's washed up. We should be steering clear. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Charlie Austin in the past three seasons:
17/18 | 18/19 - 9 goals in 49 games in the Premier League - 2009 minutes of football
19/20 - 10 goals in 34 games in the Championship - 1508 minutes of football 

150.8 minutes per goal in the Championship last season. It is decent, if played for every minute then it equates to more than 27 goals. It was actually one of the best in the league last season, better than the likes of Ollie Watkins, Rhian Brewster, Lewis Grabban - and Chris Martin. 223 minutes per goal in the Premier League in the most recent seasons, isn't that bad at all either. It's not too dissimilar to what Martin's average whilst at Derby was - a goal every 219 minutes. 

I'm sure if he can keep healthy then he will score goals. I would admit that I personally wouldn't go down this route - I'm not at all convinced we need a centre forward like the majority. If we can have someone who can link play, rotate with the other two players in that front three, come deep to get the ball then I'm sure would allow us to be fluid. 

Brass neck of you.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We're happy to pay Charlie Austin's wages, yet wouldn't offer Martin a contract better than Bristol would. Beyond a comedy. We're getting a worse, less suited striker, who's far past his best and on even more money. Absolute parody signing. 

You have absolutely no idea what percentage of Austin’s wages we’re happy to pay if at all. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

You have absolutely no idea what percentage of Austin’s wages we’re happy to pay if at all. 

So we're just getting him for free? You can play dumb, but if you think we won't be paying a significant amount of it, you're deluding yourself.

Archived